What game has most suprised you?

Darth Reven

Medal of Honor Allied Assault...I downloaded the demo without any great expectations and ended up playing it non-stop for weeks until the real deal came out, and then I played on-line for years. I still play sometimes now although COD:UO is hard to avoid.

I guess unlike previous shooter games I had played where you blazed around at high speed bunny-hopping everywhere this game actually felt like real combat might...at least to me. Plus the sound effects and taunts were awesome. ;)

...American McGee's ALICE...I figured it'd be somewhat amusin', but I had no idea I'd become as addicted ta this game as I became...hell, I remember a nice long discussion I had wit' Puuk (Damien Foletto) o'er on the ol' BIS Boards in which I tried ta make him a true believer o' the acid-trip greatness o' this game...truly me most surprisin' find ta date (except, o' course, fer PS:T)... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

PS:T and American McGee's Alice.  I didn't expect much out of either and I still play both.

...are ye stalkin' me???... :blink:

:p

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

gothic 2... i love it. i'm cheating on the chests, however, by finding the combo on the web, but the only way to pick them in the first place is to save and reload ad infinitum until you pick it anyway. that kinda blows since it's really cheating, too. should be a skill check.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

You could only be so lucky, Sarge. If you get out of hand, I'll sic Volourn on you!

Oh, and KoTOR. I didn't know what to expect, but I was quite happy with it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You could only be so lucky, Sarge.  If you get out of hand, I'll sic Volourn on you!

...yer threats mean li'l ta me, lad; wouldna be the first time (today, e'en) that I had ta smack the Gully Dwarf 'round a bit... >_<

...plagiarist... :p

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Don't make me pull out my +5 sword of doofus slaying, swineheart! I've been a PS:T fan since before you were born.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Neverwinter Nights is a fairly complex overall. On one side it is a technological marvel with a powerful, yet easy to use tool system, a DM client, and great multiplayer. Add in the best continual technical support that any game has ever seen and you do have one the the best technical marvels of modern gaming.

Its just that the OC sucked. Its great and terrible at the same time. Only Bioware could make a game with that level of separation in quality.

That was the whole package, Volourn. We have had this discussion before yet you remain an idiot for not understanding my position. I will not get into the same argument again for it is pointless since you refuse to understand. I gave the software an oveall a grade of C.

"I gave the software an oveall a grade of C."

You, yourself, stated that you only rate the actual camapaigns that coem from games hence you rated the OC 75%. Don't try to slither out of your statements.

75% is not a C. It's in the B range. Nice try though.

:p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I gave the software an oveall a grade of C."

You, yourself, stated that you only rate the actual camapaigns that coem from games hence you rated the OC 75%. Don't try to slither out of your statements.

75% is not a C. It's in the B range. Nice try though.

:wub:

Like I said, I am not going into this argument over again. Nice try to bait me, but its not going to work. :thumbsup:

"Volourn, you got your grading scale all **** up, you do know that. 81 to 90 is the B range."

Deja vu! You are wrong.

"This sounds like my old PNP group - we had surrounded the chief bad ass after wiping out his evil minions and he had nowhere left to run so my lawful good dwarf warrior offered him a chance to surrender to which he replied "Give me a warrior's death!". I told him that I would face him one on one - if he beat me my companions would let him walk away.

So after an epic battle on the castle rampants I finally struck the killing blow...I knelt down to hold the dying guy's hand and whisper that he would be remembered as an honourable foe, when suddenly the rest of my party shoved me aside and started looting! Instead of passing away to a fellow warrior's stoic words, he had to pass into the nether realms listening to an elf and a hobbit arguing dibbs on his magic cloak..."

LOL I love this kind of story. It happens a lot.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.