Should Revan Have An "Offical" Gender?

I put on the hooded masked caped Revan robes on and looked in the alignment screen, and it had the male light animation even though I was female. So Revan's gender was already confirmed.

How exactly does equipping robes that can only be gotten in the game by cheating prove anything? It just means the devs were a bit sloppy with their design...IIRC the Mandalorian armour also makes you into a man. And the spacesuits didn't have different genders either....

I put on the hooded masked caped Revan robes on and looked in the alignment screen, and it had the male light animation even though I was female. So Revan's gender was already confirmed.

How exactly does equipping robes that can only be gotten in the game by cheating prove anything? It just means the devs were a bit sloppy with their design...IIRC the Mandalorian armour also makes you into a man. And the spacesuits didn't have different genders either....

I didn't cheat, I just got a mod that gives you the robes like svosh's mod.

But yeah, I guess the devs got lazy with the robes.

They should use the voice actors for the PC and make them the voice actors for the Male/Female Revan. It wouldn't make sense not to. The exile had no voice, really makes you wonder who are you gonna play as in the 3rd KOTOR.

Giving Revan a Gender would be a bad move.

People have their own ideas about what gender and alignment Revan was and were given the option to play Revan as such.

If Revan does make an appearance in KoTOR3, whoever is making that game will have to do what they have done in some NWN modules. They will have a conversation where you make up what gender Revan was and how he/she looked and then the model will be made.

I have my doubts that Revan will be back aside from a little reference. I think the KoTOR universe would be better off if they just started fresh with no Revan or Exile aside from a few mentions here and there.

TSL left too many unanswered questions and plot holes for any sane developer/story writer to pick that mess up again and try to work with it.

Let's talk business for a bit...

There are many female participants on these boards, it tends to surprise me, but it's a happy surprise. However, I haven't checked the record and I don't know, but I heard the official story is that Revan's a LS male. That makes sense, as you all know, Lucas Arts can't be awarded any prizes for being original, for breaking the mold, or for trying to market new ideas.

The fact of the matter is, Star Wars was made for little boys to enjoy in an age where society dictated that little girls didn't have an interest in such things, and it's characters were tailored to be idolised by little boys, and Kotor simply follows suit, it's a little boy's game and little boys need their heroes, and as such these heroes have to be little boys so little boys can identify themselves to them. And by little boys, I mean males of any age, it's rumored we never grow up :D

All that being said, I'm glad times are changing, it's about bloody time, I don't give a damn how you play the game, I think it should be played however you want to play it, I only wanted explain why the Star Wars thing was so, and why this debate is irrelevant.

They should use the voice actors for the PC and make them the voice actors for the Male/Female Revan. It wouldn't make sense not to. The exile had no voice, really makes you wonder who are you gonna play as in the 3rd KOTOR.

I am not sure we could afford the game if a voice actor for male and female Revan/Exile were used, or any PC for that matter. It is tough to do a 100% voice over in any game and is very expensive for the dev/publisher.

And, wouldn't there have to be multiple accents for each gender?

Though I would like to see it done I think at this stage of gaming it is just cost prohibitive for both the dev and the consumer.

As for the main topic of this thread, I really don't have a gender preference for either Revan or Exile. That should be left up to the player I believe.

The thing that I found is that even if you say Revan is a woman, in some of the conversations, the people you talk to say Revan is a he. That was annoying. There was even one part where Kreia I think said that Revan was a guy and a girl ("she was bound to the dark side...but then he blah blah...") in 2 sentences and i was like wtf how was this missed in production...

Either a lack of testing on OE's part, or they're preparing us for the eventual LA highjacking and gender-setting to be male... I sure hope not. I chose Kotor I in the first place for 2 reasons:

1. I wanted to be an ancient Jedi

2. I LOVED the costumizability (Gender and alignment)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

LA stated that the official gender/alignment for both Revan and Exile is light side male.

I see ppl stating that *fact* a lot on these boards. What is the evidence for this theory?

Actually, the only conclusion that seems certain is that Lucasfilms considers the "official" Revan to be LS. They've yet to confirm a gender. And even the LS officiality depends on how you interpret the databank entry for the Star Forge and various stuff about the other KOTOR1 characters, making it sound like the LS ending took place.

I've yet to see anything "official" about the Exile.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Let's talk business for a bit...

There are many female participants on these boards, it tends to surprise me, but it's a happy surprise.  However, I haven't checked the record and I don't know, but I heard the official story is that Revan's a LS male.  That makes sense, as you all know, Lucas Arts can't be awarded any prizes for being original, for breaking the mold, or for trying to market new ideas.

The fact of the matter is, Star Wars was made for little boys to enjoy in an age where society dictated that little girls didn't have an interest in such things, and it's characters were tailored to be idolised by little boys, and Kotor simply follows suit, it's a little boy's game and little boys need their heroes, and as such these heroes have to be little boys so little boys can identify themselves to them.  And by little boys, I mean males of any age, it's rumored we never grow up  :D

All that being said, I'm glad times are changing, it's about bloody time, I don't give a damn how you play the game, I think it should be played however you want to play it, I only wanted explain why the Star Wars thing was so, and why this debate is irrelevant.

You talk about little boys, almost as much as Michael Jackson

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think it should be up to the player. If it was "official" though I think that Revan should be a female (Revan as female was the default in TSL and the whole carth-revan thing was alot more memorable in K2 than the bastila and Revan one). I think the exile should be a male. (the whole handmaiden story works better than the disciple IMO) As long as they arent both male, im happy. Make one male, one female or both female. Its 10 times better when it is a female.

Man thats harsh. I know alot of females that although thay dont us physical streath or are not right ot front thay are much better tacticians than most men are. Most with that kind of power like to stay hiden unlike most men that I know that want to be as macho as thay can and not manipulate things in the back ground wich to me is an even stronger thing than being right out front to be hit first buy Incoming fire. a smart leader is one that stays in the back and not on the front lines ans it were!