Should Revan Have An "Offical" Gender?

Bastila is an annoying B!tch one of the best moments of the game was killing her. :angry:

I don't imagine that

Atris

will stand a chance of surviving your game then. :-"

lol. :-:(

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Pffffft. If someone on the internet or Georgie can take away your ideas and creations.... :ermm:

I meant by having an "official" gender for Reven. Reven is Reven to me as I played in the first game, no one can ever ruin that experience.

Except for the LucasArts Kotor 2 choronicles section where they constantly refer to Revan as "he."

Revan should be a male.  Males are the only ones who are fit to rule anything.

:ermm:"

I meant by having an "official" gender for Reven. Reven is Reven to me as I played in the first game, no one can ever ruin that experience.

Exactly. But who would give the "official" claim that would take away your percerption of Revan? But if they even did that, you know you would always have some rebels on your side.... :D

I really enjoyed my first play through as a LS male Revan, getting to know Jolee and the gang.......but for some reason, the second-play as a female darksider felt much better! I mean, it made all the cruelty inflicted on my party members that much worse in my eyes, having known and enjoyed their company in a previous file, er, life, but she was the mold to which I began my first game in KOTOR2.

My second playthrough of KOTOR2 has my original LS male Revan, and I already feel like that ain't right! :devil:

If Revan ever does get an official gender (if he hasnt already, from the chronicles, yes he is reffered to as a 'he') he will problably be male for some of the reasons below.

1) Revan/Bastila bond storyline seems to fit better with male Revan and Bastila and the whole love thing. (That may be just cus Ive never done anything else than LS Male)

2) The big hero in StarWars movies has always been male. Fits with this bias.

3) Revan does sound like a male name.

Thats is all I can think off.

My first reason is problably best one there.

He shouldnt get one I think, but if he does, male would problably be better, though I may be saying that cus I is male.

• 2 months later...

How about someone doing a poll and see what the readers of the forum think as to what Revan's gender should be. As for myself I see Revan in the female gender role.

Take Malik for instense all brawn and little brains so Revan would have to be female..LOL

Revan's gender is the player's own business, so is Revan's alignement. Some might think Revan is a guardian because he/she's a military genius. But I really think Revan is a consular.

The exile's gender and alignement is also the player's business, but I think he/she really is a guardian, it just fits the description, and Bao-Dur's account. I did play the exile as a consular though, I never finished the game as anything else.

I really enjoyed my first play through as a LS male Revan, getting to know Jolee and the gang.......but for some reason, the second-play as a female darksider felt much better!  I mean, it made all the cruelty inflicted on my party members that much worse in my eyes, having known and enjoyed their company in a previous file, er, life, but she was the mold to which I began my first game in KOTOR2.

My second playthrough of KOTOR2 has my original LS male Revan, and I already feel like that ain't right!  :)

Maybe you're just inherently evil? Derive pleasure in the suffering of others?

LS male. I think even the Star Wars Databank mentions that he was male and the Star Forge was destroyed.

Where? Because I just looked through the database and Revan was not listed as a character, only mentioned in the other character's profiles. :-"

Eh, Revan is not mentioned specifically as male or female in the databank but the entry on the Star Forge is clearly biased towards a lightside ending as it gives no clear indication what happens to the Star Forge if Revan and the Republic didn't destroy it... Let me see what the actual entry says:

The Republic used a captive Revan to piece together clues as to the Star Forge's location, and eventually discovered the Unknown World. Republic forces attacked en masse, and despite devastating losses, were able to defeat Malak and the Star Forge.

Although the branching nature of KOTOR's storyline allows for an ending in which the dark side triumphs and the Star Forge remains intact, Star Wars continuity maintains that one way or another, the Star Forge was destroyed.

Except for the LucasArts Kotor 2 choronicles section where they constantly refer to Revan as "he."

Good point. Noticed that too.

Revan should be a male.  Males are the only ones who are fit to rule anything.

