The List of Continuity Mistakes

Problem is that the Mandalorian Article define's the Basilisk as a beast. You should read the article by Abel G. Pena sometime. Good Mandalorian info ,and I believe they say the Basilisk in KOTOR 2 was a Stealth version, not a battle droid.

So as far as I'm concerned the Beast still exist, and I would hope that some respect would come into the fold next time you need a Basilisk in a game. Some people, like myself, might actually like the beast. I mean would it have been nice of you to have redesigned the beast so it still looked like the beast, but less stupid? Or was completely copying a Virago Star Fighter the way to go?

It's not a matter of changing things, it's a matter of not having respect for other peoples stuff. Star Wars has a messy continuity, but a continuity that is fixed and patched up most of the time. If there's a problem, it's usually fixed.

But enough of Basilisk. Tell me Chris, how does HK fight Mandalore the Ultimate when he's dead?

[bISIMAGE]Ruleslawyer[/bISIMAGE]

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Problem is that the Mandalorian Article define's the Basilisk as a beast. You should read the article by Abel G. Pena sometime. Good Mandalorian info ,and I believe they say the Basilisk in KOTOR 2 was a Stealth version, not a battle droid.

So as far as I'm concerned the Beast still exist, and I would hope that some respect would come into the fold next time you need a Basilisk in a game. Some people, like myself, might actually like the beast. I mean would it have been nice of you to have redesigned the beast so it still looked like the beast, but less stupid? Or was completely copying a Virago Star Fighter the way to go?

It's not a matter of changing things, it's a matter of not having respect for other peoples stuff. Star Wars has a messy continuity, but a continuity that is fixed and patched up most of the time. If there's a problem, it's usually fixed.

But enough of Basilisk. Tell me Chris, how does HK fight Mandalore the Ultimate when he's dead?

HK fights Mandalore? what, when where? is this somthing that happend in kotor2 that i missed?

Back on your reply, if you mean mandelore in kotor 2 is deas so could not be there i suggest you spend sopme more time with him ingame and get his story.

If you mean somthing else ignore my rambling.

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

Isn't it a continuity mistake that a "true" Sith Empire exists during the time of Kotor2? And here I don't think of the legend, that it has been totally smashed in the Hyperspace War, but rather of the story of Exar Kun and Ulic QuelDroma.

These two guys had been declared as the last Sith Lords by the ghosts of the former great Sith Lord Marka Ragnos and others. As the heirs of the Sith idea they should reestablish the old glory of the Sith and restore the Sith Empire (not to mention here that they failed).

And there is the problem. I think it is implausible that these ghosts shouldn't have known about an already existing Sith Empire, because time and space is not a bound for a Sith ghost like Ragnos or the one who persued Kun. And please don't say, that they simply weren't saying Kun the truth...

Well, it's likely that they'll just change the events of ToJ like they already have done.

As I've said before, the "Sith War" as presented in the comics wasn't a war, it was a couple of battles and was over in a week. Also, KotOR presents Kun as an immensely powerful Sith Lord that made the ground "tremble". Not exactly like the pansy we were treated to in the comics is it?

Also, you could just say they were lying. No-one's going to suspect the Sith Empire still exists if you have Kun and Ulic trying to "re-establish the dead Sith Empire" are you?

Perfect cover up imho.

HK fights Mandalore? what, when where? is this somthing that happend in kotor2 that i missed?

Back on your reply, if you mean mandelore in kotor 2 is deas so could not be there i suggest you spend sopme more time with him ingame and get his story.

If you mean somthing else ignore my rambling.

HK tells his story about his battle against Mandalore in KOTOR. He was sent to Mandalorian Space for a mission, and was captured by a Mandalorian. This Mandalorian reprogrammed HK to go kill Mandalore. Mandalore kicked HK's ass, and sent him back to kill the traitor Mandalorian.

This was the last mission HK was sent on. OF course none of this could have happened if HK was built after Malachor.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

And there is the problem. I think it is implausible that these ghosts shouldn't have known about an already existing Sith Empire, because time and space is not a bound for a Sith ghost like Ragnos or the one who persued Kun. And please don't say, that they simply weren't saying Kun the truth...

Why not? It's not like lying is out of character for the Sith.

I think it's quite heavely implied that Mandalore the Ultimate died at Malachor.

