Baldur's Gate vs. Fallout

I'll say Baldur's Gate, because I loved it (still do, though haven't played it for a while -- perhaps should fish it out again...)

I shouldn't really be saying anything in this thread though because I've never played Fallout :-" Not very attracted to the setting and unconvinced by the rabid fanboys' ravings :o :D so never gotten around to it...

Especially liked all the areas of wilderness to explore in BG1. Perhaps partly because so few CRPGs give you freedom and the unknown in that sort of way (apart from BG1, only the Elder Scrolls series I think)...

I love both.

However, FO2 killed FO for me unlike BG which I still play once in a while despite liking BG2 better. That being said Fallout's humor and setting is way better than BG's.

Torment is better than both though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fallout forever...

Maybe you'll think of me when you are all alone

Maybe the one who is waiting for you

Will prove untrue, then what will you do?

Maybe you'll sit and sigh, wishing that I were near

Then maybe you'll ask me to come back again

And maybe I'll say "Maybe"

When I bought my first computer, I told my wife I needed it for work and to manage our finances. This was a shameful and bold face lie. I bought my first computer simply and solely to play Baldur's Gate.

Later I played Fallout but it, and no other game since, has brought back the fun I had playing Baldur

I didn't play Fallout neither Fallout 2 only Fallout Tactics and I didn't like it as BG Series

Well, technically FOT isn't a RPG. Its only resemblance to 1&2 is the setting. I enjoyed FOT quite a lot but still I don't compare it to FO and FO2... they are different genres.

Anyway, can you become a pr0n star in BG?

'Nuff said. :cool:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Baldur's Gate! Baldur's Gate! Baldur's Gate!

How can we ever forget Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, Sarevok, and Bhaal? C'mon, it had a great story, great characters, great play... Fallout was good, but not that good.

Minsc.- too crazy

Jaheira.- too annoying

Imoen.- She was my little baby :-"

Sarevok.- he was a bastard, but was our bastard :)

Bhaal.- too many problems for him

And how can you forget Viconia? :wub:

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

i remember playing the fallout junktown demo on my PC gamer disc ( i still have it somewhere :D ) where i later learned u could finish it in a few ways.. but i just went ahead and killed them all... so much fun it was great ! i had made the peasants day hehe... one gay thing tho... i thought i had to do the same thing in junktown in the real FO ... haha how wrong was i.. replayed it and it slowly became the best game i ever played soooo

Fallout > Fallout 2 > Baldurs Gate 2 > Baldurs Gate.. you know its sounds right... ( because it is (w00t) )

Planescape: Torment> all. :thumbsup:"

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Impression from initial playthrough:

BG> BG2> FO> FO2

Opinion from hindsight:

BG2> FO> BG> FO2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Fallout. You just felt like you had more freedom... more plot freedom, more freedom to finish missions in different ways, more ethical freedom. And a great setting. And mean evil humor. And dumb in-jokes. And gore.

But the BG games were alot of fun, you had alot to do, you were just more constrained as far as what you could do and how you could do it.

easily the Baldur's Gate saga. For one, the rampant fanboyism of the community is...intimidating...(much like certain aspects of the NWN community :-" ) I just didn't enjoy Fallout very much. I felt that much of it was immature and a bit trite. The writing wasn't very good, either. And (please don't hate me) I loathe true turn-based combat. I'm not very patient. :(

but then again, the iguana sticks almost made up for it. Almost.

I felt that much of it was immature and a bit trite. The writing wasn't very good, either.

In no way do I recall FO1 suffering from this, but certainly FO2 did. That said, even what immaturity, triteness and poor writing that was at times present in FO2 comes nowhere near the same degrees present in the BG series, particularly in BG2.

newlogo.gif

I felt that much of it was immature and a bit trite. The writing wasn't very good, either.

In no way do I recall FO1 suffering from this, but certainly FO2 did. That said, even what immaturity, triteness and poor writing that was at times present in FO2 comes nowhere near the same degrees present in the BG series, particularly in BG2.

Immature, Minsc? No way. :ermm:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson