My Theory on Darth Nihilus Identity

Darth Nihilus is The Exile

I state this idea in the fact of when The Exile fights in the Mandalorian Wars he/she starts to turn to the darkside with each battle, not really realizing it at the time and then by the final showdown at Malachor V the dark side energy , has a significant pull on his/her emotions and tries to pull him/her to Dark side as a channel for it's energy. When the war ends The Exile rejects the force and the Darkside Energy from his/her body, causing the Wound in the Force. This could concievably cause a Force Specter, that would draw energy from the other beings to sustain its form and tangibility within the universe. This would have created the being now known as Darth Nihilus, Darth Traya could have found the specter wandering the outlying region of Malachor and would have taken it in as a pupil to teach it everything about the dark side of the force. She would have also taught the spector to feed of of other beings and to use the force to give it a shape. Then donning the black robes and the white mask it could travel unhindered.

When the Exile boards the Ravager he/she slays all of the crew on board, taking away a source of power from Darth Nihilus, and then when Darth Nihilus tries to Drain the Exile and encounters the wound in the force that the Exile has become he is powerless against it. The Exile is "using borrowed powers" from the others that he has gathered. Therefore the Exile isn't really using the force so much as siphoning it from the other party members, like Darth Nihilus does, then when Darth Nihilus "dies" you ask Visas to bring you the mask, opening you to the force again as the "body" of Darth Nihilus vaporizes. Visas tells the exile that she saw a graveyard when she looked upon Darth Nihilus. That would also explain why the Exile and Kreia have the bond, due to the fact that Darth Nihilus is another part of you.

This is only a Theory and I would love to hear other peoples comments on the subject and possibly other peoples theories.

• Like 1

The Exile is not Nihilus. They're both the same, they were both at above Malachor and they both use the technique that allows them to feed on others, but that is all.

I doubt they are the same person, like twins. Nihilus is obviously a man, and you can be a woman.

The Exile is not Nihilus. They're both the same, they were both at above Malachor and they both use the technique that allows them to feed on others, but that is all.

I doubt they are the same person, like twins. Nihilus is obviously a man, and you can be a woman.

He was saying Nihilis is a direct manifestation of the Exiles wound in the force.

Read it again and make sure you understand fully before posting.

If anything, i think Nihilus is Revan (just a personal opinion) but yeah, your theory is pretty cool.

Revan as Nihilis... well apparently Revan is still at unknown whereabouts at the end... and of course you kill Nihilis so i personally doubt it.

She will say one of two things when she comes back and gives you Nihilus Mask, I have played through 4 times and 3 of the 4 times she said that she saw a graveyard, and the other time she said just a man.

I am not sure how you actually get either answer from her, but I have played through LS, DS, DS, LS so far and the first second and fourth times I played she said she saw a graveyard.

• 1 month later...

I personally like the idea that Nihilus is a part of the Exile - as you go through the game there are several places where either Kreia, Visas or the Lost Jedi Masters describe exactly who and what you are and also describe what exactly Nihilus is, and as most people know you are exactly the same kind of being - a wound in the force, albeit the two of them seem to take on a different aspect of that. Where Nihilus sucks the force into himself, The Exile's power makes him a leader and gives him the ability to compel and coerce through the force.

There is also the fact that Nihilus and the Exile became what they are at exactly the same time in exactly the same place and as a result of the exact same event. It makes sense to me that The Exile went to Malachor V and did what he did - the implications of that massacre in the force was that The Exile cut himself off from the force to avoid dying as a result of being connected to all those lives, but what it seems to me that he could have been cut off due to his nature being split somehow. Perhaps the "wound" in the force refers to the Exile being split in two, creating two beings that are kind of opposite but the same and would naturally seek each other out.

The Exile cut himself off from the force sure enough, but in doing so he had to redirect all of that darkness and hunger into something else - thus Nihilus is created. This would explain a lot of things about Nihilus himself and why he/she (honestly in that outfit he could be either) appears to be so inhuman - because everything he is revolves around his hunger.. in a sense that is all that he is. When Nihilus tries to feed on the Exile he basically kills himself because it is like feeding on himself. The Exile is able to easily defeat Nihilus because he is the whole person, while Nihilus is only a piece of the whole - a piece that the Exile has replaced by reconnecting himself to the force.

