The List of Continuity Mistakes

You know, the only exposure to Star Wars I have is the 2 games, the PnP games, the 5 movies, and the Timothy Zahn trilogy. My exposure to SW is somewhat limited but even I know that continuity has been and always will be a low priority in Star Wars, as well as in any large sci fi franchise.

Yeah, ok whatever, and no duh it's continuity. Still the Beast is the battle droid, and the Virago is the Stealth version. So if you need the battle droid next time, you'll no which one to use. I'm sure the Mandalorains won't want to go against the Sith in Stealth models. See I'm trying to help you Chris.

But again you avoid my question.

Why is it that you basically stole the Virago, and called it a Basilisk, instead of having the beast redesigned to look more modern and less stupid? Not a hard question to answer, unless of course you can't answer it.

Don't forget to answer how HK-47 can fight a dead man and lose?

This is a continuity thread Chris, and I would like you to answer the other continuity problems.

EDIT: "Uh... huh? All right, it's a poor fighter - where did that come from?"

Please don't challenge me on the power between a Basilisk and a Virago. All a Basilisk has to do is charge up it's generating rods, fire, and bye bye Virago. Such a beam can punch a hole in Capital Ships.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

and you might actually want to see this

BASILISK WAR DROID:

Looking like a cross between a Karran beetle and a Zalorian rock-lion, the Basilisk War Droids were created by the technologically minded Basiliskans, arrogant reptiloids who poisoned their own planet during the Battle of Basilisk. Afterward, the tech-hungry Mandalorians greedily looted countless war droids.

Loaded with shatter missile launchers, laser cannons, shockwave generating rods, and heavy brawling claws, a Mandalorian on his Basilisk is a formidable foe. The war mounts, operable in atmosphere and deep space come in a variety of specialized forms, including a stealth model and a two seater bomber.

It's a simple question.

Why a Virago over a redesign? Why a steal something from SOTE?

Oh,and no more Nagai or Tof references next time. Leave that which is to be discovered 4000 years in the future... 4000 years in the future.

You seem tense Chris, it's just a thread for fun.

Why is it that you basically stole the Virago, and called it a Basilisk, instead of having the beast redesigned to look more modern and less stupid? Not a hard question to answer, unless of course you can't answer it.

As a fan of the TotJ series, this too I would like to know Mr. Avellone (using slightly less harsh language of course).

o:)

manthing2.jpg

So if you want to argue LucasArts aesthetics vs. the old LucasArts aesthetics, go ahead. Call them about K1. Call them about K2. Do not hesitate. Tell them of the horrible, bloody crimes being committed in their backyard, which they have seen, yet somehow must be mistaken in their decisions. Tell them what fools they are for making that decision and how Star Wars historical accuracy has been ruined for you, sullied, dragged through the dirt. Tell them how it has crippled their reputation in your eyes for centuries, and how it has left a wound in the Force - a wound that echoes still. I think that only then will they see that what they have done is wrong... and that the balance in the Force must be rectified.

LOL, oh my god, I love you. That was hilarious.

As a fan of the TotJ series, this too I would like to know Mr. Avellone (using slightly less harsh language of course).

o:)

It's not a hard question to answer. Chris could have easly redesigned the creature for the KOTOR games. Perhaps getting rid of the bug parts, and settling for perhaps a more full lion form, and still keeping the mighty parts that make a Basilisk a Basilisk.

So if you want to argue LucasArts aesthetics vs. the old LucasArts aesthetics, go ahead. Call them about K1. Call them about K2. Do not hesitate. Tell them of the horrible, bloody crimes being committed in their backyard, which they have seen, yet somehow must be mistaken in their decisions. Tell them what fools they are for making that decision and how Star Wars historical accuracy has been ruined for you, sullied, dragged through the dirt. Tell them how it has crippled their reputation in your eyes for centuries, and how it has left a wound in the Force - a wound that echoes still. I think that only then will they see that what they have done is wrong... and that the balance in the Force must be rectified.

LOL, oh my god, I love you. That was hilarious.

I don't see what the big deal is here. Chris doesn't like something, he steals SOTE design, LA's approves it, and it's put into the game as a basilisk. LFL comes along and approves Mandalorian Article and everything in it including Beast Basilisk. So Beast remains dominant Basilisk, the war droid. The Virago becomes the Stealth version.

Everythings fine, the question is, why a Virago and not a redesign?

It's not a hard question to answer. Chris could have easly redesigned the creature for the KOTOR games. Perhaps getting rid of the bug parts, and settling for perhaps a more full lion form, and still keeping the mighty parts that make a Basilisk a Basilisk.

Oh boy... look, I'm a nice big SW geek myself (otherwise I'd never have drawn fanart or re-edited those KoTOR2 sound files), but I can see why they chose the sleeker look of the in-game Basilisk over the ... illustration there.

If we could see it in terms of pure aesthetics, the ship they made is much more pleasing to the eye than a hulking animal robot. I mean, I thought the cutscene when it zooms down to Iziz was pretty cool. A lot of people playing these games aren't going to be consulting their Star Wars Compendium while going through each step of the game. Star Wars in general is chock full of continuity errors, so it's not like poor Chris here is starting a trend or something. Plus, if I were him I'd be a tad insulted that you keep implying that he "stole" a design. So what if it has a passing resemblance to the Virago? I thought Nihilus' ship looked like a big star destroyer, but I'm not gonna scream bloody murder because they "stole" the design. Which they didn't.

