Dragon Age?

8-bit

I'm going to buy both... but I think that the DA plot will be slightly different:

you know nothing of your past... a cleric stepfather raised you as if you were his real son, but in the very beginning of the game he dies... so you decide to go outside your village with a caravan, but an avalanche get you caught in the middle of nowhere, and all of your caravan companion die... suddenly a man dressed in blue give you a quest: the people who live in his cave are short on water, so you have to fetch a water ch - ahem, a big amount of water... you find on your road an attractive young and talented woman who joins you in your quest... you get caught by an elven mage who has seen your incredible potential... you escape and return to the cave, but nobody is here anymore, everybody got killed or kidnapped by a military organization... rumors are that they are descendant of an ancient lizard race... you discover you are a former bad guy, but now you have the chance to redeem yourself... your female companion betrays you --- and there's a massive final showdown where you have to fight a bald guy with a lightsaber, two halfdemon twins, a medusa sorceress, a big woman with a trident who claims to be the former lover of a dead god, a devil who escaped from the frozen lands where he has been bound and a trascendent one. That's cool, isn't it? :wub:

Well, I don't know how the plot for DA will be, but it will make more use of the "prologues" for the story. Bioware has stated that, depending on what kind of background you pick for your character, the first chapter will be significantly different (different plot points, NPCs, and encounters, not just NPC reactions), and there will be differences throughout the rest of the game to reflect your background. This, to me, is a really neat concept, and should increase replayability. Heck, if even just the first chapter is different, then that's a selling point to me.

I'm going to buy both... but I think that the DA plot will be slightly different:

you know nothing of your past... *a very large SNIP* That's cool, isn't it? :huh:

Oh, come on. They might invent something orginal this time. Mebbeth... :)

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Sounds a lot like Troika's multiple beginnings for ToEE. I am not impressed and Bioware sounds like they are just trying to hype up the game. Hype equals lies."

I guess the "new you' is gone now? :huh:"

"Ever since baldurs gate 2 came out, i have never bought into biowares hype."

That explains why you bought NWN and its two expansions and still seem to play it.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.