Most Disapointing Game Ever

Darth Reven

All I need in a Fallout game is a feeling of desperation, a post apocalyptic world, real life weapons and that gritty, hopeless atmosphere. If it's non linear, has a great story and interesting NPC's, all the better.

I don't care which ruleset is used or which view is used to depict the game or even if the combat is realtime or turnbased.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't care which ruleset is used or which view is used to depict the game or even if the combat is realtime or turnbased.

I do.

First, removing SPECIAL from FO would just be......bad

As for TB, could you picture Zelda going TB or Starcraft going TB? Thats the kind of change that we're talking about in my eyes.

As for the perspective......it wouldn't be the worst thing if it went away from iso, but I'd prefer it didn't. I prefer that perspective for RPGs. If it went to FP or over the shoulder, it would be nice if the camera could zoom out for an iso perspective for combat.

I do.

As for TB, could you picture Zelda going TB or Starcraft going TB? Thats the kind of change that we're talking about in my eyes.

As for the perspective......it wouldn't be the worst thing if it went away from iso, but I'd prefer it didn't. I prefer that perspective for RPGs. If it went to FP or over the shoulder, it would be nice if the camera could zoom out for an iso perspective for combat.

With the camera, as long as its 3rd person I'll be happy. Preferrably if they're not going with the zoomed out top down isometric, go with a NWN style movable camera. Preferrably without the limits the NWN camera had.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I agree.

I don't know about Zelda because I've never played it. However Starcraft going TB doesn't make much sense because it's a RTS (as in Real Time). It's as if you propose they did Half-Life 3 turn based. However Fallout is a CRPG and there are examples of CRPGs with a RT based combat. So as long as they manage to make combat fun an balanced, anything goes for me.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

As someone who dosnt worship at the holy alter of Fallout I dont think it would make a huge ammount of difference.

But then again I've never been one to be tied to rules and playing the FF series where the rules change from one to the other just goes to show that a franchise dosnt need to keep the same rules to keep the feel of the franchise.

Personally I prefered FOT's more dynamic real time (although I really missed a pause function I got over it) to FO's boardgame like combat.

As long as the flavour of the post apocalyptic setting is captured , what rules drive the game (as long as they work and are not clunky) are not important to me.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]