To live .. in an Airport!

Rosbjerg

Now maybe you are familiar with the new movie "The Terminal" in which Tom Hanks plays a Eastern European man, stuck in JFK Airport .. his country in engulfed in a long civil war .. and suddenly his passport and his papers are no longer valid! thus he is denied acces to US soil .. and spends a looong time in the airport!

well, I thought that was a pretty wierd plot too.. but I was quite astonished when I learned it was based on a true story .. and not just that .. a story about a guy, who till this day, has been stuck at Charles De Gaulle Aiport in France since 1988!! yes that's 16 years at an airport!!! :p

try reading about it .. and get a good idea about how insane European bureaucracy can actually be:

http://www.geektimes.com/michael/culture/r...i/stranded.html

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Now maybe you are familiar with the new movie "The Terminal" in which Tom Hanks plays a Eastern European man, stuck in JFK Airport .. his country in engulfed in a long civil war .. and suddenly his passport and his papers are no longer valid! thus he is denied acces to US soil .. and spends a looong time in the airport!

well, I thought that was a pretty wierd plot too.. but I was quite astonished when I learned it was based on a true story .. and not just that .. a story about a guy, who till this day, has been stuck at Charles De Gaulle Aiport in France since 1988!! yes that's 16 years at an airport!!!  :(

try reading about it .. and get a good idea about how insane European bureaucracy can actually be:

- Rosbjerg

Zoq: We remember hearing about this a while before the movie came out.

Fot: We tried telling people it was based on a true story, but they just looked at us funny. :o

Pik: ...

zoqfotpik-sitting.gif

I was stuck for 12 hours at Sharm-El-Sheikh international airport in Egypt once. The whole terminal consisted of one hall with a coffee-corner/giftshop, only open during plane arrivals and departures. Now that was boring...

I was stuck for 12 hours at Sharm-El-Sheikh international airport in Egypt once. The whole terminal consisted of one hall with a coffee-corner/giftshop, only open during plane arrivals and departures. Now that was boring...

Havent really ever been stuck in a airport but I did spend eight hours in a petrol que in zimbabwe, eventually we just had to abandon the car as it was getting dark out, it didnt really matter about leaving the car there as you cant really steal a car with no fuel in it (unless you roll the car away but that makes you kind of inconspicous). All together I hate to think about how much of my life I have wasted In GOD DAMN petrol, bread, sugar, and milk que's.

well, I thought that was a pretty wierd plot too.. but I was quite astonished when I learned it was based on a true story .. and not just that .. a story about a guy, who till this day, has been stuck at Charles De Gaulle Aiport in France since 1988!! yes that's 16 years at an airport!!!  :thumbsup:

- Rosbjerg

Fot: We tried telling people it was based on a true story, but they just looked at us funny. :o

We should introduce the three of you to Gromnir. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

well, I thought that was a pretty wierd plot too.. but I was quite astonished when I learned it was based on a true story .. and not just that .. a story about a guy, who till this day, has been stuck at Charles De Gaulle Aiport in France since 1988!! yes that's 16 years at an airport!!!  :thumbsup:

- Rosbjerg

We should introduce the three of you to Gromnir. ^_^

Indeed. You don't post much anymore Jag, or have you just been in the KotOR2 forums?

these laws are also for protection in a way as people such as wanted men and terrorists would slip in easier if there was no pressure on having your papers, but these laws also are a hinderance as in this case the sad thing is not the laws but the fact that there is a need for such laws

these laws are also for protection in a way as people such as wanted men and terrorists would slip in easier if there was no pressure on having your papers, but these laws also are a hinderance as in this case the sad thing is not the laws but the fact that there is a need for such laws

I dunno...some might think it's sadder you actually BELIEVE there's a need for such laws... :thumbsup:"

I dunno...some might think it's sadder you actually BELIEVE there's a need for such laws... ;)"

Think through the possiblitiesif anyone could jump on a plane and go anywhere

I dunno...some might think it's sadder you actually BELIEVE there's a need for such laws... ;)"

Think through the possiblitiesif anyone could jump on a plane and go anywhere

I'm not talking about passports.

Passports = Good

Stupid stuff like this with absolutely no loophole in this type of event...and no resolution even when said event is widely acknowledged = Bad

Just my two cents.