Double Bladed Lightsaber

Should they make the DoubleBladed Lightsaber a hard weapon to master by making it a seperate feat.  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should they make the DoubleBladed Lightsaber a hard weapon to master by making it a seperate feat.

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I thin it should be a separate feat, as fighting with a double bladed weapon is far different from using dual weapons. Also, mastering such fighting styles take years of hard work and dedication, and even then not everyone can use them. The dual and double weapons should be far harder to master, although mastering them would give bonuses, and they should have separate feats.

I'm not a big fan of this idea, but I gotta admit it really does make more sense than dual wield proficiency =ing doublebladed proficiency. I think even in the movies somebody mentions that the doublebladed technique is incredibly difficult and so it probably oughta be handled as a separate skill.

I rarely've played KOTOR doublebladed and haven't played KOTOR2 that way so maybe someone can tell me: Is doublebladed significantly better than/different from fighting with two singlebladed lightsabers?

It seemed to me in KOTOR that role-playing and different fight animations were the only real reasons for going doublebladed, since two single-bladed sabers let you get extra bonuses from two more crystals. With three more upgrade slots on lightsabers, it would seem that the advantage of carrying two 'sabers would be that much greater in KOTOR2. But I dunno, maybe doublebladed 'sabers are so much better that they negate any advange you get from the extra upgrades.

Is it a matter of personal preference or is there a real functional difference?

Double bladed sabre had the potential for higher damage.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Well, wouldn't it be a case of how abundant the lightsaber components are? You could use two lightsabers at the expense of the concentrated damage and to-hit bonuses (plus the fact that if you then also decide to have other jedi NPCs to tag along you have less options in terms of their weapon's capabilities), or you could put your best crystals and lenses into the one double-bladed lightsaber.

Of course it all comes down to rareness of parts and stuffs (as I wouldn't know, so close though. xD) and also your personal playing preference (eg cooler style or having one lightsaber for power, with off-hand for stun).

it would be interesting (albeit probably not in the ruleset) where if you didnt have master duel-saber (or whatever the two-weapon highest rank is), then you could use a double-bladed lightsaber, but ran the risk of injuring yourself just as much as injuring your opponent.

just like a non-force user, as said in the movies, would have just as much chance injuring themself as their opponent, it would be...different....if they allowed a non-jedi to equip a lightsaber, but at the risk of actually damaging themself each time they swing (some kind of saving roll or something to determine whether they hit their opponent or themself).

i know that probably goes against everything in the ruleset, but in theory it might make things more interesting and might cause people to think more whether they want to risk using a double bladed lightsaber on a character that isnt a "master" at duel-wielding.

If it were up to me, I would have a seperate double-bladed lightsaber feat with its own three levels.

(For those who don't know, the double-bladed lightsaber has higher damage than regular lightsabers, only with a smaller critical range.)

Personally, I preferred carrying two lightsabers in KOTOR, because I could use twice as many crystals and add up the various bonuses.

The double-bladed lightsaber should also have double the number of crystals, since it would need two beams.

Although the style I prefer (but was relatively weak) is the single bladed lightsaber.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Technically I think all styles (single, double, duel) should all be fairly hard to master, but in the end they should all be equal seeing as they all have distinct advantages/disadvantages that make them so. However, I do like the idea of adding in new feats for double bladed(staff) weaponry as it makes more sense seeing as a staff isn't two weapons being wielded at once.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

i think the idea is "brilliant" "yes BRILLIANT" (w00t) too much coffee lol.

it fits well with the idea, why the jedi dont practice it so much later on making it a rare style by the time darth maul comes along perhaps they should invent a whole new 7 or so fighting styles for it and the same for duel wilding. Interesting thought why wouldnt you be able to go through with master dueling and when you get into special jedi/sith classes be able to branch off between superior duelling or dual wielding light sabres? >_<

i think that there should be different feats for every lightsaber u use, and like the u lose alot of ur force focus if u use 2 sabers-that arent bonded instead of one, and that duel wielding sabers should be "joined" per say in the force, as in u have a bond with them. and shouldnt double bladed lightsabers have six slots as well? cuz in episode1-phantom menace for those who dont refer to the triliogies being made by GL right now, mauls saber still works even after the other blade was destroyed. plus every saber should have its own fighting style that works- i was excited about the styles, but they dont really do anything. the ch. in kotor3 needs to be more lithe, as in he does extremely complex moves- regardless of wether u have regular attack goin or power attack or critical strike, so u believe ur guy is truly powerful.

I think that double sabers of any kind should only be available to weaponsmasters or mauraders, and only after they have leveled up a significant amount. A good way to counter act it too would be that force powers where tremendously less effective while double wielding, even passive or enhancing ones like force speed

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think that double sabers of any kind should only be available to weaponsmasters or mauraders, and only after they have leveled up a significant amount. A good way to counter act it too would be that force powers where tremendously less effective while double wielding, even passive or enhancing ones like force speed

So if your a Sith Lord you cant use a Double Bladed Lightsaber? DBLS is typically a sith weapon any way...

So if your a Sith Lord you cant use a Double Bladed Lightsaber? DBLS is typically a sith weapon any way...

Well if you're a Sith Lord you don't have much need for an uber lightsaber since you have killer Force Powers, hence you don't need a double bladed LS. I think it's a Sith Marauder weapon.

I like the ideas about having it as a separate feature. How do the Star Wars d20 handle it?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy