The List of Continuity Mistakes

CONTINUITY IS NOT CANON.

That's definitely the truth.

And as such, I absolutely love how Lucas himself will happily sweep that stuff away to put forth his OWN ideas for his OWN story.

I look at EU and such as entertainment, and nothing more. SW has been changed around before, and it'll be changed around again. As long as it's Lucas doing the house-cleaning, I don't mind. When other people try to turn it into their own story, that's when it's no longer Star Wars.

And as far as comics go, hahah... I have the first 8 issues of the ORIGINAL Star Wars comics around here somewhere. And you know what? They have absolutely NOTHING to do with the story per se.

Even the Empire Strikes Back super sized comic I have is different from the movie.

I got KOTOR for enjoyment purposes and thought it would be neat to play in an era that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the typical Star War storyline. I got tired of interacting and being a vicarious hero in a time where the actions my in-game persona really amounted to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.

I could have cared less if KOTOR was "factual" or not. I'd assumed it wasn't given Lucas didn't write it himself. And knowing that, I figured if he ever got around to doing so, it'd all be changed anyway so it was no big deal.

Argue all you want, he's already done that with the prequels. I'm sure it's not the last time he'll do that. :thumbsup:"

This discussion is pointless. Utterly and completely pointless.

Warning: Entering Rant Mode

Nuke, your argument technique is weak and amateurish at best. When others find fault with your logic, you ignore it completely and keep driving home a point that doesn't exist. Go back through the posts, read what people are actually writing and DEFEND YOURSELF instead of repeating the same pathetic mewlings about continuity. Your credibility is vastly undermined when you state a blatant mistruth as pointed out by ALANC9 a few pages back regarding Canderous never stating that he descended in his wardroid.

Perhaps you feel that you can claim to preach the gospel of continuity to us "unenlightend" masses. No. This is a pitifully transparent ego trip just for Dath Nuke. Chris Avellone, developer of the game, personally comes to this post and responds to queries. You proceed to personally bash the guy, citing Attitude Problems and that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

When you lower yourself to that level, you have truly failed to prove anything other than your own ineptitude. Don't even think of labelling me a fanboy for "defending" a developer, if you do, I'll let your post count speak for itself.

Don't try to refer people to other forums to cover your pathetic arguments. I don't care if I'd learn something of continuity on another forum. We are on -this- forum. If you can't prove something to me here, then clearly I'd only be wasting my time by going there, assuming you are a typical specimen of the debaters on these other forums.

I personally don't care about the Basilisk War Droid as seen in the game. I don't care what others think about the subject either. What I do care about is when you bash Chris Avellone. My reasons? Developer interaction on this board is already close to nonexistent, and posts like yours do nothing but DISCOURAGE further interaction.

I know this might come as a startling revelation, Spock, but here I go: There are those on this board who have numerous gameplay issues and questions that they'd like to discuss with the developers that don't involve getting your panties in a knot over fictitious space robots seen in a Star Wars comic book. Perhaps your shortsided and blandly predictable postings crippled your awareness of this fact, or perhaps your ego was too big to see that citing developers' attitude problems and cluelessness was disadvantageous for all involved?

I'm sure that it's impossible for me to reach one as stubbornly prideful as you, but I'll be damned if I didn't try.

Hehe, yeah. Better not argue about fictious space robots too much or the real ones might come and shove you down the stairs. You do seem to be dangerously knowledgeable about the terrible secret of space. Oh, and I agree that scaring away the little dev presence we have he is probably not a great idea.

I think most of the fans have their own continuity which consist of things selectively picked up from published sources. For me, it's early EU (roughly anything of EU published up to 2 years before TPM) minus some sillier comic book stories, combined with the later stuff I consider good. There's even some things in the movies I choose to ignore or at least not think much about.

SODOFF Steam group.

Nice try but your wrong about that one. Especially when it hurtles through space, looks like its about to crash and pulls up at the very last second.

What the f**k does that have to do with anything? Who said anything about "how totally awesome it looked hurtling through space, looking like its about crash and up pulls up at the last second"?

Yeah, sure it was cool the way it completely defied the laws of physics. Everything was cool about it except the way the "droid" itself looked. What I was implying was that there were most likely very few, if any, gamers that saw a box with wings in their mind's eye. And from what I've read so far, people are not too happy about the way Obsidian made the Basilisk War Droid look. What Obsidian manifested was more of a drop pod than a war droid.

Lesson of the day, speak for yourself dont presume to speak for othes unless you can back it up with some evidence.

Are you pissed that I assumed that everyone, you included, didn't imagine a Basilisk War Droid would look like that or did you really think that is exactly the way it should look?

And from what I've read so far, people are not too happy about the way Obsidian made the Basilisk War Droid look.

Obviously you have been doing some selective reading. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And from what I've read so far, people are not too happy about the way Obsidian made the Basilisk War Droid look.

Obviously you have been doing some selective reading. :devil:

I have noticed than more that just couple of members have expressed displeasure in the way Obsidian made the "Basilisk War 'Droid'" look. Why are you and "keyboard-up-is-a**" ShadowPalpitine so up-idy about people stating that other people share the same opinion.

