Why can't the Darth Nihilus mask be equipped?

This was disappointing. When I played the game on Lightside and defeated Nihilus I noticed that there was an option to tell Visas to bring you his mask after she looks at his face. I didn't do it at that time as I was playing PURE light side and didn't want to risk a single Darkside point.

However, I noted it and was looking forward to that moment when playing Darkside.

I finished my Darkside game last night (as a Sith Lord at Level 43) and was thoroughly disappointed to find out that while you do receive the Nihilus mask (along with Darkside and XP) you cannot equip or wear it. Hell, it doesn't even show up in your Inventory. What's up with that? It would be so cool to be able to wear that mask throughout the rest of the game (so long as you have enough DS points).

Oh well. :thumbsup:

I can't believe they didn't at least think about it since asking Visas to bring the mask to you is an option. Hell, the screen even indicates that you have received it as an Item... but like I said it doesn't even show up in the Inventory. What was the point? Was it something they planned to do but simply did not have the time to finish?

Because Obsidian didn't think about making your guy look like a man with whom you do not mess.  A Darth Nihilius mask, or incidentally, the Mandalorian assault armor from KOTOR would indee be awesome.

uhh you could wear teh mandalorian assault armor from kotor!

Yay 600

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

yes but the helmet only came with the Mandalorian Armor on the unkown world, you know the group of mandalorians that ambush you beside the temple.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yes, it is in your inventory...but you have to cycle through the item options...it's under "quest items" or "misc".

And yes, it would be pretty nice to wear Nihilus' mask....I mean, I heard you could wear Revan's mask afterall....but the devs knew what they were doing apparently.

:thumbsup:

Whoa. I did not even see that in the Inventory. Thanks for telling me where to look.

Still a bummer that you can't wear it, though.  >_<

Don't be sad you can always wear the Revan mask form K1 that just has a different name slaped onto it. Kids look! Awww! So thats what a force mask looks like. That doesn't look at all like the mask from the unknown world, thanks Obsidian! :)

P.S. Also give the old Sith mask from K1 a try. Obsidian has cleverly reinvented the mask by giving it a silly name and attaching some new stats. That's what Obsidian likes to call creative progress! Don't wait another second to try this at home kids! Take any existing item, don't bother changing the skin because that would just be silly, then add a new name, some new stats, and you are well on your way to producing a mediocre product done the Obsidian way. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Level 43??? How exactly did you get a level that high? There is a finite amount of XP in the game, unless you used some glitch or something, and that shouldn't be possible.

And I'm willing to bet even though you can't equip it, the mask was originally supposed to have a purpose in the non-existent ending of the game. I guess they were just "too pressed for time". <_<

Level 43??? How exactly did you get a level that high? There is a finite amount of XP in the game, unless you used some glitch or something, and that shouldn't be possible.

There's an exp glitch that allows you to continually respawn hiss's in the secret tomb on Korriban. You can get to lvl 50 rather quickly doing this if you're dark side.