The List of Continuity Mistakes

Dart Nuke

I don't know if I should cry or laugh .. I mean isn't this becomming a tad anal??

we are talking about something that appears for a few seconds in a game .. why are you taking it personally? I remember you screamed 'bloody murder' over The Valley of the Sith Lords some months ago .. until the point where people just found you annoying! are you going for a second run?? if so, good job!!

Fortune favors the bald.

I do whatever suits me ;)

Now Christopher is having a little bit of an attitude problem, but I think he understands that he made some mistakes. That's one man that doesn't like to be pushed into a corner no matter how bad the ending is. (w00t)

It's doesn't really matter what the Basilisk looks like, but why a Virago over a redesign? Why steal a ship from SOTE and throw it into the game.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

*sigh* .. ahh the fanatic, of which there is no reasoning with!

let me put this in your logic then! LA .. your God .. has approved of Mr. Avellone's actions and until (which is probably unlikely) they pull it back you have to accept it!! until then .. you are, by your own fanatical, religious and zealous stupidity, obliged to believe in his designs .. since your God, had approved it!

just in case you didnt' get it:

let me put this in your logic then! LA .. your God .. has approved of Mr. Avellone's actions and until (which is probably unlikely) they pull it back you have to accept it!! until then .. you are, by your own fanatical, religious and zealous stupidity, obliged to believe in his designs .. since your God, had approved it!

ok?

Fortune favors the bald.

*sigh* .. ahh the fanatic, of which there is no reasoning with!

just in case you didnt' get it:

ok?

I hope you learn how continuity works one day. LA ain't ****, because LFL has to fix all the problems. They are the God.

Mr. Christopher had a Virago starfighter approved as a Basilisk War Droid. At the time of the game it might actually have become the BWD, but then the Mandalorian Article came and made the Beast the BWD and the Virago a Stealth model. That's how the world turns in continuity in Star Wars. The continuity people at LFL see a continuity problem like the Basilisk, and have it fixed. Unfortuatly the Stealth model didn't come out on top. Sorry.

You'd be surprised at how things can change. Perhaps soon you should get Tales 23 with a KOTOR comic. IT's about the Great Hunt, and it leads to Korriban, the Valley of the Dark Lords. But take a good guess and WHICH Valley is used.

Of course this is a few months away, but the same thing can happen to the Basilisk, and the Virago won't even exist. There is a balance of power in Star Wars, and sometimes the Novels and Comics beat the games. ;)

in all honesty I prefer the comic valley of the sith .. but I don't care that Bioware made their own version .. because I know that in the end what I remember and what I believe is what matters .. since you get what you take from a story!

so I was trying to tell you, in an insulting kind of way, to relax .. and take it easy, since in the end it won't even matter! because Obsidian isn't considered the SW bible source .. so their War Droid will never gain a 'majority vote' so to say ..

hence they aren't wrong! they just made their own version in their own version of the universe! I consider games and books like a "based on" rather than "part of" .. hence I won't flip out when someone does something I don't like, I just disregard it and make my own version .. voila problem solved (for me)

Fortune favors the bald.

I hope you learn how  continuity  works one day. LA ain't ****, because LFL has to fix all the problems. They are the God.

Screw continuity, Kotor 2's basilisk is much better than that ugly beast. anyway SW continuity is one big mess what Obsidian and Bioware did to it is really good work

Not as much a mess as it used to be. Most of if not all the continuity problems have been fixed, or will be fixed.

and please call it, Ungly POWERFUL beast. Though I really wouldn't call the Virago better looking. I think a redesign with the same idea would have been a much better choice. I hope that with KOTOR 3 the beast will get a redesign, because I feel it has better entertainment and idea value.

The Basilisk War Droid in KOTOR2 looked cool. I don't see what the fuss is about. Chris Avellone, the LEAD DEVELOPER of this game, has come onto these forums to explain himself to you, and all you have done is flame him. He was discussing an aspect of the game with fans and you pushed him away. I don't blame him if he doesn't answer more posts in the future, with people like you on these forums.

It is just a game, it's not a matter of life or death. Get over it. Case closed.

The fact it looks like a space craft and not a mutant lobster is all that matters.

A Basilisk isn't a space craft, it's a beast.

I found some more proof that the intention of KOTOR's version was to be the Beast as well.

Canderous said he rode his Basilisk into battle, and yes that has been said before. Never once does he speak of riding IN his Basilisk.

The pc has the option of saying, "You dropped into a battle RIDING a DROID." Clue number 2.

Canderous then talks about HIS ARMOR, "MY ARMOR," glowing red hot because of the heat of reentry. Not the Basilisk outer armor, HIS ARMOR.

So clearly Bioware's intentions were the Beast.

The fact it looks like a space craft and not a mutant lobster is all that matters.

A Basilisk isn't a space craft, it's a beast.

I found some more proof that the intention of KOTOR's version was to be the Beast as well.

Canderous said he rode his Basilisk into battle, and yes that has been said before. Never once does he speak of riding IN his Basilisk.

The pc has the option of saying, "You dropped into a battle RIDING a DROID." Clue number 2.

