Age and You

Do people in the KotOR world age differently than you and me?

In the original, Carth is my man... and he is hot :) ... don't get me wrong. But he has a son who is at least 17. So, he's in his late 30s. And Revan can actually be quite young... and she looked it. But, then again, so did he!

So, how old is Exile? I mean think aobut it?

A jedi and a general?

And Atton is... a baby. Fresh out of diapers. And then you find out that he is

an assassain and has killed many, many Jedi!

If people are this well preserved... how old must the wrinkly people be? :)

well if you play a male, it is implied

that the exile and atris had a "thing" before he went to war, and thus one of the reasons shes bitter about him disobeying the council is because he also left her

. if that is the case, and judging how old she is (or seems), id put the exile at atleast late 30's, possibly even early to mid 40's. especially considering how mira always jokes about how youre too old and could be her father, and shes probably in her 20's.

First of all Atris was only jealous of the Exile because he/she got to do what Atris deep inside always wanted to; to go to war (or fight). So even since the Exile earned the title 'Exile', Atris has been sort of obsessed with the Exile. She's jealous.

They never had a romance going on... and I doubt Atris is 65. Maybe you were joking...

First of all Atris was only jealous of the Exile because he/she got to do what Atris deep inside always wanted to; to go to war (or fight). So even since the Exile earned the title 'Exile', Atris has been sort of obsessed with the Exile. She's jealous.

They never had a romance going on... and I doubt Atris is 65. Maybe you were joking...

you sure about that? the dialogue i got with her as a lightsider sure hinted at a LOT more than just jealousy. i think perhaps you didnt explore all the dialogue options, since a few of them clearly hint at some kind of "past" between the two (assuming exile is male).

well if you play a male, it is implied

that the exile and atris had a "thing" before he went to war, and thus one of the reasons shes bitter about him disobeying the council is because he also left her

.  if that is the case, and judging how old she is (or seems), id put the exile at atleast late 30's, possibly even early to mid 40's.  especially considering how mira always jokes about how youre too old and could be her father, and shes probably in her 20's.

I think Mira jokes about his age due to the fact of what the exile has been through. When you deal with a lot of stress it can make you look older than you actually are.

I too would prefer a young Exile but that just isn't the case.

I don't think it's possible to be a "young" exile. I'd peg him/her as being at least early thirties, possible late thirties. It doesn't make any sense to be any younger. We know the Mandalorian War ended 10 years ago, but unless I'm missing something, the timeline for when it started or when Revan joined the battle hasn't been spelled out. It's strongly implied that the Exile, Malak and Revan are all about the same age, so I'd say about 35 would make sense.Say the Exile joins the war at 22, it lasts for 2-3 years, and now it's 10 years later. That would also make sense story-wise, as having a world-weary wanderer who turns out to be 24 doesn't make much sense.

The ages seem off in this game for a couple characters. Take the Handmaiden for example. Considering that there is the possiblity of romance between she and the PC, you'd think she's at least 18, but probably not much older than that. We know

she's the product of Yusanis and Master Kae. Kae has been dead for 10 years, since its known she was a victim of Malachor. Does this mean Yusanis and Kae had been seeing each other for a decade before that? If so, where did HM grow up? We know it wasn't with Kae, she doesn't even remember her face. So was she shunted off to Yusanis' household with his wife and her half-sisters before the war? I guess that could make sense if Yusanis and Kae met earlier, produced Brianna, and then Kae gave her up. Yusanis would then have gone to the Mandalorian war to re-connect with Kae. Makes sense, sorta.

If playing as a Male Exile, I don't think there is any question of some sort of previous relationship between he and Atris. The first visit to the Telos Base, Atris has a line like "

He chose the war over the Jedi, over the Council over....

. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the next term is "over me".

Unless you think it's "over a giant plate of biscuits" or "the chance to win a brand-new speeder", which are both highly unlikely. I do think Atris is a bit older than the Exile though. Probably not much, maybe she's early 40's. That would continue this game's prediliction for inapproriate relationships.

Appearance is also not necessarily a good indicator of age. I have two friends who are the same age (they are both 34). One looks to be in his mid-fourties and the other appears to be in his late twenties.

Age can also be indicated by action and demeanor. I'm 25 and look it. I am often mistaken for being almost 30 as I act that age. When you combine the two, you can often get a good indicator of age.

Now that being said....I think that the faces I've seen could be anywhere from a mature early twenties to a youthful late thirties. Age is subjective. That's the fun of a RPG. You can be what you want to be (and interprite others to some degree, as you want) to make the story your own.

you sure about that? the dialogue i got with her as a lightsider sure hinted at a LOT more than just jealousy. i think perhaps you didnt explore all the dialogue options, since a few of them clearly hint at some kind of "past" between the two (assuming exile is male).

I've beaten the game three times and I've never noticed a romance between Atris and me, and I've chosen a lot of dialogues, different ones each time.

Traya said she loved me in the end, but I could understand she did not mean it that way.

There was no romance between Atris and the Exile, but it is hinted that Atris wanted one deep down inside.

Handmaiden suggests this when she asks Atris those questions after your first meeting with Atris. Handmaiden reinforces this when you read her thoughts much later on in game.

Just something that was hinted at, was made clear tho there never was any romance or such type thing between Atris and the Exile tho.

If you ask me, I think it IS possible for the Exile, the bare minimum, to be actually age of 24, but not any lower. Any less would be impossible, because that would imply that he could be in a jedi, a general, at the age of 12 or 13.  ;)

KOTOR 2 takes place 10 years after the Mandalorian Wars...that would mean the Exile is 14 when he becomes a general :)

If you ask me, I think it IS possible for the Exile, the bare minimum, to be actually age of 24, but not any lower. Any less would be impossible, because that would imply that he could be in a jedi, a general, at the age of 12 or 13.  :blink:

KOTOR 2 takes place 10 years after the Mandalorian Wars...that would mean the Exile is 14 when he becomes a general o:)

That makes me wonder. I know, from the timeline of jedi civil war, it was 5 years to kotor.

But to be honest, does anyone have confrimation how long the Mandalorian Wars were?

"That makes me wonder. I know, from the timeline of jedi civil war, it was 5 years to kotor.

But to be honest, does anyone have confrimation how long the Mandalorian Wars were?"

Well, if we base our timeline off the Chronicles, the Mandalorean War (#IX) is said to have started in 3,963 BBY. The next Chronicle (X) states its timeframe as 3,961 - 3,956. Now at the begining of X, the mandalorians are in retreat, so we might assume that the war lasted from 3963-3961, aka. 2 years. If we assume that skirmishes lasted the whole of that time (which I don't), then the war lastes 7 years. I definatly lean towards the two year mark.