Also, I don't really think a beast machine would really go with the rest of the tech in the game, from a visual standpoint. We've seen star destroyer-looking things, slick ships, frigates, etc, that don't have the organic look that the war droid has. Having someone leaping around in some kind of Voltron tiger looking thing, no matter how modern it's redesigned, will just make it look like a jedi riding rainbow brite's pony.

Please just give it up. Please. :lol:

Oh boy... look, I'm a nice big SW geek myself (otherwise I'd never have drawn fanart or re-edited those KoTOR2 sound files), but I can see why they chose the sleeker look of the in-game Basilisk over the ... illustration there.

If we could see it in terms of pure aesthetics, the ship they made is much more pleasing to the eye than a hulking animal robot. I mean, I thought the cutscene when it zooms down to Iziz was pretty cool. A lot of people playing these games aren't going to be consulting their Star Wars Compendium while going through each step of the game. Star Wars in general is chock full of continuity errors, so it's not like poor Chris here is starting a trend or something. Plus, if I were him I'd be a tad insulted that you keep implying that he "stole" a design. So what if it has a passing resemblance to the Virago? I thought Nihilus' ship looked like a big star destroyer, but I'm not gonna scream bloody murder because they "stole" the design. Which they didn't.

Also, I don't really think a beast machine would really go with the rest of the tech in the game, from a visual standpoint. We've seen star destroyer-looking things, slick ships, frigates, etc, that don't have the organic look that the war droid has. Having someone leaping around in some kind of Voltron tiger looking thing, no matter how modern it's redesigned, will just make it look like a jedi riding rainbow brite's pony.

Please just give it up. Please. :lol:

I really wouldn't call it a passing resemblance. It practically is a Virago Star Fighter, just called a Basilisk War Droid.

Chris took everything away that made Basilisk a Basilisk. See some things are just continuity, and the Basilisk War Droid as shown in the Article seems to be what a Basilisk War Droid is.

A Basilisk is a powerful beast that is like a best friend to a Mandalorian, quite smart on their own, and are powerful enough to take down capital ships. These are intrigueing facts on a Basilisk that the Virago doesn't support.

In a way you have more creative ideas for the beast in a story than a Virago. Mandalorians could RIDE into battle against the Sith. Kinda compares to Rohirrim.

Lets say in KOTOR 3 there's a huge fleet battle that the Mandalorian are apart of. The Mandalorians are small in force, unless of course Canderous gets every Man from the Mandalorian sector, and will need to make an impact. The Beast can kick ass, and destroy ships in a suitable amount of time. You can also do some cool stuff in an FMV movie of the Beast in a fleet battle. You can have Beast use their claws against Sith fighters, have the GR's blow sith ships to hell, and have little entertaining moments of Mandalore riding and kicking ass.

The Virago just doesn't hold up.

EDIT: Or how about a cool scene of the Mandalorians entering a planets atmo on their Basilisk. Armor glowing red, as it's their only protection, as they reenter the atmo. Cool ****.

What can a Virago do save fire at ships. Wow.

Stupid or not, as a creative decision(of course I'm not dev, and my ideas are crap) I would choose the beast if you using the Basilisk is Battle. More entertaining and a lot of idea value.

Redesign it, keep it a beast, send it out, and cool's things can happen.

What can a Virago do save fire at ships. Wow.

Which it didn't even need to do. The Basilisk's only real function in the game was to serve as a transport to Iziz... the cutscene is over so fast that there's no need for it to do anything crazy. It flew to Iziz, shot a bit at the cannons, and then landed. Done. There's no need to focus so much on the ship when the ground battle is supposed to be the important moment in the game...

Of course, but when it comes time for KOTOR 3 a Virago isnt' gonna pass. The Mandalorians are known for doing some crazy ****, and doing that stuff on Beast War Droid is cool. Some great entertainment value can come out of the beast if used in multiple numbers in KOTOR 3.

Of course this all depends on the return to Mandalore, and what Candy cane's been doing these past few months/years(depends on KOTOR 3)

Sometimes its good they break continuity as in this case because that basilisk creature thing looks outrages ridiculous and belongs in some comic book not a stars wars game  :blink:

Yeah... Nuke should try posting a Poll to see how many people prefer one design over the other....

I understand what you mean envida and Shadowpaladin.

But in that case it would be the lesser of two evils to re-design the "goofy" version and simply break Tales of the the Jedi continutiy. Instead, what we have here is the re-using/stealing a pre-existing design which not only breaks TotJ continutiy, but also breaks known Shadows of the Empire continuity as well.

manthing2.jpg

Neither of them look like the thing in the hanger. I'm glad they didnt use the flying lobster it just looks incredibly stupid.

The Front part looks cool the lobster part looks bad.. maybe if it had more of a wolf body or something.

lol@chris phone call suggestion

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Do jaguars4ever you listen! I wouldn't care less if the Basilisk looked like in TotJ or not. KotOR doesn't follow that style anyways so what would be the point? Copying Virago is weird, however and it is the Virago:

Virago.jpg

Well, the wingtips are different, but the front view resemblance is quite uncanny.

I wouldn't take the claims that the Basilisks were supposed to take on whole fleets alone that seriously. Mandalorians got beaten by some Onderonian beast riders and a couple of Republic warships after all.

SODOFF Steam group.