How foolish. As a player of male Revan, male Exile, and a male myself I proudly proclaim I do not hold such sexist views of men and women. I played them that way because that's how they felt for me, not because I had some delusion that men are superior to women.

As an amateur historian I recommend you pay attention to history class more often (don't fall alseep ;)). One of the most successful rulers of China was an empress, not an emperor and Hatepshut was arguably the most successful of the Egyptian pharoahs (I don't particularly believe that but some do). Aside from that Boudicca of the Britons was a master strategist and warrior who held out against the Roman army, which had conquered greater empires such as Carthage, Egypt, or the Greek city-states by that point. Her defeat was inevitable of course, because of treachery within the Britons and the fact that she only ruled some of the clans, but she held out nonetheless.

Catherine the Great, a stronger tsar (or tsarina in this case) then Peter the Great. She was of German birth, married into the family and expanded Russia's territory significantly defeating the Osmanli (Ottoman) Turks, the Austrians, the Prussians, and the Polish in the field of battle and of politics.

Elizabeth! Have you forgotten her? She is one of the most popular figures in the entire history of the Anglosphere (US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, and Great Britan of course). She was a master political strategist though she fought no real wars and united Britain in a time of uncertainty between the Anglicans, Puritans, Catholics, and others who would have been happy to have killed one another. Where were you in history class, chum?

Revan's gender is the player's own business, so is Revan's alignement.  Some might think Revan is a guardian because he/she's a military genius. But I really think Revan is a consular.

The exile's gender and alignement is also the player's business, but I think he/she really is a guardian, it just fits the description, and Bao-Dur's account.  I did play the exile as a consular though, I never finished the game as anything else.

About class I agree that I think the Exile was a guardian. I don't think Revan was one though, or a counsular. Revan was a general true, but he was more of the strategist, the big picture thinker than the guardian who would be a more hands on person. Revan might have been a consular but I think the description fits a sentinel better. He looked for weaknesses, for flaws, and he exploited them. This is the way of a sentinel, as Dorak explains it.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own.

i read somewere to that said that revan is officaly LS male, it makes sense to because the most things happen when you are like turning bastila back to the light side and if he was really dark side why would he go alone to fight the true sith, that sounds more like a nobel jedi thing instead of just takeing his whole sith armor to crush them

but to rav it all up once and for all,should Revan have an offical gender and appearence to clear things up,or should he/she remain in many different forms in peoples imagination...

what do you think? any Ideas??

I think an official anything is the worst idea I've heard since Jar Jar.

One of the things I LOVE Obsidian for the most is that they let you determine Revan's gender AND alignment. That's exactly how it should be, how it must be.

If there was ever a movie, the Exile and Revan should each be one gender or the other. Maybe a female Revan for the plot potential (imagine the audience shock when the mask comes off at Korriban) and a male Exile. But the games should always be left to the player's choice.

Well, the general idea seems to be that Revan was a LS male. This is the default option in TSL. As I happen to have played with a LS male too, he should IMO be a LS male.

So, because you played a certain way, the Dark Siders and female players should all have to suffer for it? You're coming off as pretty arrogant. Imagine how you'd feel if Revan was made a Dark Side Female.

Revan is whoever and whatever the player made her to be. That's the point of a role-playing game. No one should ever take away that choice.

Yes Revan should, just like the exile was given a gender as a male by Sion in the Sith Lords trailer.

Sion was talking to someone else's created character. That was a demo, not the true experience of the role-playing game.

In the video when bastilla and the jedi confornt revan fro mthe first one,come on its easy do you think that would be a girl.

Also dose the name "Revan" sound like a girl or boys name

Concealing robes without any clear view of the important parts make for pure gender-neutrality, as does the name of Revan. That is how they designed the game.

What you just said is as weak a link as saying "Come on, he wears black clothing, so obviously, he's black." Coloring, shape, size, class, gender, and name-given-by-the-council are all thankfully up to the player.

There should never, NEVER be an official gender for Revan. Nor anything else.

Revan should be a male. Males are the only ones who are fit to rule anything.

