Lightsaber Construction

edg

I was wondering, is there a designated place where you find the lightsaber parts every time you play the game? Last time, I got the last two pieces on Nar Shadaa, one of them is from Visas when you defeat her. The last time I played the game, apparently I had all the parts after I defeated Visas. This time around, Bao-Dur says I'm missing the lens. If there is a designated spot for the lens, could someone tell me where it is? I think I should have the lightsaber by now.

these are the locations for the lightsaber parts: you always get one from visas no matter what. the other places you can pick on up from are the scavenger on Dantooine (i thank his name is Jorram or Jorran or something along those lines. you have to rescue him from the inside of the sublevelss of the jedi enclave. you can get a part from lootra on nar shadda in the flop house or you can go to korriban and get a part from the dead jedi master there as well. if you get the parts from korriban and dantoiine before facing visas, you will get the part from visas and instead of destroying her lightsaber, you will get a short lightsaber also. you of course get a part from chodda on citadel station. either way, you should have all the parts before you finsish wiht the first planet after telos. hope this helps.

Anyone else notice you had to wait until after you get through Atris's Academy to build you first lightsaber? I had all the parts on my first play through (I built them all from on telos :rolleyes:... sort of power crystals of course) before I got to the telos surface and had hoped I could talk to Boa-Dur and get him to build it for me while I was on the telos surface then again in the underground base but no luck. Anyone acctually get boa-dur to build one for them before the got to their first planet after telos?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Anyone else notice you had to wait until after you get through Atris's Academy to build you first lightsaber? I had all the parts on my first play through (I built them all from on telos :thumbsup:... sort of power crystals of course) before I got to the telos surface and had hoped I could talk to Boa-Dur and get him to build it for me while I was on the telos surface then again in the underground base but no luck. Anyone acctually get boa-dur to build one for them before the got to their first planet after telos?

impossible

I was using a sentinal on my first play through and by the time I got to the suface of telos I had made a lens, a power cell, and a deflecting emitter(sp?) and bought a colour crystal from one of the duros brothers. So am I missing something in the construction process or did I not have all the peices needed to build a lightsaber?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I was using a sentinal on my first play through and by the time I got to the suface of telos I had made a lens, a power cell, and a deflecting emitter(sp?) and bought a colour crystal from one of the duros brothers. So am I missing something in the construction process or did I not have all the peices needed to build a lightsaber?

Does are not the pieces for making the lightsaber :lol: They for upgrading your lightsaber after you have built it. You can't make the parts for creating a lightsaber....

I always get to build my lightsaber before I leave Nar Shadaa. I get the first part on Telos from Chodo Habat. The next two parts I get on Nar Shadaa. I complete the refugee sidequest with Aaida. Then I raid Vogga the Hutt's storeroom for the last piece. I return to the Ebon Hawk, talk to Bao Dur and I have a lightsaber.

Does are not the pieces for making the lightsaber :thumbsup: They for upgrading your lightsaber after you have built it. You can't make the parts for creating a lightsaber....

Exactly what envida said; the parts needed to build a Lightsaber can't be created, you need to find them. What you built, Stargate: 2000, was parts for upgrading a Lightsaber.

ok so I am a little slow :p , I just confussed there for a bit because I knew you could make a lens, but it wasn't until my playthrough after I had posted that I realized that I wasn't reciveing a lens but instead a place to put lens's. Kind of a well duh moment there :p .

AscendedPaladin.png

Does are not the pieces for making the lightsaber :thumbsup: They for upgrading your lightsaber after you have built it. You can't make the parts for creating a lightsaber....

Exactly what envida said; the parts needed to build a Lightsaber can't be created, you need to find them. What you built, Stargate: 2000, was parts for upgrading a Lightsaber.

ok so I am a little slow :) , I just confussed there for a bit because I knew you could make a lens, but it wasn't until my playthrough after I had posted that I realized that I wasn't reciveing a lens but instead a place to put lens's. Kind of a well duh moment there :p .

