Why Didn't They Include Bastila?

I guess this is only relevant if you made certain (namely LS) choices in KotOR I, but still...

I mean, she's one of the last surviving Jedi, and after the events KotOR I, she would be a damned powerful addition to your party.

If you're supposed to hunt down the last of the Jedi and either bring them togeather or exterminate them, why didn't the developers include her? They brought back that cranky old fool Vrook (I hate him and his judgementality-I even find Atris' attitude more appealing). Why not have her join you or at least be someone you can talk to and have go to Dantooine?

They even bothered to include her in a cut scene. I don't get it-there's another uber-powerful Jedi knight left in the galaxy, and you don't even get to ask her to come with you? I would be fine if you could do that and have her possibly decline. At least they could have acknowledged her Jedi status. Honestly, I think this game was rushed through development too quickly.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Agreed. In fact, I griped about this in a seperate thread. My biggest complaint was that you could only even see Bastila if you told Atton at the beginning of the game that Revan was LS/DS male.

Since Bastila was one of two main characters in the first game, she should've been in the game regardless of Revan's fate or gender in the first game. After all, you see Carth no matter what you told Atton in regards to Revan's gender. And he actually plays a rather important role for the Republic if you told Atton that Revan was LS.

You can go back to the earliest days of these forums when we were all speculating that this top secret project Obsidian was developing was KOTOR 2, and some of the first threads created were "What happened to Bastila?", "Do you think Bastila Will be in Kotor 2?", "Was the romance with Bastila satisfying?", or just, "Bastila".

Each of these threads seem to have hundreds of posts and it's obvious that knowing Bastila's fate after the first game (even if you chose to kill her, they didn't actually show it) was what a majority of the fans wanted to see.

The first time I played the game that was one of the things I was really looking forward to see, but because I told Atton Revan was female, I never even saw her. No cut scenes, no nothing. Kind of blew.

So, yeah, I agree, Bastila should of featured in the game more prominently. It sucked that she didn't.

Actually, I'm glad she didn't have a more prominent role. That woman actually had the nerve to lecture me, the former Dark Lord of the Sith, on being a Sith! Besides that, she had nicer underwear than I did (as female Revan).

Seriously, though, her uptight preachiness really got on my nerves after a while.

:ph34r: (gets ready to take cover) ......

Her cameo appearance in the game itself is just another of the many plot holes that KotOR 2 is so fond of. A high profile Jedi like her would be the first one to die if the Sith were secretly killing Jedi, besides the fact that you and the Jedi Masters are supposed to be the only remaining Jedi; but this fact is conviently ignored so you can see her pretty face one more time.

I don't think she should have been in the game because she shouldn't even be alive in this time. Maybe if the entire game were completly different and there was a cohesive storyline that made sense and was independent of KotOR 1 (as Bioware originally wanted it to be, when I used to be on their forums for the 1st game), then, just maybe, she might have had a place, but the game as it is has no place at all for her.

I agree. KoTOR II has no place for Bastilla. I don't agree that she was an uber Jedi. She was about as mediocre as Jedi come. Yes she was proficient in the art of Battle Meditation; but that's all. The only other thing she's known for is heading the party to stop Darth Revan. Malak did all of the work for her. If Malak hadn't intervened, Revan more than likely would have killed Bastilla and the party of Jedi sent against him.

I agree.  KoTOR II has no place for Bastilla.  I don't agree that she was an uber Jedi.  She was about as mediocre as Jedi come.  Yes she was proficient in the art of Battle Meditation; but that's all.  The only other thing she's known for is heading the party to stop Darth Revan.  Malak did all of the work for her.  If Malak hadn't intervened, Revan more than likely would have killed Bastilla and the party of Jedi sent against him.

Didn't anybody see the hologram of Bastila on Korriban?? I f you had you would realize that she fell to the Dark Side, went with Revan to Korriban after Malak's defeat, waited there at Revan's request when Revan went into the unknown regions, and then eventually got tired of waiting and went after her/him.

Some of you are seeing plot holes because you haven't really finished the game, haven't chased down all the leads, haven't done enough investigation, having talked enough with NPCs, etc. The game is huge with dozens of subplots and mysteries to be unravelled, but if they don't unravel themselves for you, don't assume it'a a plot hole. Do your job as an rpger or else stick to Battlefronts.

Agree :)

While I could care less about the EU or official rules for Star Wars (I only care about if I enjoy a game and have fun).

I got to admit I wondered why I even saw Bastila (as light side Bastila) in my games when I was suppose to be the last jedi.

I could understand the Jedi on Nar Shadaar and Onderon not being noticed (as they were basically cowards), and fully agree Vrook is a Sith Lord so makes sence hes not hunted, but Bastila and her battle meditation was a decideing figure in the Jedi Wars. She should have been hunted for sure!

Like I said, im not a big stickler on the continuity of the Star Wars lore (heheh much better things to do in my life then worry about if something in a game fits in perfectly with the EU or CORE Rules) but this one was obvious to even me.

heheh can yas say designer OPPS! Ahhh well, not a big deal and hardly a game breaker in any form :)

Didn't anybody see the hologram of Bastila on Korriban?? I f you had you would realize that she fell to the Dark Side, went with Revan to Korriban after Malak's defeat, waited there at Revan's request when Revan went into the unknown regions, and then eventually got tired of waiting and went after her/him.

heh Jor, there was one game I ran through where she appeared beside Carth (after Carth spoke to me about Revan after the Ravenger and protecting the Republic) where she was obviously light side and not a holocron. Im assuming thats where others saw her as well.

If you take Revan as a male darkside then you see the holocron in Korriban with Bastila.