questions from a small island

im a uk gamer, which obviously means the kotor release date is fast approaching for me, nd i was just wondering if ne of you other guys are feeling same as me:

i was ded excited end of november, yay tsl is coming out, even if i wont be able to get it, but now that its my turn to get it im pretty much indifferent, wether this is cos of bad press or sumthin else i dont know. im j/w if u guys are still as hot for it.....

Well it is only natural.

Since some others have already played the game and stated their opinions about it, it is normal that you are affected by them and loose the excitement...

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

even if it had been hyped as the best thing since sliced bread i think i wud hav lost interest, i just think that a single release date is the sensible option i guess thts wot im gettin at

Agreed....

Having some lil' mofos palyed tha game before you surely has an effect on you.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

best advice i can give: if youve been anticipating it this long, then spend the money on it when it comes out. worst case scenario? youre disappointed and you waste $50. so unless youre hard up for money, i dont think taking a chance on a game youve been looking forward to for a year is going to be a big gamble.

Well, as it's a sequel, I haven't expected it and still don't expect it to be as good as KotOR 1; that's the curse of all sequels, they're almost never on par. However, I didn't think KotOR 1 had that much replay value, which seems to be a bit different with TSL thankfully, but hey, what do i know?

rent it first

it's not worth $50

To pay $50 for a console game this buggy is daylight robbery. <_<

depends on if he gets the buggy version. i had no bugs to speak of (other than the removed quests) so the rest is just a matter of opinion about story and whatnot. and if hes been looking forward to it this long, why not.

Well, as it's a sequel, I haven't expected it and still don't expect it to be as good as KotOR 1; that's the curse of all sequels, they're almost never on par.  However, I didn't think KotOR 1 had that much replay value, which seems to be a bit different with TSL thankfully, but hey, what do i know?

I played the first one twice, and am on my second play with KOTOR2 -- but I feel like I could replay this even more than that.

rent it first

it's not worth $50

To pay $50 for a console game this buggy is daylight robbery. <_<

depends on if he gets the buggy version. i had no bugs to speak of (other than the removed quests) so the rest is just a matter of opinion about story and whatnot. and if hes been looking forward to it this long, why not.

Out of curiosity NeverwinterKnight, are you also aware of the game mechanics errors/blunders/bugs/bastardization which infests this game? :)

Bugged Feats & Force Powers plague this game....and unless you check the combat feedback calculations, you may not even notice. Even the earnest fan should not knowingly waste money on a defective product.

Waiting for a couple PC patches seems to be the way to go, unfortunately. <_<

manthing2.jpg

Out of curiosity NeverwinterKnight, are you also aware of the game mechanics errors/blunders/bugs/bastardization which infests this game?  :thumbsup:

its not much difference than in kotor1. yet everyone seems to overlook that aspect.

Bugged Feats & Force Powers plague this game....and unless you check the combat feedback calculations, you may not even notice.  Even the earnest fan should not knowingly waste money on a defective product. 

Waiting for a couple PC patches seems to be the way to go, unfortunately.  <_<

this guy, im assuming, is talking about the pc and international xbox release, which are said to be worked on to fix many issues plaguing this one, so any advice about how bad the us xbox version is not valid for his inquiry.

Out of curiosity NeverwinterKnight, are you also aware of the game mechanics errors/blunders/bugs/bastardization which infests this game?  :thumbsup:

its not much difference than in kotor1. yet everyone seems to overlook that aspect.

Bugged Feats & Force Powers plague this game....and unless you check the combat feedback calculations, you may not even notice.  Even the earnest fan should not knowingly waste money on a defective product. 

Waiting for a couple PC patches seems to be the way to go, unfortunately.  <_<

this guy, im assuming, is talking about the pc and international xbox release, which are said to be worked on to fix many issues plaguing this one, so any advice about how bad the us xbox version is not valid for his inquiry.

You seem to be assuming all the these bugs that have plagued to US XBOX version will magically dissapear. The devs may have said so, but so far they've failed to deliver. I mean, is anyone even working on K2 atm? Akari sure as hell ain't. If anything console ports to the PC are even more buggy due to conflicting hardware configurations. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

You seem to be assuming all the these bugs that have plagued to US XBOX version will magically dissapear.  The devs may have said so, but so far they've failed to deliver.  I mean, is anyone even working on K2 atm?  Akari sure as hell ain't.  If anything console ports to the PC are even more buggy due to conflicting hardware configurations.  :thumbsup:

you seem to be doing exactly what im doing. assuming. except you assume these issues wont be fixed.

and like i said, some people havent had problems so if youve been looking forward to this game for a year, that should be enough to atleast take a chance on it.

You seem to be assuming all the these bugs that have plagued to US XBOX version will magically dissapear.  The devs may have said so, but so far they've failed to deliver.  I mean, is anyone even working on K2 atm?  Akari sure as hell ain't.  If anything console ports to the PC are even more buggy due to conflicting hardware configurations.  :thumbsup:

you seem to be doing exactly what im doing. assuming. except you assume these issues wont be fixed.

and like i said, some people havent had problems so if youve been looking forward to this game for a year, that should be enough to atleast take a chance on it.

Interestingly, our preconceived assumptions are a strength, not a vice. After all, pragmatism is the perfect counterbalance to blind faith. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

you seem to be doing exactly what im doing.  assuming.  except you assume these issues wont be fixed.

There's no way they're not having any problems. They're just not telling people some of the feats & force powers aren't working. It's called being a fanboy and trying to get everyone to buy the game you love, while not telling them what's really wrong. If they don't know, that's one thing, but to straight up deny after being told how to find them, that's just wrong. On top of that, you have several glitches that have happened across the board on many different Xbox, such as the crash on Dantoonie, and random cutscenes failing to load.

Then you have the slew of people reporting unique problems, like Bao-Dur losing all functionality, even his AI scripts, I even read someone had the game suddenly jump to the ending sequence

second Dantoonie visit

without playing the core of the game.

Then you just plain have the bad design decisions made, such as the horribly implemented random item generater. The broken dialogs. The rushed/incomplete ending (which nearly everyone complains about). Plus, the shoddy influence system, that doesn't allow you to influence like it could have.

I don't think anyone should "take a chance" on it, with $50. Rent the piece of crap first.

To the original poster...

I would wait to see if they correct some of the bugs and errors (the technical parts) to this game when it's released in the EU. Unfortunately, I don't see how they are going to fix all the plotholes and whatnot (storyline problems).

Personally, I like KOTOR and I expected the KOTOR series to be a trilogy. The "first" trilogy (ANH, ESB, ROtJ), the "second" trilogy (TPM, AOTC, ROtS)...not to mention all the Expanded Universe books. LucasArts loves its trilogies.

Nevertheless, many posters bring up the good point that there should have been at least a little more closure in this game....or at least fix more of the sidequests.

My suggestion would be to rent this game if that option is available to you, if not....borrow it from someone else who bought the game.

......or wait for the release of a "Directors Cut". :thumbsup:"