Kotor expectation

Is KOTOR II ansewered your expactations?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is KOTOR II ansewered your expactations?

• Completely
    • Yah...
    • I was hoping something better
    • No

^

what he said

Did it meet my expectations? No

Did I feel ripped off or discouraged from purchasing it and playing it? Nope! Not at all!

I think Obsidian could have done alot of things better in the game but I wont hesitate for a single sec to suggest this game to my friends. Even tho it didnt meet my expectations, its better then ANY OTHER game title out there currently (PC or XBOX).

Did I feel ripped off or discouraged from purchasing it and playing it? Nope! Not at all!

I think Obsidian could have done alot of things better in the game but I wont hesitate for a single sec to suggest this game to my friends. Even tho it didnt meet my expectations, its better then ANY OTHER game title out there currently (PC or XBOX).

You lost all credibility when you suggested that KOTOR 2 is the best game on the market right now. I don't think anyone in the world would agree with that ignorance.

You lost all credibility when you suggested that KOTOR 2 is the best game on the market right now. I don't think anyone in the world would agree with that ignorance.

He's obviously a fanboy on crack. >_<"

manthing2.jpg

Well, don't get me wrong. KotOR 2 was an awesome game, but I thought it would be a hell of a lot better. And no way is it the best game on the market right now, that's pure bull****.

now that's pure bull****.

KotorII was in everyway better than the first and could out compete any other RPG out there.

well that's a matter of opinion, now isn't it? dumbass

Well, don't get me wrong. KotOR 2 was an awesome game, but I thought it would be a hell of a lot better. And no way is it the best game on the market right now, that's pure bull****.

now that's pure bull****.

KotorII was in everyway better than the first and could out compete any other RPG out there.

OMG, you've been smoking crack too, haven't you!?

ROFLMGDAO!

Yas know, being called a fanboi usually ticks me off. But this game is solid enough that thats fine, yuppers I am a fan of it!

Id far rather be a fan of the game because I enjoyed it and like it then some negative nag like Epiphany, moaning and groaning and creating fictional complaints just so I can bash the game some more!

As I said above, did it meet my expectaions? Nope it didnt! (I wanted larger and more areas, I wanted a better ending, I wanted to blow up GoTo into a thousand little peices and then melt it so no record of it ever existed)

Still a great game and best RPG on the market at this time (or since KotOR1 released). Far and away the best RPG of 2004! Nothing out there even compares or comes close!

So if you really call that being a fanboi, welp guess you have a pretty liberal veiw of what fanboi's really are! LOL!!!!!

Not surprised tho, reading the complaints about game have been rather humorous! Most complaints stem from anal retentive players that take the EU FAR FAR FAR to literal and need to get a life, or from those with reading disorders and couldnt figure out simplistic quests like Jedi Redemption and Talos feul quest (cough cough Epiphany cough cough).

LOL, so from where I sit, if thats the worst people can say and create, thats a pretty damn good record Obsidian has for the game!

Id far rather be a fan of the game because I enjoyed it and like it then some negative nag like Epiphany, moaning and groaning and creating fictional complaints just so I can bash the game some more!

My complaints aren't fictional. If you had the reading comprehension of a monkey, you'd realize that everything I've complained about, many, many other people on these forums have also complained about.

Still a great game and best RPG on the market at this time (or since KotOR1 released). Far and away the best RPG of 2004! Nothing out there even compares or comes close!

Best of 04? Let's see, what was the competition. Sudeki and Fable... hmmm BOY WHAT A BOAT LOAD OF GAMES TO GO UP AGAINST.

So if you really call that being a fanboi, welp guess you have a pretty liberal veiw of what fanboi's really are! LOL!!!!!

I have the point of view that you're an idiot, for claiming this game surpasses the first "in every way". The framerate is worse, the AI is worse, the random item placement wasn't thought out like in Icewind Dale, several force powers are useless, some force powers don't work, their is no true difference between the various jedi classes, the game is unbalanced (read: way too easy even on hard), it's a monty hall experience right out of the box, the areas are underdeveloped, the influence system is twisted and broken, and there was a serious lack of effort put in to the final third of this game.