LOL star I did the same thing on my second time through just to see...so your not the only one.

Haven't read through this whole thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned already or not, but I'm just wrapping up my third playthrough and I got my lightsaber almost immediately. In fact, I received a short lightsaber before I even contructed my own.

Here's how it happened. I played the game as a DS Jedi Guardian. Guardians level up the fastest, and there seems to be more DS responses to NPC's than LS ones. This will trigger the scene onboard The Ravager with Visas very early in the game.

I helped Czerka with the Ithorians and as a result, I received one of the lightsaber components.

After the whole Telos Polar Region episode, I went to Onderon first. As soon as you land on Dxun and exit the ship, turn around and go right back in. Visas will be waiting for you. Defeat her and get the last two components you need. But the catch is, you have to have that conversation with Bao-Dur about your lightsaber and of course, make sure you have a color crystal which you can buy from a vendor.

So, I then just went back out into Dxun and wanted to just play and explore rather than go in and make my lightsaber right away. So, I started doing all of the sidequests and wracking up some serious DS points. Also, I was killing indiscriminately. And the next thing I knew, I killed a cannock and a message came up saying RECEIVED: SHORT LIGHTSABER.

And that was that.

I was a Sith Lord before I left my first planet.

You know, I really think this game was made for playing it DS.

PS Never pass up an opportunity to cause as much horror and carnage as possible. Not only is it fun but you wrack up some serious points.

The saber locations seem to be hard wired into the game and are not random.

Each planet has a handful of saber locations.

If you have not built a saber yet those locations will have a Part you need instead.. if you have built your saber there will be a fully built saber. the type (double, single, short) will be random.

For example Visas battle on your first planet after Telos is one of those locations.

If you go back into the ebon hawk and fight her before building a saber you will break her saber get a part from her broken saber. If you go out and get your parts elsewhere before returning to face her then you will get a fully functional saber from her.

Same thing with the salvager on Dantooine. If you've already built your saber you will get another one from him. (random type) or if you still need a part you'll get that part.

I've tested this with Visas, The Salvager on in the ruins on Dantooine, The huts store room, and the reunited reffugees and you will either get a part or a saber depending on if you buit it yet.

• 3 weeks later...
And the next thing I knew, I killed a cannock and a message came up saying RECEIVED: SHORT LIGHTSABER.

And that was that.

I was a Sith Lord before I left my first planet.

I'm on my third or fourth play through. I prefer light side. It's a little more challenging to say the "right" thing.

I too bought the green crystal from one of the brothers. Then got the part from chodo.

First planet was Nar Shadaa. Went back on Ebon Hawk to get Visas and got another part. Built the lightsaber and then got a second one for reuniting Lootra and Aida. Got another lightsaber after putting Vogga and the Kath hounds to sleep.

By the time I finished Nar Shadaa I could have been one of the Jedi Masters and a level 17 Sentinal.

The saber locations seem to be hard wired into the game and are not random.

Each planet has a handful of saber locations.

If you have not built a saber yet those locations will have a Part you need instead.. if you have built your saber there will be a fully built saber. the type (double, single, short) will be random.

I have a few more play throughs to verify this but so far I have found that if you tell Atton that your original lightsaber was a single hilt you get issued a double after you buile your own. Of my four playthroughs I told Atton that mine was a single twice and the first three lightsaber finds were double hilted. When I told Atton that my original was a double hilted my first three finds were a single hilt.

Does are not the pieces for making the lightsaber  :lol:  They for upgrading your lightsaber after you have built it. You can't make the parts for creating a lightsaber....

True, but also extremely annoying and in my view an oversight in the dialogue. I go to Bao Dur and as him if I can build a lightsaber; he tells me I need a lens. No problem -- I go to the workbench and make myself a lens. Go back to Bao Dur -- same reply. They could have at least said that you cannot make the kind of lens you need.