How much later would you like K3 to take place?

it depends on one thing and one thing only:

the ending of k2 leaves much of the revan and exile story still wide open. i want this story to be completed. so if thats the case, then possibly 5 or so years later

however, if that is not the case, and its a brand new story, then i really hope its a good 100 or 200 years later so that it can be a truly new story and wont have to worry about continuity of the previous two games.

Probably doesn't have to take place any number of years depending on who you are going to play as in KotOR III, if it is a new character than probably they only need to make it 2 years at most not even that. However, if they make it like Final Fantasy VIII where you sort of had two main characters....and those two characters where Revan and the Exile then perhaps it could be directly after KotOR II,

this makes sense based on the ending in KotOR II

note: I know that may not seem like a spoiler but if I didn't blacken the text then people who dont want the game spoiled could possibly infer something about the plot from the paragraph preceding it.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

A pretty long time after the events of KotOR II, like a century later. Instead of having to do anything directly with Exile or Revan, have the main character deal with the repurcussions of the actions of those two, and while doing so, you learn what they did, and what happened to them.

(dunno if the previous post appeared or not...)

A pretty long time after the events of KotOR II, like a century later. Instead of having to do anything directly with Exile or Revan, have the main character deal with the repurcussions of the actions of those two, and while doing so, you learn what they did, and what happened to them.

(dunno if the previous post appeared or not...)

yeah that would be cool. i'd either want it to be like, right after the events of KOTOR2 or a long time later.

I'd say 10 years max. Anything beyond that has too be completly new charecters and storyline. 3-4 years would be ideal.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

Next Monday, at tea-time.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Next Monday, at tea-time.

Sounds good to me :p

Most definately. Have a cup of tea, then time to save/conquer the galaxy :)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But only if we get biscuits with the tea.. :cool:

That settles it then. The next monday after

The Exile leaves to find Revan and the True Sith

, you have a cup of tea with a lot biscuits. Only after that, the game starts...

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The way the story left off, I thought KOTOR3 would take place right on the heels of KOTOR2. Early on, GOTO suggests the Empire is within a month of collapse and I didn't get the sense that everything was OK at the end of the game, so the game might even take place within that time frame.

I think this is more than likely best, simply because it would give you the chance to answer some of the nagging questions left by KOTOR 2. Though since they (obsidian and LA) have set the precident(sp?) of picking up five years after the privious game, I am willing to bet that KOTOR 3 will also bet set five years after KOTOR2 thus 10 years after KOTOR... which will suck ass since more than likely whoever will be developing the game will choose the easy path and kill off everyone from TSL just so they don't have to deal with someone elses characters. The sad part of this is that it might also mean that we wont see revan or the exile in the third installment....yet agian <_< .

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png