The List of Continuity Mistakes

The basilisk war droid version presented in K2 was an intentional departure from the ones presented in Tales of the Jedi, and we are happy, because frankly, those look really stupid. This is much the same reason that many of the designs in K1 are a departure from the ship designs in TOJ, and with good reason. So yes, the basilisk droid version was an intentional depature from the older models, and we take full responsibility. It is noteworthy that LucasArts and LucasFilm agreed with our decision on the first pass, much as they agreed with the decisions made with K1's look.

LA's agrees to everything when it comes to continuity. Proven because they in the Mandalorian Article in issue 80 of insider, sets in stone that the Basilisk is a beast. The Mandalorians Basilisk in TOTJ might look stupid, but regardless it is a Basilisk War Droid. That Virago,which I think looks stupid, isn't a Basilisk. That thing would be destroyed in seconds by the stupid kind.

Even from Canderous discription in KOTOR he speaks of the Beast. I don't like that just because YOU THINK something looks stupid, you feel the right to change it. Of course in the end you didnt' change anything, the Basilisk is still the beast as it should.

I would hope that IF you are making KOTOR 3, you put the ACTUAL Basilisk into the game.

"Regardless, I am certain there are other mistakes. It's a big universe and a big game, you'll find them. I did try to read, play, and watch every piece of Star Wars source material I could find, but I freely admit I make mistakes. "

And the Basilisk was one of them, intentional or not.

Hmmm. Okay, I think you're making a mistake here, but no harm done.

Basically, I think you missed what I said in the previous post - the right to change something never rests with me, it rests with LucasArts and Lucasfilm. I suppose you could blame LucasArts if you want, but I think that would be unfair and frankly, another mistake - as I said in the previous post, please keep in mind that everything goes to Lucasfilm for approval. Everything.

I would strongly suggest that if you have a problem with the basilisk war droid, you don't have to stand for it - contact Lucasfilm, they run the show. Maybe they chose unwisely during the approval process when they saw the concepts. I seriously doubt it, but who knows?

And I'm saying that they agree to everything. KOTOR 2 made the Basilisk the wrong way. Approved or not, LFL went back and approved the Beast in the Mandalorian Article. Definded,pictured, and everthing.

Yet you say LFL changed it, but it was you people who made the concept of the WRONG Basilisk.

Either way there are TWO basilisk now. The Stupid mighty version, and the Virago Star fighter.

I'm sorry you don't like something, but I don't think that gives you the right to remake anything.

I hope whoever Makes KOTOR 3, will put the Stupid mighty version back in.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

The basilisk war droid version presented in K2 was an intentional departure from the ones presented in Tales of the Jedi, and we are happy, because frankly, those look really stupid.

And that's about all the reasons I need.

I'm sorry you don't like something, but I don't think that gives you the right to remake anything.

Well, he is the lead designer after all. If LFL approved his work, he has the right to change whatever he sees fit.

But please tell me who's pointing a gun at your head to buy and play this game. If the continuity 'issues' are so abhorrent to you, you can always get back to reading your vaunted TotJ and forget all about K2. :wub:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The basilisk war droid version presented in K2 was an intentional departure from the ones presented in Tales of the Jedi, and we are happy, because frankly, those look really stupid. This is much the same reason that many of the designs in K1 are a departure from the ship designs in TOJ, and with good reason. So yes, the basilisk droid version was an intentional depature from the older models, and we take full responsibility. It is noteworthy that LucasArts and LucasFilm agreed with our decision on the first pass, much as they agreed with the decisions made with K1's look.

LA's agrees to everything when it comes to continuity. Proven because they in the Mandalorian Article in issue 80 of insider, sets in stone that the Basilisk is a beast. The Mandalorians Basilisk in TOTJ might look stupid, but regardless it is a Basilisk War Droid. That Virago,which I think looks stupid, isn't a Basilisk. That thing would be destroyed in seconds by the stupid kind.

Even from Canderous discription in KOTOR he speaks of the Beast. I don't like that just because YOU THINK something looks stupid, you feel the right to change it. Of course in the end you didnt' change anything, the Basilisk is still the beast as it should.

I would hope that IF you are making KOTOR 3, you put the ACTUAL Basilisk into the game.

"Regardless, I am certain there are other mistakes. It's a big universe and a big game, you'll find them. I did try to read, play, and watch every piece of Star Wars source material I could find, but I freely admit I make mistakes. "

Basically, I think you missed what I said in the previous post - the right to change something never rests with me, it rests with LucasArts and Lucasfilm. I suppose you could blame LucasArts if you want, but I think that would be unfair and frankly, another mistake - as I said in the previous post, please keep in mind that everything goes to Lucasfilm for approval. Everything.

