Hanharr bug - infinite +2str/-2int, exp/ds points

I have run into the strangest bug using Hanharr on my darkside game. Hanharr joined my party and I chose him and T3-M4 to use on Goto's yacht and to rescue me. Once they had rescued me from the main chamber, I spoke with Hanharr and did every conceivable dark combination of phrases and gained a lot of influence. Eventually, a question came up "Why do you follow me?"

I followed it to the end, and gained +2 strength for Hanharr, and -2 intelligence, 1000 experience points, and dark side points. Then on the Ebon Hawk, I asked Kreia about the lesson of strength, then went to Hanharr and asked him about it. Then I returned to Kreia and rejected the lesson of strength which gave me a +2 wisdom bonus. (To accept it gives you +2 strength and +1 constitution).

This is where the strange bug comes in. I went back and re-did the question line "Why do you follow me?" with Hanharr, over and over again, and each time it gave me additional dark side points, another 1000 experience points, and Hanharr +2 strength and -2 intelligence. Eventually the -2 intelligence went below 0 and because the developers used an unsigned single-byte integer to represent those values, it reverted to 254 intelligence... which gave all of my intelligence-dependent skills, such as computer, repair, security, and demolitions, a +122 bonus. My ranks are now huge. This also serves as a way of getting unlimited dark side points and unlimited experience points. I redid this tons of times just to see if there was an end to it, and there definitely isn't.

I don't consider this an advantage. its ruined my game, and now I am going to have to start all over. However, I was wondering if anyone else had seen this strange bug.

The line of conversation I took in the "Why do you follow me?" question line I have included below:

Me: Why do you follow me?

Hanharr: Because the weak obey the strong!

Hanharr: As long as I am here, I will force you to be strong, for the moment you show weakness, I shall be at your throat.

Hanharr: When you die, our debt shall be settled.

Me: Does that mean you serve me?

Hanharr: Serve you? I watch you, I shadow your movmenets through the dark places in the galaxy.

Hanharr: My reasons are my own, but know that I shall one day show you what hatred is, and what life is.

Me: As long as you obey me, I couldn't care less.

Hanharr: I believe you are correct human - and so wrong, at the same time. It is enough, I think.

Hanharr: I see the slaves you have gathered around you. You are as much a slaver as the tribe of Czer-ka, but the price of that slavery lies behind your eyes. In the heart.

Hanharr: Do not think we are different, you and I. You are as much of a monstor, an exile, as I am. We both walk in the Shadowlands, to prove ourselves great.

Me: The debt you mentioned - what are you talking about?

Hanharr: Among my people, there is a custom, a debt that is a form of slavery. I did not see what it was until your kind came to our planet and showed it through your eyes.

Me: What kind of debt?

Hanharr: For my people, to stop one from dying, from traveling to the Shadowlands, makes their life yours.

Hanharr: These bonds are called "life debts." They are invisible shackles that one wears upon the wrists - and in the mind.

Me: You are a fool to let your primitive customs chain your actions.

Hanharr: [influence: Failure] If I give up everything of my people, then the Shadowlands will have my body... and my mind.

Me: But to adhere to the codes of your people - that is only another form of slavery.

Hanharr: It is what must be.

Me: All you need to do is give them up.

Hanharr: That... I cannot do.

Me: Then you shall always be prey, Hanharr. You are your own prey, and such things are weakness.

Hanharr: [influence: Success] To give up everything of my people... means I will be no longer one of them, even in the place that exists beyond the Shadowlands.

Hanharr: When I die, I shall become part of the Shadowlands... and never return from my exile. This blackness that surrounds me will be where I die, forever.

Me: You are already damned beast. It only requires that you face it.

Hanharr: :: Silence ::

Hanharr: Enough... human. You wish to break me from my people - you wish to make it so I am no longer prey.

Hanharr: You have done this - shattered the shackles in my mind with your words.

Hanharr: The last path to the place beyond the Shadowlands is now denied to me. I honor no life debt now - and I will walk with you and your tribe, by choice.

Me: Then walk my pat, and realize that nothing should keep you tied to this galaxy or others.

Hanharr: You have murdered that which made me weak, and killed it in my spirit.

Hanharr: And I am here to be the predator of such things which stalk within you.

Me: [You have broken Hanharr fully into your service, making him stronger. He has gained +2 Strength and lost -2 Intelligence.]

Hanharr: Leave me, human. There is nothing more for us to say - only battle, and the death it brings.

Do you always go to Kreia between the conversations with Hanharr?

Nah. I only had to go to her the first time to reject the lesson of strength. I don't know if this works when you accept the lesson. I am not even sure if you have to go to her at all at this point -- most likely, you don't have to do anything to the lesson of strength to keep going through the Hanharr interview and getting this bug to work. I posted this exactly as I did it however -- the way I did it, I know works.

Do you always go to Kreia between the conversations with Hanharr?

Nah. I only had to go to her the first time to reject the lesson of strength. I don't know if this works when you accept the lesson. I am not even sure if you have to go to her at all at this point -- most likely, you don't have to do anything to the lesson of strength to keep going through the Hanharr interview and getting this bug to work. I posted this exactly as I did it however -- the way I did it, I know works.

Having tried it again, I don't have to go to Kreia at all. In fact, if I pick Hanharr for Goto's yacht, once I've been rescued I can gain all the influence and follow that convo-line I posted right away, to infinitum.