Armor & Headgear

Is it just me or were the rest of you as unimpressed as I was with the way Obsidian re-used armor and headgear from K1 in K2? Even Obsidian's new armor and masks were just old skins from K1 slapped with new names and stats. I will give it up for the new Jedi robes even though they looked stale instead of free flowing and yet again you couldn't raise the robes hood. However I must admit it was better than nothing. After playing the game I feel compelled to ask the question; would it have been that hard for the devs to bust out some new skins for the masks & armor in K2 instead of giving us this recycled garbage?

Cheers!

One man's "recycled garbage" is another man's "continuity," I guess.

It's only four or five years later; a lot of that stuff would still be in use and in production.

Wow within a five year span here on earth there are plenty of new things that get created. The items could be made by the same company and look similar I would have no problem with that but using the same items from the previous game and slapping a new name on them is just plain being lazy.

Look at the Sith mask aka the hunters mask for starters. Instead of designing a new mask they just use the old mask from K1. Good thing the Sith wrote their names on the back of their masks in those days otherwise they would be confused as all hell. =]

Cheers!

It's only four or five years later; a lot of that stuff would still be in use and in production.

Wow within a five year span here on earth there are plenty of new things that get created. The items could be made by the same company and look similar I would have no problem with that but using the same items from the previous game and slapping a new name on them is just plain being lazy.

Look at the Sith mask aka the hunters mask for starters. Instead of designing a new mask they just use the old mask from K1. Good thing the Sith wrote their names on the back of their masks in those days otherwise they would be confused as all hell. :devil:

Cheers!

Yer right about consumer goods, but military hardware doesn't change with the seasons. You see some new stuff and you see lots and lots of stuff that has been around for decades. Some countries were still using WWII Soviet tanks in the 80s and probably more recently. AK-47s, Kalishnikovs, these've been around for decades.

I'm not saying "Don't bemoan Obsidian's failure to needlessly fully replace all the gear from KOTOR 1" if that's how you feel, just don't expect your argument that it's somehow ridiculous to hold much water. You just wanted something different and you're disappointed.

Look at the Sith mask aka the hunters mask for starters. Instead of designing a new mask they just use the old mask from K1. Good thing the Sith wrote their names on the back of their masks in those days otherwise they would be confused as all hell. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Yer right about consumer goods, but military hardware doesn't change with the seasons. You see some new stuff and you see lots and lots of stuff that has been around for decades. Some countries were still using WWII Soviet tanks in the 80s and probably more recently. AK-47s, Kalishnikovs, these've been around for decades.

I'm not saying "Don't bemoan Obsidian's failure to needlessly fully replace all the gear from KOTOR 1" if that's how you feel, just don't expect your argument that it's somehow ridiculous to hold much water. You just wanted something different and you're disappointed.

I hate when people get all technical and ****. Bottom line, the Obsidian Devs were lazy bastards and made up some ****ty excuse to hide the fact that they reused practically every armor piece graphic from the first KotOR. Why the **** are you mentioning WWII and Russian weapons? This is a KotOR 2 forum what the **** do we care. I see the comparison you're trying to make, but in this case it's just dumb. ****head.

I hate when people get all technical and ****. Bottom line, the Obsidian Devs were lazy bastards and made up some ****ty excuse to hide the fact that they reused practically every armor piece graphic from the first KotOR. Why the **** are you mentioning WWII and Russian weapons? This is a KotOR 2 forum what the **** do we care. I see the comparison you're trying to make, but in this case it's just dumb. ****head.

Well, I hate when people get all nasty and ****. Bottom line, the Obsidian Devs made a really good game that isn't perfect and didn't perfectly meet everyone's expectations.

Listen: ****eater, You started the comparisons between the availability of goods on Earth today and KOTOR2 in a galaxy far, far away, so I mentioned that military hardware stays in production for decades. Since you admit even you understand the comparison, I just gotta assume from the rest of your tone you're just upset cuz I proved your comparison was, like its author, utterly stupid.

Exactly, bottomline is Obsidian just used the armor and headgear from K1 plain and simple. Fan boys will make excuses for anything as long as it serves to further blind them from the glaring truths they are not ready to accept.

Since you admit even you understand the comparison, I just gotta assume from the rest of your tone you're just upset cuz I proved your comparison was, like its author, utterly stupid.

Yes utterly stupid, just like debating modern military weapon cycles and how they co inside with K2. Even though Fan boys will make excuse after excuse Obsidian should know an excuse becomes an obstacle in your journey to success when it is made in place of your best effort.

Cheers!

Well, I hate when people get all nasty and ****. Bottom line, the Obsidian Devs made a really good game that isn't perfect and didn't perfectly meet everyone's expectations.

Listen: ****eater, You started the comparisons between the availability of goods on Earth today and KOTOR2 in a galaxy far, far away, so I mentioned that military hardware stays in production for decades. Since you admit even you understand the comparison, I just gotta assume from the rest of your tone you're just upset cuz I proved your comparison was, like its author, utterly stupid.

(w00t)

ps: you're all dummies

Masks are ugly, show your face.

The robes are a very good improvement, but I found it to be ridiculous that you can't even raise your hood up. Honestly, don't tell me it'll affect the framerate, you must be severely retarded to believe that excuse.

The recycled item models really are terrible.

Masks are ugly, show your face.

The robes are a very good improvement, but I found it to be ridiculous that you can't even raise your hood up. Honestly, don't tell me it'll affect the framerate, you must be severely retarded to believe that excuse.

The recycled item models really are terrible.

I agree on the aesthetics of the masks. They're obviously not meant to be pretty. Mostly I'll only have a character don one if it's absolutely necesssary. But you can give masks to Mandalore, Kreia and, I'm pretty sure, Miras and the mask won't be visible (with Mandalore you figure it must be under his helmet. With the other two I figure there must be some difficulty displaying headgear on figures with hoods).

Yeah, and I almost bought the game until I found out you couldn't raise your hood. :thumbsup:

Jesus christ, does it really matter? 

God forbid you play the game to actually enjoy the storyline, gameplay and quests.....

the armor and robes looked cool anyways so stop complaining.

I'm not complaining about the armour and masks at all....I like them. I was trying to say that the thing that matters is actual content, not the aesthetic qualities of a few models/textures in the game.