Most Disapointing Game Ever

Darth Reven

Sacrifice. At first I though wow this games gona kick some major ass, then I played it.

<_< :):)

Also I think Lionheart is getting a bad Rap. It was;nt a great game by any means, but it was'nt un playable. Infact it was quite fun, right up until the complete abomination of an ending. It just had 0 replay value, and was not what people expected. Porblem is people were expecting Bualders gate using the Special system or somthing. Which it most definatly was not.

I have to also say that ToEE is in the most disapointing game list for me too. Only because I hated the User interface so much that I never played more then 5 minutes of it. Radial Interface= bad for me.

I would have to say Master Of Orion III. MOO2 was so great, and there was such potential for MOO3, but the game was such a waste. Even in semi-following the development it sounded good, but the final product was a real let-down.

At some point, the developers decided to let the computer handle all the fun stuff, and let the player deal with the monotony.

Compounding on the disappointment for me, is that I really like how the game looks and sounds, and the races are quite cool. But it's no fun at all to play.

newlogo.gif

Master of Orion One was by far the best. :o

Half-Life one I found boring.

Doom 3 was a big letdown. (It's dark. Monsters come. Pick up health. More monsters come.)

NWN was also a, ah, horrible thing when it first came out. The only way that I'll play the OC is with other people. Who like to laugh at the game, too.

Warcraft 3 was another horrible addition. It was too easy and it had horrible voice acting. Starcraft was far superior, in my opinion. (I think Starcraft is also played more on the 'net, has a bigger fanbase. . .Warcraft has just been around longer.) They really should've kept the Orcs and Humans theme of WC2 instead of bringing in those ridiculous heros. If you didn't have a hero, ha-ha-ha, you couldn't build an army.

My question is: Are games nowadays good for the multiplayer, or good for the singleplayer? (Good as in reviewer says "GO BUY GAME NOW, ARGH".)

Fnord.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I played Daggerfall like a nut (only stopped because my hd crashed a few months back, actually). Naturally I awaited Morrowind with great expectations, and I even pre-ordered it from the US (in a special, more expensive box)..

Morrowind is the most disappointing game I've ever played. And expensive too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Lionheart is getting a bad rap. I don't understand how folks can call Lionheart the most disappointing with games like MOO3 and PoR2 in the running. Unless, of course, they've never played MoO3 or PoR2.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

NWN for me. *sigh* I had such great expectations for that game, and then I loaded up the game... played for a bit, and after a few minutes, the game started slowing down... and then chugging... and then it crashed to the desktop. 'Ok, no biggie" I thought. "I'll just start it up again."

Corrupted video display. Reboot.

Downloaded some older drivers, since I was already using the current ones for my Radeon 8500 card... still no luck. Eventually, I found a combination of drivers and a version of the game that seemed to coexist all right, although at a pretty significant hit performance-wise (took a few day before I stumbled upon it, but all was well), so I settled in and delved into the greateness that was the NWN OC.

Yak.

All things considered, it wasn't the worst game I'd played, even if it was a flat, repetitive affair in both gameplay and graphics, but after anticipating the game for soooooo long...

Yak.

PoR2 might have gotten my vote in this category, but I'd followed the development of that game for a while, and after seeing the high turnover rate of 1) developers, 2) designers, and 3) rule sets, I couldn't for the life of me see how they were going to deliver on everything they were promising. I didn't really have high expectations for that one in the first place, so it was hardly a disappointment when I picked it up in the bargain bin. On the contrary, considering all the crap the game was receiving online, I went into the game automatically assuming that my Windows installation was in mortal peril. Not only did it not wipe out my OS, the game didn't even crash.

Thief: Deadly Shadows and Morrowind.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

"NWN was neither. And 90 Dollars? Are you including expansion?"

$90+ just the original game. Looking back I've spent adecent amount of change on NWN in the last few years.

$200 for the 3 games than another $70 for the Platinum Edition as I gifted my old copy to my brother for his second computer.

Then about $100 on the various manuls/strategy guides.

WOWSERS!

Funny thing, it was all worth it even though it isn't perfect since I still play it lots 2 and a half years after its initial release. That's staying power!

Anyways, I'd have to say DD was a dissapointment as well due to all the 'net hype for an actual RPG with it and all it was a wannabe Diablo with role-playing elements.

LH wasn't bad though I didn't play it long. As for one who said people were expecting a BG with Special rules.. well, people were expecting that as that's what they were basically led to believe..

That is all. For now.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"NWN was neither. And 90 Dollars? Are you including expansion?"

$90+ just the original game. Looking back I've spent adecent amount of change on NWN in the last few years.

$200 for the 3 games than another $70 for the Platinum Edition as I gifted my old copy to my brother for his second computer.

Then about $100 on the various manuls/strategy guides.

WOWSERS!

Funny thing, it was all worth it  even though it isn't perfect since I still play it lots 2 and a half years after its initial release. That's staying power!

Anyways, I'd have to say DD was a dissapointment as well due to all the 'net hype for an actual RPG with it and all it was a wannabe Diablo with role-playing elements.

LH wasn't bad though I didn't play it long. As for one who said people were expecting a BG with Special rules.. well, people were expecting that as that's what they were basically led to believe..

That is all. For now.

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

I'd say Commandos 3. The first two games were excellent, they were very intensive, innovative and well balanced, but C3...oh boy. Everything that made the first two ones great was gone in C3. WORST GAME I EVER BOUGHT.

Short as hell, too.

In answer to the question, I'd say Ultima Online. I was a naive fanboy for it before it's release, believed every word the Developers said.

The result is the bitter, cynical black-hearted SOB who is currently writing this message. :devil:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?