But I now see the errors of my ways. I sincerely apologize for refering to those members as "people."

My most Sincerest Apology EVER expressed,

Jamin Koehn, a.k.a. "Jambo"

What the f**k does that have to do with anything? Who said anything about "how totally awesome it looked hurtling through space, looking like its about crash and up pulls up at the last second"?

Yeah, sure it was cool the way it completely defied the laws of physics. Everything was cool about it except the way the "droid" itself looked. What I was implying was that there were most likely very few, if any, gamers that saw a box with wings in their mind's eye. And from what I've read so far, people are not too happy about the way Obsidian made the Basilisk War Droid look. What Obsidian manifested was more of a drop pod than a war droid.

Are you pissed that I assumed that everyone, you included, didn't imagine a Basilisk War Droid would look like that or did you really think that is exactly the way it should look?

Because it's part of the description Canderous gives in the first game. What it looks like is not as important as it actually doing the sort of thing it was supposed to do.

No I was just bothered that you had the audacity to back up your opinion with a lie to give it more weight. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

But I now see the errors of my ways. I sincerely apologize for refering to those members as "people."
1. Darth Nuke

2. Jambo

:p

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Because it's part of the description Canderous gives in the first game. What it looks like is not as important as it actually doing the sort of thing it was supposed to do.

No I was just bothered that you had the audacity to back up your opinion with a lie to give it more weight.  :)

What it looks like is important, but you are correct, it did function as canderous said it would. It dropped straight from orbit like he said, butIt was just extremely disappointing because, well, it doesn't look like a droid. With exception of expert droid like T3-M4 and GO-TO and the like, the other droids tend to look like something. Whether it be humanoid or insect-like or somewhat resembling a living creature. The "Basilisk War Droid" depicted in KotOR 2 does not resemble anything...Well, okay, okay, I take that back. I does look like a school bus...and that's...um...something.

Yeah, sure it was cool the way it completely defied the laws of physics.

Almost everything in SW defies the laws of physics. Or are lightsabers and hyperspace possible? <_<

Duh! Who doesn't already know that? I threw that in to just for the hell of it...and to see if someone would give a rebuttal. Honestly, I really don't care that half of the things that occur in the Star Wars Universe defy the laws of physics. That just makes thing more interesting, more entertaining.

With exception of expert droid like T3-M4 and GO-TO and the like, the other droids tend to look like something. Whether it be humanoid or insect-like or somewhat resembling a living creature.

No. Quit pulling stuff out of your ass.

With exception of expert droid like T3-M4 and GO-TO and the like, the other droids tend to look like something. Whether it be humanoid or insect-like or somewhat resembling a living creature.

No. Quit pulling stuff out of your ass.

But regardless its a droid, meaning its capable of operating on its own.

What is on TSL is a ship, it does not look capable of acting on its one and movement appears to be flying like a ship.

In a way its a loss, that part could have put us in a mini game like the Turret back in the ebon hawk gunning down tank droids just to show the firepower those things are capable off.

So much potencial ... wasted ...

drakron.png

OMG, finally a reply from someone who is neither insulting nor disagreeing with me. My wish came true. But seriously, I share your opinion in that the Basilisk War Box is more of a ship than a droid. Your reply really sums up my opinion of it. Apparently, I'm not very good at expressing myself.

What is on TSL is a ship, it does not look capable of acting on its one and movement appears to be flying like a ship.

That's guessing.

It is a droid ship and they have been used many times in the history of Star Wars EU. Not a big deal their. Hell in the Dark Empire comics they had dark side droid ships that were empowered by the consciousness of actual Imperial Fighter pilots.

What was the point of this thread?

The one major itch that got to me throughout the whole Battledroid argument was that people were referring to the Kotor2/StealthBWD as the Virago, stating that the "normal" BWD would destroy the virago in seconds or that the virago is crap etc. The point is, it may look like a virago, but it is not a virago. Although I've never played kotor2, that misconception really got to me. and if anyone tries to argue with me, let me make it somewhat more airtight: obsidian submitted a modified virago design as a BWD, they did not submit a virago as a BWD. hope I made my point clear.

obsidian submitted a modified virago design as a BWD, they did not submit a virago as a BWD. hope I made my point clear.

Hey, great detective work, Sherlock! I'm pretty sure that a good number of us realize that. No one every said that it WAS a Viraga. Some people just chose to refer to it as such because it looks so much more like a Virage than a Basilisk War Droid. On side note, if you haven't even played the game yet, how the hell would you know what it looks like? I mean, for all you know, it could be IDENTICAL to a Virago, right down to the last detail. Maybe you should play the game so your arguement will carry more weight. Or maybe so you can at least put up a good arguement.

No one every said that it WAS a Viraga.

I mean, for all you know, it could be IDENTICAL to a Virago, right down to the last detail. Maybe you should play the game so your arguement will carry more weight. Or maybe so you can at least put up a good arguement.

Don't contradict yourself. You say that it's not similar and it's been said before by people who have played the game. He's obviously seen the other posts and inferred. You don't need to play the game to find out about the BWD if you have read the past pages.