Prestige Classes???

OK Long time no see, G's. I've beaten the game once or whatever, ( cept for the VERY VERY end ) and ermmm, not once did I get to distinguish what prestige class I wanted to take??? We've all been waiting a long time for this game and to choose one of the six classes. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong or why I didnt get to choose my class? I have force crush but I believe that is because i maxxed out my DS bar. PLZ N THNX... reply soon... if there is spoilers in your answer or something just cover it up or somethin

OK Long time no see, G's. I've beaten the game once or whatever, ( cept for the VERY VERY end ) and ermmm, not once did I get to distinguish what prestige class I wanted to take??? We've all been waiting a long time for this game and to choose one of the six classes. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong or why I didnt get to choose my class? I have force crush but I believe that is because i maxxed out my DS bar. PLZ  N THNX... reply soon... if there is spoilers in your answer or something just cover it up or somethin

First off, you need to have a clear and definitive alignment, i.e. purish light/purish dark. No fence sitting neutrality stuff here.

Secondly, you have to be at least level 15 and have Visas recruited into your party.

If you have all these things, then speak with Kreia. :(

manthing2.jpg

First off, you need to have a clear and definitive alignment, i.e. purish light/purish dark.  The fence sitting neutrality stuff here.

Secondly, you have to be at least level 15 and have Visas recruited into your party. 

If you have all these things, then speak to Kreia.  :(

But before that you have to delete your other topic :p

First off, you need to have a clear and definitive alignment, i.e. purish light/purish dark.  The fence sitting neutrality stuff here.

If you have all these things, then speak to Kreia.  :(

But before that you have to delete your other topic :p

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

OK Long time no see, G's. I've beaten the game once or whatever, ( cept for the VERY VERY end ) and ermmm, not once did I get to distinguish what prestige class I wanted to take??? We've all been waiting a long time for this game and to choose one of the six classes. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong or why I didnt get to choose my class? I have force crush but I believe that is because i maxxed out my DS bar. PLZ  N THNX... reply soon... if there is spoilers in your answer or something just cover it up or somethin

O ffs this is ridiculous...

You get Force Crush as a DS Sith Lord prestige class special only...

Did you by any chance skip a few convo's? <_<

There was a glitch and it double posted. Errrmmm thnx for two people posting the same thing above ^^ I JUST didn't get it the first time. :devil::lol:

and thnx for the tip about the prestige class, i met all the criteria cept for the last one :p too far in the game to get a prestige class now... time to start a second game!! HHHHHUuuuuuuu WWWAAaaaaaaaaa

Hint hint wink wink?

I played a Marauder and got Force Crush so I don't know wtf you're talking about.

I played a Marauder and got Force Crush so I don't know wtf you're talking about.

You get Crush for all Sith classes.

You get Crush for all Sith classes.

suh-WEET :p

"First off, you need to have a clear and definitive alignment, i.e. purish light/purish dark. No fence sitting neutrality stuff here.

If you have all these things, then speak with Kreia."

"Hades Mode": That's just lame. What a lame way to do prestige classes. "Hades Mode"

Seriosuly, that is not good. Not good at all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Force Enlightenment is the three main buffing powers from KOTOR (Aura, Valor and Speed) all rolled into one power that you can cast for something like 35 FP.

Here's the catch:

It casts only the powers that you already have paid into - for instance, if you have master speed but nothing from the Aura or Valour trees, you're better off just casting master speed, because it costs less.

So, it's a useful power if you have paid into it in advance, so to speak. I used it a lot during the endgame to instantly give me my master valor and master speed. I'm glad it works the way it does, because I'd be pretty ticked off if I got powers for free with force enlightenment that I chose earlier in the game.

....Of course, it would be a lot more useful if the defense bonuses from speed and aura actually WERE ADDED TO YOUR DEFENSE.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

....Of course, it would be a lot more useful if the defense bonuses from speed and aura actually WERE ADDED TO YOUR DEFENSE.

That crap kinda pissed me off too. Really no point in investing in the 'force aura' tree as the 'force valor' is equally sufficient. I'm still debating on whether or not to pick up the 'burst of speed' tree for its extra attacks. But there's plenty of stuff you can get or create (I really love the workbench) that will give you some defense bonuses so it equals out.

What is the significance of having Visas in your party? I don't think she was in my party when I got a prestige class.

"First off, you need to have a clear and definitive alignment, i.e. purish light/purish dark. No fence sitting neutrality stuff here.

If you have all these things, then speak with Kreia."

"Hades Mode": That's just lame. What a lame way to do prestige classes.  "Hades Mode"

Seriosuly, that is not good. Not good at all.

It's given an in-game reason why. It's entirely consistent with the story, and IMO was handled very well.

"It's given an in-game reason why. It's entirely consistent with the story, and IMO was handled very well."

Anything can be explained by a story; that doesn't mean it's the right way to handle it. Seems to me they put way tooo much influence on these characters. Joinable npcs - espicially if it's only 1, or 2 should not be a determining factor on whether one can progress into all 6 PrC. 1, or 2 maybe; but all 6? I think not. Same with the silly alignment or sorry light/dark side thing.. You cna't be a "neutral" Force user to get a PrC? What a yoke.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well it makes perfect sense to me. The prestige classes are for jedi who have proved themselves to be worthy by either being devoted to the light side or the dark side, if they are neutral they haven't so no prestige class. Simple right? To give and example, think of the Pope if they need to elect a new Pope they need someone who is catholic and have worked hard for their cause. They won

Actually it does not.

In Star Wars d20 the only way to advance on a Jedi class is being part of the Jedi Order, if for some reason they are not they can forget about progressing on a Jedi Class, they can however continue advancing on the Force Adept class.

Same goes with the Sith prestigue classes, they need to be a Sith to be able to progress in such classes

True that are ways around it, finding a Sith Holocrom might allow someone to start in a Sith prestigue class the same way being trained by a Jedi Master allowing someone to take Jedi class levels or even Prestigue classes without having to set foot in a Jedi Temple ot see a Council member.

Volourn is much right on this, forcing to having a certain party menber to learn such classes is absurd, as a matter of fact its VERY ODD the only diference of what classes that can be taken happen to be the aligment on the Force with the NPC requirement being exactly the same.

As for having "grey" classes ... there are many prestigue classes that have dark side requirements only and one of the classes avaible in Star Wars d20 happens to be Force Adept that have no requirements except the Force Sensitivity feat.

drakron.png

Don't think this is a spoiler, but it isn't having the NPC in your party that enables you to get a PrC, but the events that cause said NPC to appear.

Much of this has to do with the Exile and his/her unique way of using the Force. Don't want to spoil the game too much, but the Exile does not use the Force like any other Jedi in all of the SWU or EU.