Mercenaries by Lucasarts

Craftsman

The LucasArts marketing campaign for Mercenaries was designed to start selling the game post "hugest quarter ever for video games." It's a brand new intellectual property and as such likely would have got lost in the Halo 2/Half Life 2/GTA3/KOTOR 2/ETC barrage pre Xmas. That's why many people are like "What is this? Why have I never heard of this?"

I hope some of you pick it up. It was a blast to make and I'm sure at least some of you will have a good time with it.

- Scott Warner

The LucasArts marketing campaign for Mercenaries was designed to start selling the game post  "hugest quarter ever for video games."  It's a brand new intellectual property and as such likely would have got lost in the Halo 2/Half Life 2/GTA3/KOTOR 2/ETC barrage pre Xmas.  That's why many people are like "What is this?  Why have I never heard of this?"

I hope some of you pick it up.  It was a blast to make and I'm sure at least some of you will have a good time with it. 

- Scott Warner

I assume you're a Dev (or a doppel). I never said it was no good, I said I'd heard of it via the commercial, but it really didn't make it look too good. For the record:

Puerile=Contract J.A.C.K.

Memorable=No One Lives Forever (both)

You do realize that the exact same things happen in every part of journalism, right? Or do you really believe the same news is shown the same way in Iraq as in the US?

oh yeah, don't worry. I'm just as skeptical as you. (Note the "supposedly.") You learn to be cynical when your family's in the newspaper business... :lol:

an interesting Iraq viewpoint: Iraq Dispatches

or, for the more D.C. centric: Joshua Micah Marshall

cheers!