This would also explain why Visas is able to sense The Exile and latches onto him - she has a bond with Nihilus and thus she also has a bond to The Exile. It could also explain The Exile's bond to Kreia - she was Nihilus' master and was probably bonded to him, which also bonder her to The Exile. Then you also have what someone else said about Visas, how she never really tells you what Nihilus looks like - she saw the Exile's face and decided that she didn't want him to know.

Anyway that is my thought on it.

After completing the game I think that the Jedi and Kreai were wrong about the exile.

Maybe what Visas told affected my opinion.

yes it was true that the exile was unable to reach the Force due to the deaths on Malachor, but when the need rose it was just the will of the Force for the exile to regain his abilities.

In a sense I guess he realized he could no longer stay and think about the past, he was needed in the events to come.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really do not know.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

The current issues of Jedi Tales are rumored to be featuring Darth Nihilus. He's featured on the cover of an upcoming issue.

The debate has been whether he shows up in the KOTOR-Prequel tale fo the three young jedi during the hunt as soemthign they bump into on Korriban...

or more likely if the story about Darca Nyls a jedi who is falling to the darkside is the origin of Darth Nihilus (The issue featuring Nihilus on the cover is the oen that wraps up Darca Nyls's tale)

So to make a long story short, if you really want to now, then go to darkhorse comics website and order the Darth Nihilus issues that are currently on sale.

Anyone who has played Black Isle's older, beautiful game, Planescape: Torment, might remember the revelation that the main enemy, a powerful nameless spectral entity simply referred to as The Transcendent One, was one half of the main character who had accidentally been split in two by foul magics.

KOTOR 2 emulates PS:T in so many subtle ways that it leads me to believe that in all likelihood, the Exile and Nihilus were supposed to echo that story.

Anyone who has played Black Isle's older, beautiful game, Planescape: Torment, might remember the revelation that the main enemy, a powerful nameless spectral entity simply referred to as The Transcendent One, was one half of the main character who had accidentally been split in two by foul magics.

KOTOR 2 emulates PS:T in so many subtle ways that it leads me to believe that in all likelihood, the Exile and Nihilus were supposed to echo that story.

Another thing that kind of goes along with that theory is that first cutscene with Visas and Nihilus. It wasn't just a random coincidence that she happened upon sensing The Exile - the conversation with Nihilus suggests that he had ordered her to find him - he was seeking out the Exile, for what reason? The Hunger aspect doesn't really fit the criteria as a reason because Nihilus didn't seem to gain much strength just from feeding on one lone Jedi - he went after entire planets to satisfy his hunger. The impression I got was the Nihilus was somehow accutely aware of Exile's existance (which is never really explained) and had used Visas to find him. Visas also says that her master sent her to find Exile - why? If Nihilus simply wanted another Jedi to feed on, why send Visas? I'm not claiming to have the answer to why he sent Visas to begin with, but it seems to me that Nihilus was drawn inexorably to the Exile somehow.

It is in my belief that Darth Nihilius was in fact a "True Sith." And the two quite simple reasons for that are;

To begin with his voice is the same as the voices in Atris Sith Holocrons. Yes, I assume these are recording of ancient Sith teachings by the True Sith. A mere coincidence, or something more?

And he was also described as being a "wound in the force." The True Sith, are in fact wounds in the force, much like the Exile. Perhaps this is also just a coincidence. After all, the Exile was obviously a human and yet was a wound in the force.

Now, I personally am not really well wandered in the Star Wars universe, so forgive me if I am dreadfully wrong. However, from what I do actually do know, this is what I believe to be the most likely answer to what Darth Nihilius really is.

A True Sith. A True Sith Lord.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

• 4 weeks later...
She will say one of two things when she comes back and gives you Nihilus Mask, I have played through 4 times and 3 of the 4 times she said that she saw a graveyard, and the other time she said just a man.

I am not sure how you actually get either answer from her, but I have played through LS, DS, DS, LS so far and the first second and fourth times I played she said she saw a graveyard.

What Visas says she saw probably depends on what dialog options you select after you kill Nihilis. I've heard Visas say both "graveyard" and "man" but I don't recall whether my character was man or female. If your gender determines what she says then that might be a dead give away.

