Director's Cut

Would you buy a Director's Cut?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a Director's Cut?

• Yes, I would buy a Director's Cut
    • No, I would not buy a Director's Cut

I know Obsidian was rushed on this game. In my opinion a Director's Cut would be great. They could clean up the bugs and (if possible) actually finish the game. One thing would be to actually have the "Droid Planet" where the HK's are built. Don't get me wrong, I believe Obsidian did a wonderful job with the amount of time they had, LA just dropped the ball.

Some questions I would like you guys to answer is:

1. Would you buy a Dir. Cut?

2. How much should they charge for one? be realistic

3. Finally, what are some of the "tweaks" Obsidian should/could make?

I believe if the game was online enabled we would not be having this conversation.

1.yes

2. thirty bux

3. the droid planet is a good idea. I would be happier if they upgraded some of the NPC conversations as well. And a little smoothing out of the ending would be great.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

No I would never buy one... what's the point in spending the same amount of money AGAIN just to have a few things fixed? This is why we have patches, and Obsidian chose to not take advantage of Xbox Live, so now the only choice left is a director's cut, which I wouldn't buy anyway.

1. Since I'm pretty sure this won't happen, I feel safe saying "no".

2. People with KOTOR2 proof of purchase should get it for, like 10 bucks, but if there was new content and patches and it was shortly after tax refund time and I saw it in the $19.99 bin, I'd pay that much. I wouldn't go outta my way.

3. I don't think Obsidian forgot about the droid planet. Maybe they meant to put it in KOTOR2 but got rushed and decided to hold off resolving that stuff until KOTOR3. The Droid planet is such a big deal to HK-47 that I tend to think Obsidian intended all along to save the resolution of that story until 3. Either way, it's gonna be in 3.

If they were going to do a director's cut, they'd need to:

a. Check the plot for holes or check the game engine for a tendency to create them. You can bust an axle on some of the plotholes that come up in the game. Some of them seem to be the result of the player making one false move, and that shouldn't be. They either need to make the false moves impossible or write them back into the script. In other cases it seems like there's just no plot there cuz no one got around to scripting it out.

(I don't mean "make common things that were supposed to be rare" like the fairly slim chance you have of stumbling onto the way to turn Mira into a Jedi, I'm talking about places where you find yourself halfway through a sidequest that hasn't started yet, places where people who should know what just transpired act like they just met you, etc.)

b. Fix the random loot generator so absolutely implausible stuff stops happening, like Epiphany's example of finding a double-bladed sword in the belly of an Ewok or something.

c. Just have Vogga say "Then we have a deal. I'll call Lt. Grenn and let him know."

d. Have Lt. Grenn acknowledge it next time he sees you.

e. Make it easier for enemies to follow you from room to room. Several times I've had enemies rush right up to a doorway or some invisible line in the grass and just stand there while I pummel them (or heal up 'til I'm ready to go back).

1. No

2. $5, much like bioware is charging for their new modules (make it a patch for pc, since xbox live will never happen and a whole new release of disks is unlikely)

3. fix all bugs and glitches, fix spelling and grammar, remove dialogue once youve already used it (cant tell you have frustrating it was trying to remember which dialogue options i had already tried each time i talked to a npc party member), bring back npc party member sidequests.

Did LA or Obsidian ever give a reason for not allowing K2 to go on-line? About every other mag. review I read had stated that it was live enabled (OXM-Nihilus cover). Another review I read said that you could be trained by Sion (Stuff-Tara Reid cover)?!?!

maybe not a directors cut, but a new release of the game with the following:

1) Cleaned up dialogs - updated dialogs for Visas and Handmaiden in the end game

2) The Droid planet being finished and inserted back into the game

3) The HK factory mission finished and re-entered

4) Polish for the existing missions (Jedi Redemption as a prime example)

5) Re-balancing the random loot table to make drops more contextually consistent with where the drop is taking place (dark jedi items more weighted in Korriban and Dxun, light jedi items more weighted on Dantooine and Telos)

6) Re-balancing the end game force powers. Lightning Storm and Force wave are still unbalanced in end game, just as they were in the original KOTOR

7) Fleshing out the end-game. Possibly re-balancing of the enemies on Malachor V, additional side battles, additional cutscenes explaining where Mira goes, and additional lines of Kriea's dialog to give more of a since of closer for the NPCs and the exile. Personally i'd like to see a slideshow of static images showing how things end up with Kriea providing a narrative over it.

1) Cleaned up dialogs - updated dialogs for Visas and Handmaiden in the end game

5) Re-balancing the random loot table to make drops more contextually consistent with where the drop is taking place (dark jedi items more weighted in Korriban and Dxun, light jedi items more weighted on Dantooine and Telos)

6) Re-balancing the end game force powers. Lightning Storm and Force wave are still unbalanced in end game, just as they were in the original KOTOR

7) Fleshing out the end-game. Possibly re-balancing of the enemies on Malachor V, additional side battles, additional cutscenes explaining where Mira goes, and additional lines of Kriea's dialog to give more of a since of closer for the NPCs and the exile. Personally i'd like to see a slideshow of static images showing how things end up with Kriea providing a narrative over it.

I agree. Number 7 is a good idea.

I agree with number seven also.

• 3 weeks later...
I know Obsidian was rushed on this game.  In my opinion a Director's Cut would be great.  They could clean up the bugs and (if possible) actually finish the game.  One thing would be to actually have the "Droid Planet" where the HK's are built.  Don't get me wrong, I believe Obsidian did a wonderful job with the amount of time they had, LA just dropped the ball.

Some questions I would like you guys to answer is:

1. Would you buy a Dir. Cut?

2. How much should they charge for one?  be realistic

3. Finally, what are some of the "tweaks" Obsidian should/could make?

I believe if the game was online enabled we would not be having this conversation.

Yes, I would buy the Directors Cut version.

I actually would pay the full price of $49.99 provided that everything was complete.

By complete I mean that there are no bugs or glitches. There are no doors that go nowhere. There are no missing quests. It is LIVE enabled so that the developers can (and will) create new planets and quests.

We all know that this will never happen though.

I wish I had seen in K2 that the colors did something. Let me explain.

We all know the basic color scheme.

Red - Sith basic color

Green - Jedi Consular

Blue - Jedi Guardian

Yellow - Jedi Sentinal

Have the colors mean something. If a Jedi tried to use a Red crystal there was a dark disadvantage. If a Consular tried to use a Blue crystal it would be slightly unweildly due to it's intention to be used by a Guardian. If a Sentinal used a Yellow crystal there would be an advantage that would benefit just Sentinals.

Violet is kind of a mix of Red and Blue thus has Sith Guardian benefits.

Orange is kind of a mix of Red and Yellow thus is a Sith Marauder.

Viridian is to a minute degree a mix of Green and Red so it is used by Sith Asassins. Or make up a better combination of Red and Green which normally create Yellow.

The metals have a benefit that is not Class or Dark/Light side dependant. Silver has one, Gold has another, Bronze has yet a different, etc.

Have the colors mean something. If a Jedi tried to use a Red crystal there was a dark disadvantage. If a Consular tried to use a Blue crystal it would be slightly unweildly due to it's intention to be used by a Guardian. If a Sentinal used a Yellow crystal there would be an advantage that would benefit just Sentinals.

That's like saying Exar Kun should have been disadvantaged because he used a blue double-bladed lightsaber. Maybe special crystals like Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian should have LS and DS disadvantages and advantages but not standard crystals.

Colors of sabers aren't even supposed to mean that much in the Star Wars universe. There should be no advantages/disadvantages to using any color.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

i especially like #7.