Mercenaries by Lucasarts

Craftsman

I might get it, have to look at more reviews first though.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

You need to expand your horizons Hades :p

Sorry, I only have fun with CRPGs. I have tried other genres in the past. Played Alpha Centauri, the Civilization games, Unreal Tournement, and the such and I only have real fun when I play a CRPG. Occasionally I play a good space sim, but their hasn't ben any since Freespace 2 and Wing COmmander.

You need to expand your horizons Hades :p

Sorry, I only have fun with CRPGs. I have tried other genres in the past. Played Alpha Centauri, the Civilization games, Unreal Tournement, and the such and I only have real fun when I play a CRPG. Occasionally I play a good space sim, but their hasn't ben any since Freespace 2 and Wing COmmander.

You can try IL-2 Forgotten Battles, it isn't a space sim, but is very good.

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

And after he is done with it, he can actually fly the real thing.

Mind you I never played it but I did IL-2 demo and those flight sims are more close to Microsoft Flight Simulator that to Wing Commander, I do miss Origin flight sims ...

drakron.png

And after he is done with it, he can actually fly the real thing.

Mind you I never played it but I did IL-2 demo and those flight sims are more close to Microsoft Flight Simulator that to Wing Commander, I do miss Origin flight sims ...

I know how is,

1.- Take off.- Perfect

2.- Mission.- Perfect

3.- Landing.- I need a new plane ;) (If is in an aircraft carrier when I had to land, if is an airbase, maybe the plane can be saved)

If you like arcades you can try Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Second World War planes) or Fair Strike (Modern Helicopters)

Damn good sim, if you can be bothered to learn to play it. Oddly enough, winning in it involves careful planning and tactics, and fast reflexes aren't the deciding factor.

And playing the co-op missions is a blast. (w00t)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Damn good sim, if you can be bothered to learn to play it. Oddly enough, winning in it involves careful planning and tactics, and fast reflexes aren't the deciding factor.

And playing the co-op missions is a blast. (w00t)

Nop, 213374U, the only thing you need to win in that game is not forget down gear when you back to your aircraft carrier, and not forget that the aircraft carrier is too small or you'll end learning to swim :cool: . Pacific Fighters is very good, but I prefer Forgotten Battles with the Aces Expansion Pack, in the PF you can't fly with the Luftwaffe :thumbsup:"

I'll get it if it's good (renting first), but I don't have high hopes really. I was very dissapointed in Pandemics last batch of games, such as Battlefront. If the gameplay seems like it will stay solid and fun, and not become stale in a month, then I'll pick it up. Pandemics games just don't have the replayability as other ones do. They're a blast at first, but after a few weeks they're just boring and not fun at all. Maybe this game will be different.

IL-2 Forgotten Battles

The newest one in the IL-2 line is Pacific Fighter, fyi

I read a review on that, best thing is, you can ad it on to the previous titles, so you have ALL the planes, and there should be patches with more planes, and fixes for the historical inaccuracies.

I'll get it if it's good (renting first), but I don't have high hopes really. I was very dissapointed in Pandemics last batch of games, such as Battlefront. If the gameplay seems like it will stay solid and fun, and not become stale in a month, then I'll pick it up. Pandemics games just don't have the replayability as other ones do. They're a blast at first, but after a few weeks they're just boring and not fun at all. Maybe this game will be different.

This is odd, they've been running commercials for this game on some of the channels my little brother's been watching, it looked like one of those puerile shooters you'd forget after one or two playthroughs...so Gamespy's saying it's actually GOOD? Then again...it IS Gamespy... :(

augh, Pandemic. WHY did Battlefront get good reviews? That was an awful game. Pretty, but awful. The controls were sticky(!), the classes weren't balanced, a complete lack of replayability...

I forgot! When you apply the word "journalism" to "gaming," you magically lose the objectivity (supposedly) inherent to the profession. Oh well.

maybe it's more fun on live. I wouldn't know.

I forgot! When you apply the word "journalism" to "gaming," you magically lose the objectivity (supposedly) inherent to the profession. Oh well.

You do realize that the exact same things happen in every part of journalism, right? Or do you really believe the same news is shown the same way in Iraq as in the US?

Anyhow, most every reviewer (in games or otherwise) tries to be as subjective as possible, although it's impossible to be 100% "pure". Of course, one might wonder about those who gets to review unfinished code before everyone else and then just happen to give the beta 9/10.. Five times in a row (with different beta's of course).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!