She sees a graveyard world if you ask for the Mask. Otherwise, he's 'just a man'... Perhaps his mask is a symbol of his long-gone humanity...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Darth Nihilus is The Exile

I state this idea in the fact of when The Exile fights in the Mandalorian Wars he/she starts to turn to the darkside with each battle, not really realizing it at the time and then by the final showdown at Malachor V the dark side energy , has a significant pull on his/her emotions and tries to pull him/her to Dark side as a channel for it's energy.  When the war ends The Exile rejects the force and the Darkside Energy from his/her body, causing the Wound in the Force.  This could concievably cause a Force Specter, that would draw energy from the other beings to sustain its form and tangibility within the universe.  This would have created the being now known as Darth Nihilus, Darth Traya could have found the specter wandering the outlying region of Malachor and would have taken it in as a pupil to teach it everything about the dark side of the force.  She would have also taught the spector to feed of of other beings and to use the force to give it a shape.  Then donning the black robes and the white mask it could travel unhindered. 

When the Exile boards the Ravager he/she slays all of the crew on board, taking away a source of power from Darth Nihilus, and then when Darth Nihilus tries to Drain the Exile and encounters the wound in the force that the Exile has become he is powerless against it.  The Exile is "using borrowed powers" from the others that he has gathered.  Therefore the Exile isn't really using the force so much as siphoning it from the other party members, like Darth Nihilus does, then when Darth Nihilus "dies" you ask Visas to bring you the mask, opening you to the force again as the "body" of Darth Nihilus vaporizes.  Visas tells the exile that she saw a graveyard when she looked upon Darth Nihilus.  That would also explain why the Exile and Kreia have the bond, due to the fact that Darth Nihilus is another part of you.

This is only a Theory and I would love to hear other peoples comments on the subject and possibly other peoples theories.

Nihilus is dead. "Nihilus was a beast that revived himself on Malachor V." Perhaps he was a Jedi or Dark Jedi that found a way to feed on peoples' connection with the Force, sucking both Life and the Force out of them. This is because he has to fill in BOTH gaps, whereas the Exile only fills in one. This would also make it necessary for him to do it, or suffer and die.

I say that he feeds on whatever connection the Force has with Life because he tries to do it to the Exile, but can't. Visas also elaborates on this.

The Exile cut himself off right after the Malachor Tragedy. He bonded with most of his army, and felt all of them die, like when Kreia had her hand cut off. BUT, this was death, and thousands of times over. Like a NORMAL man, he disposed of what was hurting him: His connection to the Force. However, he did it differently. When the Jedi cut people off from the Force, they build a PERMANENT wall of light around them. The Exile RIPPED himself clear of it, and created a vacuum, like when you pull a plug out of a bathtub.

These are my ideas, and they are supported throughout the game... I may have missed a few details, so feel free to point out any inconsistencies and I'll try to fix them with more in game proof.

:ph34r: :lol: :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

It is in my  belief that Darth Nihilius was in fact a "True Sith." And the two quite simple reasons for that are;

To begin with his voice is the same as the voices in Atris Sith Holocrons. Yes, I assume these are recording of ancient Sith teachings by the True Sith. A mere coincidence, or something more?

And he was also described as being a "wound in the force." The True Sith, are in fact wounds in the force, much like the Exile. Perhaps this is also just a coincidence. After all, the Exile was obviously a human and yet was a wound in the force.

Now, I personally am not really well wandered in the Star Wars universe, so forgive me if I am dreadfully wrong. However, from what I do actually do know, this is what I believe to be the most likely answer to what Darth Nihilius really is.

A True Sith. A True Sith Lord.

Nihilus could have been a Sith, or still is... I think that what we may see in Kotor III will be an army of Nihilus like entities, only ARMIES of them...

Notice the Atris Holocrons keep referring to Jedi... Just pointing this out...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Nihilis is a foil to the exile, not the exile. All the relationships between nihilis and exile are strictly metaphorical. Think of it like in the movie High Plains Drifter. Eastwood's character is the brother of a character at the beginning. The movie suggests at times that he's actually a ghost. But he's not. It's all for metaphoric purposes.

Most likely Nihilis is just some guy who the writers have used to represent the exile's loss of power.

As far as Revan/Nihilis is concerned, the connection is asanine. Revan's character model looks to be about a foot shorter than nihilis's and nihilis appears to be on roids, which revan doesn't.