Most Disapointing Game Ever

Darth Reven

NWN, I was expecting so much more (and I was shocked at the bad graphics). Second would be Temple of Elemental Evil. Again, this game could have been so much more. Both games I still enjoyed enough to finish (so I still liked them), but they were disappointing in the fact I was expecting something a lot better.

Third would be Morrowind. This game had such potential, but ended up just being repetitive. I loved it at first but after 40 hours in I was doing the same thing over and over again.

Warcraft 3 would be number 4, I expected something more innovative. But nevertheless I still finished the single player campaign, and enjoyed it.

Other games like Dungeon Siege I knew was going to suck, so they met expectations rather than I was disappointed.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Klauth, for example, is a great wyrm red dragon.  A baseline great wyrm red dragon has the spell casting power of a 19th level sorcerer.  A 19th level sorcerer has 6 slots worth of spells from 0 to 8th with 4 9th level spell slots.  Did Klauth cast any 9th level spells at all?  Did he cast any 8th level spells?  How about 7th or 6th?  Hell no.

FWIW, Klauth had 9th level spells. But they gave him such a bad spell list that he probably shouldn't use them, and his casting level is nerfed.

I'll vote the NWN OC as being disappointing. The game itself worked out just fine for me.

Deus Ex- Invisible War was a huge letdown. Awful perfromance even on high-end hardware, and looked bad while doing it. All the good gameplay elements were removed or nerfed radically. But at least it had lots of bugs! How you can go from something as good as Deus Ex to something as turdtastic as DX-IW is beyond me.

Arcanum was a huge letdown, too. Couldn't stand that game. "We are like the cool people from the Fallout team and stuff! Buy our game!" Yeah, right. More like the kind of fallout that turns your nose into a third ****.

Yeah, NWN was a big disappointment. It was just so boring and long. I have no idea how many thousands of 2 xp goblins I killed. Then when I tried as a spellcaster it suddenly got really nasty. Maybe I just did something stupid, but before there was tenser's transformation and stuff, I just couldn't hurt anything that had any spell resistence. Never had the problem since the expansions, but there was nothing my poor sorcerer could do against Klauth that first time.

Oh, and Jedi Academy. The single player was pretty generic, but kind of fun. Then the multiplayer browser was broken, I couldn't find any games I could get into, and once the finally fixed it I found that it was just a bunch of spamming and really random hitboxes and damage.

Never had the problem since the expansions, but there was nothing my poor sorcerer could do against Klauth that first time.

There are two damage resistant items. Girdle against Slashing (Golden Girdle?) and the traveler

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Well I did die pretty quickly, but the big problem was overcoming spell-resistence. I had followed the general level-up guidelines they gave, but even when I used all the spells I could to try to lower the magic immunity, I couldn't actually cause any damage...... That did happen though at the end of HotU too. The only thing that could seriously damage M, aside from acid, was that planar sword spell. Nothing else worked.

NWN would have probably been more fun if they'd have stripped the story and made it a diablo clone :(

Sorry Darque, but NWN was fun, at least for me, the story wasn't so bad and the only thing I miss in that game was I couldn't "help to die" Lord Nasher o:)

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Lionheart's pretty bad. It's like Diablo mated with Baldur's Gate and something really bad happened to the graphics' genes.

Thief 3 isn't the best game out there, but Robbing the Cradle makes up for most of its flaws.

As the worst, I'd have to say Neverwinter Nights. I like it, but it's the same basic concept for each chapter, the enemies die like cattle and you don't have party members to distract you from the endless killing like you did in Knights of the Old Republic.

Fallout brotherhood of steel i bought it just because it had fallout on the cover even though it looked crapy i bought it anyway 1 hour later i returned it wow that game sucked i liked the bg:da engine for the first but the secound game and champions of norrath it got pretty old another game that sucked was ff8 just because ff7 was so much better. :(

-Neverwinter Nights: I thought it would be, at the very least, on par with Baldur's Gate II.

-Fable: Linear hack-n-slash fest. There's no depth to the game, no open-ended gameplay.

-Deus Ex: Invisible War: The release build was pretty much unplayable, Ion Storm removed the skills system and made a lot of other stupid choices.

-Civilization 3: Too many lame balancing issus (i.e. watching a civilization stuck in the stone age roll over my marines with horsemen was annoying). It felt more like a step backwards for the series. The new resource system could have worked well but didn't, naval and air forces are made almost completely useless, and those damn horsemen raped my fortified marines.

-Halo 2: What the hell happened to the single-player campaign?

Lionheart: For the first half I was thinking "Wow, this is actually pretty good, the combat sucks arse, but the quests and story and such make up for it."

Then boom, nothing but that garbage combat for the last half of the game.

Master of Orion 3: In name only.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Lionheart: For the first half I was thinking "Wow, this is actually pretty good, the combat sucks arse, but the quests and story and such make up for it."

It

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

...NeverWorkin'Right was the most overhyped piece o' garbage I's e'er had the misfortune o' loadin' up...that said, I expected to be disappointed greatly...the game I was most disappointed with, expecting a great cRPG experience and gittin' had bigtime, was Shadows of Amn (awaits the ravenin' horde o' SoA fanmonkeys wit' theys stewpots steamin' an' sporks flailin' in all directions)... :blink:"

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

the game I was most disappointed with, expecting a great cRPG experience and gittin' had bigtime, was Shadows of Amn (awaits the ravenin' horde o' SoA fanmonkeys wit' theys stewpots steamin' an' sporks flailin' in all directions)... :-"

Why ? :p

Just curious. Sure, it follows the standard Bioware formula, but you must have expected something else than what you got. What did you expect ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why ?  :p

Just curious. Sure, it follows the standard Bioware formula, but you must have expected something else than what you got. What did you expect ?

...becuz it promised (an' had all the ability ta be) a simply wonderful cRPG, perhaps the best e'er...it failed miserably, imho...the story was half-arsed an' had more holes in it than Volourn has masterbation stains in his skivvies...the main villian, Irenicus, an' his story was terribly done (half-fleshed out an' then BIOweeenia gave up on 'im...worse off than gittin' a cardboard cut-out villian)...BIOweeenia tried waaay too damn hard ta 'ave lots ta do wit' useless sidequestin' an' gave up on any cohesive plotline whatsoe'er...shall I go on... <_<

...don't git me wrong; SoA was a (relatively) "good" game...it was playable...it was relatively fun...after BG, I expected to be blown away again...I wasna...I was almost brought ta tears by how great this game coulda been compared wit' how average it was...average at alot a good things, but still average all the same...it sundered the good name o' BG an' BIOweeenia's been sunderin' it worse e'er since...more's the pity... :-

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

It

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

We were warning them that real time SPECIAL was garbage, they wouldn't listen. "Don't make it action based, people will hate it" they didn't listen.

Huh? Why would real time SPECIAL be garbage? FOT was exactly that and it was a great tactical action game IMO. The issues I have with that game were more with the interface than the implementation of SPECIAL in an action game.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.