Be glad I'm not in the room with you, and that Bothan stunners don't exist.

I really enjoyed my first play through as a LS male Revan, getting to know Jolee and the gang.......but for some reason, the second-play as a female darksider felt much better! I mean, it made all the cruelty inflicted on my party members that much worse in my eyes, having known and enjoyed their company in a previous file, er, life, but she was the mold to which I began my first game in KOTOR2.

My second playthrough of KOTOR2 has my original LS male Revan, and I already feel like that ain't right! ;)

All right! Finally, somebody who understands that we women are evil and fit to rule the universe. :- (Just kidding; I actually play Light.)

1) Revan/Bastila bond storyline seems to fit better with male Revan and Bastila and the whole love thing. (That may be just cus Ive never done anything else than LS Male)

Ahh, but the relationship between Bastila and Revan works equally as well when you consider Bastila's broken bond with her only female relative--they develop a bond of sisters, a bond of family that Bastila had always secretly longed for. And Revan's connection to Malak, including her inability to see that he would betray her, her trust of him, makes more sense if she had a sort of love for him once which blinded her. If Revan was male, that makes it seem like he was just plain stupid about Malak. 'Course, he could be bi, I admit. Oooh... new question... should Revan have an official sexual orientation? *lol*

2) The big hero in StarWars movies has always been male. Fits with this bias.

Exactly the reason to turn things around. :)

3) Revan does sound like a male name.

To me, resembling Raven as it does, it's a gender-neutral name... although, somewhat feminine if you think about it.

He shouldnt get one I think, but if he does, male would problably be better, though I may be saying that cus I is male.

Well, that you admit that says good things about your objectivity.

Where were you in history class, chum?

He was probably where I was--in America. We're notorious for a female-devoid, nationalistic view of history in our textbooks. Regrettably, public education here really sucks lightsaber. You won't hear anything about Alvild the pirate or Trung Trac and Trung Nhi, I can tell you that much.

Thanks for your post, by the way.

Hasn't this whole "what is the offical Revan like" been done to death already?

Bah, why bother imaging what Revan was like when you can let Lucas Arts tell you that your Revan and your Exile were both in fact a white, Anglo-Saxon LS males -- just like KOTOR 3's protagonist and every single other Star Wars game that will come to pass for the next 50 years. Ho-hum. Hooray for the status quo.

I don't see why it's so damned important anyway. Whether Revan nailed Bastila or Carth is of no significance in the end.

No way should there be an "official" anything. The whole point is that you can choose...if we didn't have the choice to impose our own idea of Revan on the character if wouldn't be a friggin game, just a series of FMVs. Everyone will have their own idea of Revan's gender, appearance and personality and they are all valid. Who cares what some database says?

I liked the fact that you could set Revan's past in The Sith Lords, even if the gender thing was as buggy as hell, they tried to accomodate the choices we had to make.

Well, the general idea seems to be that Revan was a LS male. This is the default option in TSL. As I happen to have played with a LS male too, he should IMO be a LS male.

Is it? Every single time I've played TSL, When you first have the conversation with Atton he refers to her as a woman, and you get the option to tell him Revan was a man. I would have thought that that meant that the default choice for Revan was a woman.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Is it? Every single time I've played TSL, When you first have the conversation with Atton he refers to her as a woman, and you get the option to tell him Revan was a man. I would have thought that that meant that the default choice for Revan was a woman.

But there's also an option to say "I don't care about Revan" which skips that dialog and sets Revan as LSM...so that's the default.

I don't think he/she is important enough to the EU to require a definite gender or alignment. If Revan is then god save the EU

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't see any good reason for fixing Revan's sex/alignment. Sure, if they made a movie or cartoon of Kotor, it would be necessary, but that's hardly likely. If Kotor 2 could maintain the four possible combinations, there's no reason why Kotor 3 (if made) couldn't do the same.

So why upset the fans to no purpose?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I put on the hooded masked caped Revan robes on and looked in the alignment screen, and it had the male light animation even though I was female. So Revan's gender was already confirmed.