I would strongly suggest that if you have a problem with the basilisk war droid, you don't have to stand for it - contact Lucasfilm, they run the show. Maybe they chose unwisely during the approval process when they saw the concepts. I seriously doubt it, but who knows?

And I'm saying that they agree to everything. KOTOR 2 made the Basilisk the wrong way. Approved or not, LFL went back and approved the Beast in the Mandalorian Article. Definded,pictured, and everthing.

Yet you say LFL changed it, but it was you people who made the concept of the WRONG Basilisk.

Either way there are TWO basilisk now. The Stupid mighty version, and the Virago Star fighter.

So just to clarify... how exactly do you have any say in whether anything from the SW universe is changed or not? If the people with Lucas Arts themselves are ok with the change then what you think doesn't factor into whether Obsidian have the right to or not. Obsidian have the right to change it because LA said they could, that's what licencing is all about. The reason Obsidian have to run everything by LA period is specifically so that they can't butcher the SW universe. You may think LA made a bad decision by aproving the new droid, but at the end of the day it's LA's intelectual property and their responsibilty, to do with as they see fit.

I know when you love a series and then some spin-off product comes along that alters the continuity it can ruin the experience for you. It's a fair point, but the die-hard fans aren't the only ones being taken into consideration. If the droid really looks as stupid as you yourself say it does, then wouldn't it look a bit rediculous to see one drop down into a city during the middle of a firefight? As a gamer, I'd rather have an altered version that I can look at with a straight face than an authentic one that totally ruined the atmosphere.

So just to clarify... how exactly do you have any say in whether anything from the SW universe is changed or not? If the people with Lucas Arts themselves are ok with the change then what you think doesn't factor into whether Obsidian have the right to or not. Obsidian have the right to change it because LA said they could, that's what licencing is all about. The reason Obsidian have to run everything by LA period is specifically so that they can't butcher the SW universe. You may think LA made a bad decision by aproving the new droid, but at the end of the day it's LA's intelectual property and their responsibilty, to do with as they see fit.

I know when you love a series and then some spin-off product comes along that alters the continuity it can ruin the experience for you. It's a fair point, but the die-hard fans aren't the only ones being taken into consideration. If the droid really looks as stupid as you yourself say it does, then wouldn't it look a bit rediculous to see one drop down into a city during the middle of a firefight? As a gamer, I'd rather have an altered version that I can look at with a straight face than an authentic one that totally ruined the atmosphere.

The point is that LA's didn't change anything. Continuity still holds on to the beast BWD. In Star Wars you never change anything, because there are continuity keepers at LFL who have to work all the crap in. You add to continuity. Just because Obsidian changed the design, doesn't mean the Beast is gone.

LFL goes by the,"Ok whatever," way of thinking. Most of em don't probably even know what a Basilisk is, or don't keep up with the EU enough to care. All the continuity problems that have come in the years, have come because LFL agrees to something without looking it up. I've seen it happen dozens of times.

The Basilisk is defined as a beast in the Mandalorian Article. I would have rather seen the beast fall down on Onderon. It's super powerful, and would have made short work of any military with it's claws and numerous weapons. Those generating rods on the front can charge and fire a powerful beam that could punch a hole in even the most power Battle Ship.

However, if you don't like something I don't think you should change the design. I like the beast, and that Beast is a Basilisk. All Chris did was copy a Virago star fighter and put it in the game. He could have made the Beast Basilisk look less silly in the game(Which I don't think it does anyway).

The Basilisk is defined as a beast in the Mandalorian Article. I would have rather seen the beast fall down on Onderon. It's super powerful, and would have made short work of any military with it's claws and numerous weapons. Those generating rods on the front can charge and fire a powerful beam that could punch a hole in even the most power Battle Ship.

Which is precisely why it shouldn't have been used. Such a Basilisk would have made the entire concept of fighting your way to the palace pointless as you could just walk up there in that thing.

I think the decision to change the Basilisk was correct but I also think the design they did use was just as silly as the original concept. The Basilisk War Droid in KoTOR2 fits neither the names Basilisk nor Droid.

The basilisk war droid version presented in K2 was an intentional departure from the ones presented in Tales of the Jedi, and we are happy, because frankly, those look really stupid.

I can say that I am not exactly a fan of then and I do think they look a bit stupid.

However if you just name it something else we would not have such arguments, like it or not someone made the Basilisk War Droid look that way and its set in stone.

This is much the same reason that many of the designs in K1 are a departure from the ship designs in TOJ, and with good reason. So yes, the basilisk droid version was an intentional depature from the older models, and we take full responsibility. It is noteworthy that LucasArts and LucasFilm agreed with our decision on the first pass, much as they agreed with the decisions made with K1's look.