Where is it implied? By who?

If you're going to set yourself up as a continuty expert, Nuke, you're going to have to deliver the goods.

Edit: Canderous flatly says "When Revan executed Mandalore before our eyes, he cast Mandalore's helmet away, denied it to us."

Game and Article imply that when Mandalore the Ultimate died, the Mandalorian Wars ended. And according to both KOTOR and KOTOR 2, the Mandalorian Wars ended at Malachor V. So it's not hard to put two and two together, and I also think it's flat out said that he died at Malachor. I'll have to check.

You imply that he lived. That means he was alive during the Jedi Civil War, becaus HK was sent out to fight him during that time. I thought it was said in the game that or in one of the bios that their was no Mandalore between the Mandalorian War and KOTOR? A little confusing.

But this is why I ask Christopher. He might know, he wrote it.

Game and Article imply that when Mandalore the Ultimate died, the Mandalorian Wars ended. And according to both KOTOR and KOTOR 2, the Mandalorian Wars ended at Malachor V.

No, the games say that Malachor V was the last battle of the Mandalorian War. That does not mean that the war ended that day, merely that there were no more major fleet engagements. The war wouldn't be over until Revan caught and killed Mandalore. So no inconsistency.

There would be an inconsistency if Mandalore had died at Malachor V, but I have never seen anything that implies that he did. Feel free to produce a reference if you can find one.

I think it's quite heavely implied that Mandalore the Ultimate died at Malachor.

Where is it implied? By who?

If you're going to set yourself up as a continuty expert, Nuke, you're going to have to deliver the goods.

Edit: Canderous flatly says "When Revan executed Mandalore before our eyes, he cast Mandalore's helmet away, denied it to us."

When does he say that? In KotOR II?

Because in KotOR I, Canderous says how Mandalore was defeated by Revan in single combat at Malachor V.

Wait, so you (and the article) are admitting that the one in K2 isn't the same as TOJ? That there ARE multiple versions? Then why are we even talking about this? You're right, "enough of Basilisk." What a colossal waste of time.

Also, if the insider article came out in 2005, then any changes they placed there will most likely overwrite anything that was already established in K1 or K2 (which was finished in 2004) - which I guess was your problem with K1 and K2 in the first place and means it may happen again in the future. But if you support that revision this time, hey, more power to you.

Chris

Well that's the thing it seems that comics and novels have more power over the games. For instance a KOTOR comic is coming out in Tales, and is about the 3 Jedi who hunted the Sith Beast. The story leads them to Korriban of course and to the Valley of the Dark Lords. Take a guess at which Valley will be used?

Now you don't seem to answer my other question. May have not made it clear, sorry if I didn't.

Why didn't you redesign the Basilisk, so that it still looked like a Beast, but less stupid? Why did you just copy the Viraga Star fighter? That was a terrible decision, and in all instances the Virago is a very poor fighter. If you were supposed to make something look power, and more modern than the Beast, why a Virago? The beast could destroy that thing with one shot of it's generator rods. I would hope that the next wrong Basilisk you use would be a whole lot more powerful looking that the Virago Star fighter.

And of course I suppor the revision, though it really isn't a revision. Abel G. Pena and Joe Corroney know what a Basilisk look's like, and even wrote a very detailed history on the stupid droid. I doubt the Basilisk will ever change, as the beast is unfortuatly what a Basilisk is, as a battle droid. All you did to contribute was add a stealth version, Super.

Oh, and how can HK-47 fight Mandalore the Ultimate when he's dead?

(PS, you might want to check out by Mandalorian History thread, it's has everything from the article in it. Well it will in time.)

Now you don't seem to answer my other question. May have not made it clear, sorry if I didn't.

Why didn't you redesign the Basilisk, so that it still looked like a Beast, but less stupid? Why did you just copy the Viraga Star fighter? That was a terrible decision, and in all instances the Virago is a very poor fighter. If you were supposed to make something look power, and more modern than the Beast, why a Virago? The beast could destroy that thing with one shot of it's generator rods. I would hope that the next wrong Basilisk you use would be a whole lot more powerful looking that the Virago Star fighter.

uhm if you had enough of the basilisk discussion why start it a new?

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

Either you have your left and rights mixed up, or you mean the Boba Fett delux Jet pack looks dumb, and the Basilisk War Droid on the right looks awesome.