Canderous then talks about HIS ARMOR, "MY ARMOR," glowing red hot because of the heat of reentry. Not the Basilisk outer armor, HIS ARMOR.

So clearly Bioware's intentions were the Beast.

No. They said in KOTOR1 it was a droid, ie. 'Basilisk War Droid'. Canderous tells this to you when you discuss the subject with him. A Basilisk is a droid. A droid a Basilisk is. Droid.

And a Mandalore isn't a Mandalore without the mask/helmet. I doubt the Mandalorian in question would have sent HK to kill a pretender, and HK seems to note Mandalore's skill in his defeat. "He was Mandalore afterall.

We already know from KotOR 1 that there was at least one Mandalore pretender (he sent the Mandalorians to Kashyyk). If Mandalorians call him Mandalore, then he is Mandalore, in a sense. You'd still have to have a great deal of skill to claim the title, especially without the helmet.

HK-47 actually states that: "You created me shortly after you and your apprentice began your war to conquer the galaxy." While it's conceivable that HK-47 doesn't see the Mandalorian war and the Jedi Civil War as separate conflicts, that's kind of a tortured reading.

The simplest reading of KotOR 1 is that HK-47 saying the exact truth. HK-47 was created after Revan began the Jedi Civil War. He fought a Mandalorian pretender, not M-t-U -- who had already died at Revan's hand.

Anyway, what does any of this have to do with KotOR 2? There's no new information on this subject at all.

And no, Canderous doesn't specifically say that M-t-U died at Malachor V. It's a possible interpretation of his words, but not the only possibility.

Err.... how about:

" We would travel from world to world, and descend on it in our Basilisk war droids."

Not on. In.

After carfully looking at the War droid in game and the bug from internet and the info from your posts I must say i like the KOTOR 2 version much much better and it would kick the bugs ass any day.

a couple of reasons:

- A war droid using its claws and all in space combat? common this isnt transformers we are playing.

- tho madelorian armour might be strong and all i still find it no way near strong enough looking to withstand space travel let alone decending towards a planet, thus the idea of a blood thirsty Mandalorian ontop of a droid is just urg stupid (IMHO)

- Its a war droid not a war bug.

- The bugs cigars in his mouth (or are those supposed to be somekind of weapon?) do not add to his cool factor.

- Even if you give the bug a death star laser to fire from his ass he cant shoot what he can not see, thus cloacked droid squashes bug.

- If they used the bug in the game i could not have used it i didnt have a space suit nor this magical madelorian armour or the ability to use heavy armour if i did have it, thus its a good thing i could use somthing that had somekind of a ****pit even better was that i could bring two other party members with me.

- Bugs give me the kreeps and i tend to squash them with my boot.( would have needed a very large boot if the bug was in game)

Do know that this is all IMHO

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

What sort of idiot has possibly the ultimate warrior race riding around on a giant mutant lobster? (in other words who came up with the bug idea?)

Then again Bobba Fett did fly around in a giant steam iron....

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'd never seen the supposed What-a-Basilisk-is-meant-to-look-like until I saw the forum threads moaning about the Basilisk not being "correct" and nor had I ever heard of a Virago (sp? what was it again?) fighter until I looked here.

All I know is when that hangar door opened I went "COOL!"

I think a lot of it was in the angle of the shot in the cutscene: very well placed.

Re-used model or not I think it worked pretty well (though I was expecting the gunnery to be bigger). It looks better than the weird thingy with arms dangling off it, which is just silly.

What sort of idiot has possibly the ultimate warrior race riding around on a giant mutant lobster? (in other words who came up with the bug idea?)

It's not all bug, the front part is modeled after a Zalorian Rock-Lion.

It was acutally a good idea if you think about it. A crazy bad ass Mandalorian race riding droids in space battles, reentering atmo with just their armor, and such. The beast show's the insanity of the Mandalorians. Shows how they will take risk for the glory and fun of battle.

A lot better than just flying in a Starfighter.

It's not all bug, the front part is modeled after a Zalorian Rock-Lion.

It was acutally a good idea if you think about it. A crazy bad ass Mandalorian race riding droids in space battles, reentering atmo with just their armor, and such. The beast show's the insanity of the Mandalorians. Shows how they will take risk for the glory and fun of battle.

A lot better than just flying in a Starfighter.

The zelorian Rock lion must have relatives in the Bug family then :o

And on a side not riding a lion looking like a bug in battle and the turbulance of reentering the atmoshpere wouldnt a lot of madelorian drop from there bug uh i mean lion.

*Bug gets blasted and a madelarion drops from it* "man i knew i should have invested in a better sadle instead of a better radio for my bug"

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

The zelorian Rock lion must have relatives in the Bug family then  :o

And on a side not riding a lion looking like a bug in battle and the turbulance of reentering the atmoshpere wouldnt a lot of madelorian drop from there bug uh i mean lion.

*Bug gets blasted and a madelarion drops from it* "man i knew i should have invested in a better sadle instead of a better radio for my bug"

It's some sort of crap version of a hypogriff.

Body of a lion tail of a lobster (does that sound as dumb when you read it as when you type it?)

Why call it a basilisk ? A basilisk is a snake/lizzard or at least reptilian in nature.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]