KotOR II sales in december!

458,761 people bought KotOR II in North America on the xbox platform. By the time it's released on the PC and international xbox, it will probably hit 1 million. So now, Obsidian start working on KotOR III already! (with a better engine pretty please?).

Source.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

obsidian alreddy started working on kotor 3??? or are hoping??

No one's working on KoTOR III at the moment. Hence the topic description.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That sucks man. I mean, it's good for OE and stuff, but it only encourages those twits at LA to keep treating KotOR like crap. If they sold so much without giving a f*ck about the game, why change? <_<

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That sucks man. I mean, it's good for OE and stuff, but it only encourages those twits at LA to keep treating KotOR like crap. If they sold so much without giving a f*ck about the game, why change? <_<

on one hand its good that obsidian gets a "successful" title under their belt. on the other hand, lucasarts has proof that zero customer support, zero customer relations, and rushing a title out of the door early will still equal big time sales. so like you said, it gives lucasarts even more of an excuse to just half-ass their business approach since they seem to gross quite well even with the piss poor job by lucasarts.

on one hand its good that obsidian gets a "successful" title under their belt. on the other hand, lucasarts has proof that zero customer support, zero customer relations, and rushing a title out of the door early will still equal big time sales. so like you said, it gives lucasarts even more of an excuse to just half-ass their business approach since they seem to gross quite well even with the piss poor job by lucasarts.

That's true times two

Since those sales where for the xbox only and since console games are a bigger market. I play games on my PC also I just hate upgrading just to play games. :p

Plus Microsoft is lacking in RPG it gives LA two places to sell games=$. But too each their own.

I appreciate the sentiment Epiphany and I'm very glad that you and others like the XBox but fact is that I have played it in a friend's house and I don't. Nevertheless, I'm disappointed in seeing the preferential treatment consoles get over PCs these days, all I'd wish for was equality, but that's too much to ask for.

OT: I'm divided in my feelings about KotOR 2's success as has been expressed by others. I'm glad it's done well and that Obsidian's off to a good start, it is hopefully encouraging that perhaps Obsidian or some other dev will create a KotOR 3 giving a proper ending to KotOR 2, I can only hope. However the other factors mentioned such as the various problems with bugs, lack of support from LEC, and some of the decisions that went into the game itself (Though this last one is more of a personal dislike such as the ending, removal of npc subquests, lack of challenging enemies, etc) are less discouraging since success with such liberties only promotes LEC and whatever developer that may make KotOR 3 follow suit or maybe even get worse. I'd hope if there is to be a KotOR 3 that some of these would be improved upon, time will only tell.

I can relate to what you are complaining about, we here in Europe always get games after USA and Japan, and it's really annoying, not to mention a console game here costs atleast 84 US dollars (just to get some of you to see the price difference).

That's a shame.  You're missing out on an incredible gaming experience with it.

Actually s/he is not, the problem with the Xbox is that most of its good games are also cross plataform and can be played on a PC/PS2/CG.

That is the Xbox problem in relation to tiles, lack of exclusives with ends up being hard to justify the cost.

drakron.png

Actually s/he is not, the problem with the Xbox is that most of its good games are also cross plataform and can be played on a PC/PS2/CG.

That is the Xbox problem in relation to tiles, lack of exclusives with ends up being hard to justify the cost.

Ninja Gaiden alone is worth the price of the XBOX. Unless you're a wuss gamer that doesn't like to take a beating, and be truely challenged... :lol:

Aside from that, there are still a solid batch of exclusives, and also nearly every multiplatform (console wise) game is better on the XBOX anyway.

If NG doesn't make you drool, then Jade Empire may, and that's a total exclusive as well...

I'm actually gonna try Ninja Gaiden, I keep hearing it's so good. Then again that's what everybody said about Halo 1 and 2, and I didn't like them... (I got both)

Ninja Gaiden is a unique game...

If you love fast paced, high adrenaline action games, that don't make it the least bit easy for you, then Ninja Gaiden is the right game for you. If, on the other hand, you don't like to be stressed out over getting owned during combat, then stay away from Ninja Gaiden.

If you get it, and ever need any help, just PM me. I love the game and everything about it, so I'm sure I could provide a few tips for you if you need them.

hmm i wonder if lucas will stop LA from tryin to interfere or put "their word in" on kotor3. if they let obsidian do it and let them create a game engine the game would exponentially sell better cuz of the hype the first one produced, only put it out b4 halo3 or after it- preferably after cuz the halo3 hype will go down cuz halo2 was a failure. But if LA could put out some decent fanfare and advertisement this time it could probly top out at #2 or #3. im bein realistic halo3 will sell out becuz more ppl like it sadly. But kotor3 should have BLOOD and scars from ur battles if ur knocked out or over time u just start havin some scars show up- itd look pretty kool but youd only get a couple on the face and body. oh and let obsidian rummage thru the starwars library the GL has to look at some concept sith designs.

i want their ships and armor to be RUTHLESS and EVIL in design, like the ships have distinct edges like swords and are black wit red engines and stuff. also some truly awesome force powers that even GL would be suprised to see.

are we asking too much? just a kickass game?