The Basilisk is the big beast with the Mandalorian rider.

Either you have your left and rights mixed up, or you mean the Boba Fett delux Jet pack looks dumb, and the Basilisk War Droid on the right looks awesome.

The Basilisk is the big beast with the Mandalorian rider.

Well, from seeing what that war droid looks like, I'm glad it doesn't look like that in K2, to be honest. That's goofy as hell... looks like some robotic mole with wings or something. Or at least that illustration does, anyway. Perhaps the Basilisk in K2 wasn't even supposed to be the same thing...? Could've been a model of something that came out either before or after the animal one.

Because he didn't answer by other question. Once he's answered that, then discussion is closed.

Then he will tell me how HK-47 can fight a dead man.

Because Mandalore didn't die at Malachor V, silly. I guess Chris figured I answered it, so he didn't have to.

Third time: if you have any evidence that even suggests the possibility that Mandalore died at Malachor V, produce it.

Edit: I'm with Eji -- that droid looks dumb.

Edit again: incidentally, you're wrong about HK-47. Revan didn't build him to hunt Mandalore. We never find out who Revan sent him after, thought the target was in Mandalorian space (HK-47 killed that target, so it can't possibly have been Mandalore). HK-47 fought Mandalore after being damaged and captured by a Mandalorian. It is also entirely unclear whether the Mandalore in question is the one Revan fought. It might very well have been a pretender.

Because he didn't answer by other question. Once he's answered that, then discussion is closed.

Then he will tell me how HK-47 can fight a dead man.

Because Mandalore didn't die at Malachor V, silly. I guess Chris figured I answered it, so he didn't have to.

Third time: if you have any evidence that even suggests the possibility that Mandalore died at Malachor V, produce it.

Edit: I'm with Eji -- that droid looks dumb.

Edit again: incidentally, you're wrong about HK-47. Revan didn't build him to hunt Mandalore. We never find out who Revan sent him after, thought the target was in Mandalorian space (HK-47 killed that target, so it can't possibly have been Mandalore). HK-47 fought Mandalore after being damaged and captured by a Mandalorian. It is also entirely unclear whether the Mandalore in question is the one Revan fought. It might very well have been a pretender.

I didn't say HK was built to face Mandalore, or to sent to kill him by Revan. I said he was sent on a mission to Mandalorian Space by Revan.

And a Mandalore isn't a Mandalore without the mask/helmet. I doubt the Mandalorian in question would have sent HK to kill a pretender, and HK seems to note Mandalore's skill in his defeat. "He was Mandalore afterall."

Of course saying it was a pretender puts who in the same position as me in evidence. Of course I believe in KOTOR it is said that Mandalore the Ultimate is killed by Revan at Malachor, by Canderous.

And yes the Beast might look stupid, but it sure as hell would have made little work of that Virago.

Why didn't you redesign the Basilisk, so that it still looked like a Beast, but less stupid? Why did you just copy the Viraga Star fighter? That was a terrible decision, and in all instances the Virago is a very poor fighter.

Uh... huh? All right, it's a poor fighter - where did that come from? But are we talking about the (now-christened) stealth basilisk in K2 or the Viraga/Virago? What? Oh, are we still talking about this?

So you support this particular stealth revision mentioned in the article - excellent. Then it all comes down to aesthetics, and again, this thread has been a colossal waste of time. To re-iterate, if you are seeking psychological security in sci fi continuinity, then you are bound to be sorely disappointed. We proposed it, they agreed on the first pass, it's done, nothing will ever change it... oh, except a revision later on, which will, of course, again invalidate continuity - but that's only comforting or not depending on how you personally stand on the decision, as you've just proved.

So if you want to argue LucasArts aesthetics vs. the old LucasArts aesthetics, go ahead. Call them about K1. Call them about K2. Do not hesitate. Tell them of the horrible, bloody crimes being committed in their backyard, which they have seen, yet somehow must be mistaken in their decisions. Tell them what fools they are for making that decision and how Star Wars historical accuracy has been ruined for you, sullied, dragged through the dirt. Tell them how it has crippled their reputation in your eyes for centuries, and how it has left a wound in the Force - a wound that echoes still. I think that only then will they see that what they have done is wrong... and that the balance in the Force must be rectified.