Kotor 2 seriously trashed and bashed

ramza

"like them or hate them, their reviews are generally accurate, devoid of hype other reviewers are susceptable to."

False. Only someone brainwashed by the 'Codex would say that. Their reviews are just as biased and full of hype as the next review.

you're just jealous i didn't mention your review. i don't find alot of hype in their reviews, and mega titles do not get crazy phraises from them. consider it a balancing force in the universe of game reviews.

look at kotor reviews, all consistently 90% -100% from all major sites. Kotor2, which is supposedly similar to kotor, garnered mix reviews (some rate as low as 65%) suddenly. where's the logic of that?

The biggest difference between their review and others is that they don't give percentage scores, and usually are decently written.

Always entertaining to read; though. >_<

true. all true. :luck:

ps: for balanced reviews, rpgdot is another good source.

I had a different take. I thought the writing was abysmal... and not only technically. It was just terrible to read. Still, the ideas behind the writing were on the spot. I think I would have loved it if MCA would have cleaned it up a tad. Of course, we don't know who actually did the writing.

Still, the ideas were great. I saw a lot of potential to the design. That's why, flaws and all, I find a lot to enjoy in KoTOR2. I'll reserve my judgement, however, until I've finished the game. With all of the things in my life right now, that might be a while.

All in all, I've finished everything I could find on four worlds and I don't think I've got much left to do on the fifth. Afterwards, the end-game probably won't be long in coming. Then I can write my own review. After all, it seems writing a review for KoTOR 2 is a mania.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

What you've said is true, but Bioware polished the PC KotOR up quite a bit, even adding in an entire map, new items, etc.

are you talking about the Yavin Station? That shouldn't really count as an extra map. (Bioware just added it in as a place to buy lightsabre crystals, I think. >_< )

I had a different take. I thought the writing was abysmal... and not only technically. It was just terrible to read. Still, the ideas behind the writing were on the spot. I think I would have loved it if MCA would have cleaned it up a tad. Of course, we don't know who actually did the writing.

I wouldn't call the writing "abysmal," but it could have used quite a bit more editing. The spelling/grammer mistakes were what really put me over the edge, though. Bastilla?

The majority of the game's writing does feel rushed and half-finished, though; ideas that would have been well-executed had Obsidian gotten more time. It felt like Planescape Lite.

What you've said is true, but Bioware polished the PC KotOR up quite a bit, even adding in an entire map, new items, etc.

are you talking about the Yavin Station? That shouldn't really count as an extra map. (Bioware just added it in as a place to buy lightsabre crystals, I think. :devil: )

I wouldn't call the writing "abysmal," but it could have used quite a bit more editing. The spelling/grammer mistakes were what really put me over the edge, though. Bastilla?

The majority of the game's writing does feel rushed and half-finished, though; ideas that would have been well-executed had Obsidian gotten more time. It felt like Planescape Lite.

Yes, I was talking about Yavin Station, and I DO realize this. They still added it, along with items that weren't in the Xbox version, and the entire package overall was significantly more polished. If my PC version isn't more polished after having to wait two extra months, I'm gonna be pissed.

I've never seen a game get universally good reviews. Every game I've bought has both good and bad reviews; the trick is, if you care about reviews, is to find ones that you consider trustworthy and who's explanations of criticism (and praise) you feel are accurate to your tastes.

Didn't Resident Evil 4 get universally good reviews?

Hmm...I can't really remember a negative RE4 review. :)

manthing2.jpg

Resident #yawn# Evil 4 huh? I'm sure it will atleast be the most o.k. game of sometime

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.