Not surprised tho, reading the complaints about game have been rather humorous! Most complaints stem from anal retentive players that take the EU FAR FAR FAR to literal and need to get a life, or from those with reading disorders and couldnt figure out simplistic quests like Jedi Redemption and Talos feul quest (cough cough Epiphany cough cough).

Actually, dumbass... I've never complained about those quests. Perhaps you should, before typing some idiocy, take a moment to do some research. See, while you claim I make up "fictional complaints", you actually make up a fictional arguement to further your weak point of view. The only quest I've ever mentioned that was broken is the escaped criminal quest from Telos (or "Talos by your standards). You do not confront them on the planet surface.

LOL, so from where I sit, if thats the worst people can say and create, thats a pretty damn good record Obsidian has for the game!

Yeah, considering you have read two threads on this forum, by the looks of your uninformed post regarding complaints by other users.

Try again won't ya? If you do:

1) Bring some type of intelligent arguement

2) Bring facts

3) Leave your make believe stories at home, for bed time with your mother

Try again won't ya?  If you do:

1) Bring some type of intelligent arguement

2) Bring facts

3) Leave your make believe stories at home, for bed time with your mother

LOL!

1) Leats see,! Oh ya! You were saying in a different thread I was a 10 year old! So im guessing your NOT saying to use you as a example! Good Advice!

2) Again, dont follow your lead! Point taken and understood!

3) Ouch! Anouther poor insult attempt! Seriously, you seem to have a preoccupation with 10 year olds and mothers! Are you trying to say something here? And you do know what your suggesting is illegal right? Please go back to your newsgroups and leave your pediphile fantasies off the boards! *cringes* some people just are to strange for words!

LOL!

1) Leats see,! Oh ya! You were saying in a different thread I was a 10 year old! So im guessing your NOT saying to use you as a example! Good Advice!

2) Again, dont follow your lead! Point taken and understood!

3) Ouch! Anouther poor insult attempt! Seriously, you seem to have a preoccupation with 10 year olds and mothers! Are you trying to say something here? And you do know what your suggesting is illegal right? Please go back to your newsgroups and leave your pediphile fantasies off the boards! *cringes* some people just are to strange for words!

Funny part is, you are still unable to prove anything you've said. The only thing you can do is run around touting about how KOTOR 2 is the best game on the market right now.

You provide no examples, when people point out your flawed view, you make up arguements in order to try and avoid the issue. Much like you've just done.

Face it, you're either:

1) An utterly blind fanboy on crack

2) Someone that's trying to justify their purchase of a crap game by coming to the forums and talking big about it.

You're all alone in your little crusade.

Seriously, you seem to have a preoccupation with 10 year olds and mothers! Are you trying to say something here? And you do know what your suggesting is illegal right?

Oddly enough, we know where your pathetic mind is...

"Bed time with your mother" following a comment about stories... Hmmm What conclusion would someone that wasn't a pervert pull from that?

Oh yeah, you know, when you go to bed and your mother reads your stories...

sick ****

If not, what had you hoped be in KOTOR II and what displeased you?

as a huge fan of the first kotor, i was really looking forward to its sequel. although i feel that kotor2 is not nearly as polished a game as it should be, i have to admit the game is still pretty damn good.

one of the main additions to the game that i was hoping for, being able to play non-human jedi, never materialized. let's hope that enough of us complain about this omission, and that such a feature is included in the next installment. this is really the only thing i felt was left out of the game.

unfortunately, some things weren't left out that should have been. the game just feels choppy at times, especially during fights. it's not uncommon for the entire game to slow to a crawl during a battle, or for one of your characters to suddenly teleport to the other side of the room. also, their were a few times i found myself stuck within a piece of the scenery (boulder, doorway, crate), and i can't remember that ever happening in the first game.

all in all, i would still recommend kotor2 to anyone who was a fan of the first. the game may have an unfinished feel to it, but it's still great fun and great story. i think those kids at obsidian did a hell of a job with the sequel. hopefully the third installment will be even better.