Most Disapointing Game Ever

Darth Reven

"Volourn you have to change the store where you buy the games "te vieron cara de tonto"

No. No, I do not.

Why did you pay 90$ for NWN?? Are games that expensive in your area because I bought it the day it was released and i payed around 40$ for it, either you are one big sucker or your game stores are some of the biggest rip offs I've ever heard of :devil:

Volourn would be quoting prices in Canadian dollars, and likely figuring in the tax as well. $90 CDN when NWN was first released sounds about right. Atari retailed that thing at a massive price; I often saw it at $79.99 CDN at release.

Now, I see the Platinum edition for less than the price of one expansion pack.

newlogo.gif

Volourn would be quoting prices in Canadian dollars, and likely figuring in the tax as well. $90 CDN when NWN was first released sounds about right.  Atari retailed that thing at a massive price; I often saw it at $79.99 CDN at release.

Zoq: Yeah, we forgot Voly was Kanadian.

Fot: Silly Canucks...

Pik: ...

zoqfotpik-sitting.gif

I think I've mentioned this before, but I played Daggerfall like a nut (only stopped because my hd crashed a few months back, actually). Naturally I awaited Morrowind with great expectations, and I even pre-ordered it from the US (in a special, more expensive box)..

Morrowind is the most disappointing game I've ever played. And expensive too.

I forgot about Morrowind!

Morrowind was a huge disappointment for me too.

But Daggerfall still rules!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

In chronological order of purchase:

• Deathtrap Dungeon
  • Tomb Raider III (and IV, shame on me for being naive)
  • Master of Orion 3
  • NWN Gold Box thingy (NWN+SOU)

Mind you, there is a lot of crap out there. I think I managed to stay clear of most of it though (except the above mentioned) :">

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would say NWN .. I bought the game the day it came out and after 20 minutes I was so bored I never touched it again ..

or Lionheart .. same deal .. never got past Barcelona! tried several times! but I just get so bored that I feel a need to go to sleep after 20 minutes ..

which is really strange, since I love playing games like Europa Universalis II where you can stare at the screen for 10 minutes without doing a thing ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Volourn would be quoting prices in Canadian dollars, and likely figuring in the tax as well. $90 CDN when NWN was first released sounds about right.  Atari retailed that thing at a massive price; I often saw it at $79.99 CDN at release.

seriously? good thing i didnt buy mine right at release. i got the gold edition one (came with sou) for $49.99.

as for most disappointing game....probably star wars: battlefront. it wore out its fun factor after about 2 days (thats including multiplayer with buddies). not worth the $70 or so i spent on it. :-

Guest Surlent

No expectations, no dissapointments.

I don't remember any particular dissapointing game, because I usually don't buy games before either reading reviews and/or playing demo/warez version.

And since nowadays reviews are more suckups and comps don't run always everything perfectly whether you had good specs or not, demo/warez is the way to go.

Lionheart is getting a bad rap.  I don't understand how folks can call Lionheart the most disappointing with games like MOO3 and PoR2 in the running.  Unless, of course, they've never played MoO3 or PoR2.

Moo3 was boring, but I wasn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Hey, what's all this NWN bashing for. Everyone says how dissapointing it is, but yet here everyone is, eagerly anticipating the sequel :thumbsup:

I have no intentions of buying or playing NWN2.. I'm on these boards for KOTOR2 ..

somehow the gameplay really doesn't appeal to me!

Fortune favors the bald.

Fallout 3 ... I have a time-machine in my backyard.

For real? Probably Deus Ex:IW. The original Dues Ex is one of my favorite games ever. I was so psyched up for the sequel, I followed its development until release.

Ion Storm could have released a really, really great game, Warren Spector ...what happened?

"Hey, what's all this NWN bashing for. Everyone says how dissapointing it is, but yet here everyone is, eagerly anticipating the sequel"

Don't forget that this thread is about 'most dissapointing game'; not 'worst game'. I know some of the people who wrote NWN was 'most dissapointing' actually like NWN but they expected a Super Game so they were dissapointed.

R00fles!

:ph34r:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Like I said I wasn't expecting NWN to be a super game from the gods, just a game that is on par in quality as Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2. At least dragons in BG 2 were a challenge."

Meh. Firkragg and Co. were nowhere enar as challenging as Big Red tm.

"For what it's worth, I also thought Baldur's Gate offered more of a challenge than Neverwinter Nights.'

Overall, I'd agree that BG2 offered more challenge than the NWN OC; but we were discussing dragons... ;)"