Most Disapointing Game Ever

Darth Reven

"Well, my little halfling rogue monk fought two dragons at the end of the OC. It was freaking ridiculous because they were doing more damage to each other than my character."

Nah. We had this discussion before. It makes total sense on why that happen.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I thought dragons were immune to dragon breaths?"

They are depending on the type. But, it's also the "piss off" factor and the fact that the two dragons in question weren't in their 'right minds' at the time.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

dragons are gay.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I meant it in the abstract sense of the word.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Seriously, what does it matter if some boss somewhere was to easy to defeat. We're not talking bout some platform game here.

Klauth, for example, is a great wyrm red dragon. A baseline great wyrm red dragon has the spell casting power of a 19th level sorcerer. A 19th level sorcerer has 6 slots worth of spells from 0 to 8th with 4 9th level spell slots. Did Klauth cast any 9th level spells at all? Did he cast any 8th level spells? How about 7th or 6th? Hell no.

@Kaften: What do you mean not the same platform? BG2 is a DnD CRPG set in the Forgotten Realms. What is Neverwinter Nights? A DnD CRPG set in the Forgotten Realms. Seems pretty much the same to me. :lol:

I meant platform such as in platform games like super mario etc. and since Im not a D&D nerd, I couldnt care less if Klauth is a level 46 autocrat with seventy slots of golden shower and an offending value of 3.141

..but ok, Im not being fair here. I enjoy CRPGs for the story and characters, I dont know or care how combat works and I prefer as little of it as possible in games- so Im not talking from the same point of view.

NWN had any form of challenge?

Yes, the radial menu was quite a challenge for spellcasters :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For what it's worth, I also thought Baldur's Gate offered more of a challenge than Neverwinter Nights.

NWN had any form of challenge?

Well.... I guess the dry story was pretty challenging to stay awake through. :p

Yep NWN had a big challenge, follow the orders of a stupid old man, and a crazy half-elf and not be crazy you :)

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Fallout: BOS. Everybody knew it was going to be terrible, yes, but its existence is still incredibly dissapointing.

I never played all of ToEE, though the part I did play wasn't fun. At all.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Yup. It was Bio's classic "ancient race who built everything and the hot chick goes evil" schtick that they used in KoTOR too. Only having a single other soul to chat with was also a huge letdown but I still enjoyed NWN very much.

..but, I really liked Arcanum too. Does that make me a strange person?