Now I can say I am not overall a fan of the "Star Destroyer wannabe with what looks like battle damaga", some ship designs of the comics is wierd but I find the Ship Battleship design quite nice.

http://www.wizards.com/starwars/images/darksideart/Ships.jpg

drakron.png

considering people "in charge" at lucasarts and lucasfilm okayed the idea, i think thats more "canon" than you telling us they shouldnt have changed it. i might agree with your stance if lucasarts and lucasfilm told obsidian not to do it, but obsidian ignored them and put in the change anyways. but they got the okay from the PEOPLE WHO COUNT.

The point is that LA's didn't change anything. Continuity still holds on to the beast BWD. In Star Wars you never change anything, because there are continuity keepers at LFL who have to work all the crap in. You add to continuity. Just because Obsidian changed the design, doesn't mean the Beast is gone.

LFL goes by the,"Ok whatever," way of thinking. Most of em don't probably even know what a Basilisk is, or don't keep up with the EU enough to care. All the continuity problems that have come in the years, have come because LFL agrees to something without looking it up. I've seen it happen dozens of times.

you also contradict yourself in your next post by saying first that lucasfilm will say yes to ANYONE and ANYTHING, but then later go on and say that lusasfilm have people to watch for continuity to make sure it is kept. so which is it? if lucasfilm have someone to watch to ensure continuity is kept, then obviously they didnt feel that the change would be a huge detriment to the star wars universe.

And that's about all the reasons I need.

Well, he is the lead designer after all. If LFL approved his work, he has the right to change whatever he sees fit.

But please tell me who's pointing a gun at your head to buy and play this game. If the continuity 'issues' are so abhorrent to you, you can always get back to reading your vaunted TotJ and forget all about K2. :p

Numberman speaks for me.

considering people "in charge" at lucasarts and lucasfilm okayed the idea, i think thats more "canon" than you telling us they shouldnt have changed it. i might agree with your stance if lucasarts and lucasfilm told obsidian not to do it, but obsidian ignored them and put in the change anyways. but they got the okay from the PEOPLE WHO COUNT.

you also contradict yourself in your next post by saying first that lucasfilm will say yes to ANYONE and ANYTHING, but then later go on and say that lusasfilm have people to watch for continuity to make sure it is kept. so which is it? if lucasfilm have someone to watch to ensure continuity is kept, then obviously they didnt feel that the change would be a huge detriment to the star wars universe.

No I'm not. LFL license has continuity keepers. Keepers of the holocron. These continuity people didn't approve the concepts, some other section of LFL did.

Either way the Beast is set in stone. The Beast is a Basilisk, not the Virage.

That virago neither was a droid, or beast. IT's wrong, and isn't a Basilisk. It's a virago star fighter.

No I'm not. LFL license has continuity keepers. Keepers of the holocron. These continuity people didn't approve the concepts, some other section of LFL did.

Either way the Beast is set in stone. The Beast is a Basilisk, not the Virage.

That virago neither was a droid, or beast. IT's wrong, and isn't a Basilisk. It's a virago star fighter.

but youre missing the entire point that LUCASFILM AND LUCASARTS gave them permission. for all intents and purposes, they are the be all and end all when it comes to the star wars universe. as much as we may dislike their decisions, their decisions and what they allow are all that are official.

hypothetically, if i approached george lucas and said i wanted to make a new star wars movie, but that because i thought tie fighters looked stupid, i changed their design. george lucas says "sure, no problem, go ahead". so now i have the approval of the person that counts. are you going to tell me that i still have no right to change how tie fighters look, even though george lucas says i can?

thats being rather full of yourself if you think that your opinion matters more than those who are actually in charge.

There are diferences ...

Lets look at "X-Wing", its not Luke Skywalker that goes into the Trench Run, someone else blows up the Death Star.

Sames goes with Rookie One destroying the Death Star in "Rebel Assault".

The movies are canon, nothing can change that (and no, nobody is going to make Star Wars movies besides George Lucas).

Then we have the EU with have its own continuity, many things are NOT part of such continuity and are labeled "Infinities", Star Wars games will fall into Infinities since most of then are based on the movies events.

KotOR series is not continuity because it contradicts it, LucasArts is not overall concerned about continuity since they had published many games that go against both continuity and canon (I like to see anyone argue that "Ep. I" game is canon, even that movie novel is more EU that that game is) but LucasArts is concerned over Star Wars mark, they maintain certain Star Wars elements (like the Teen rating) in all their Star Wars games.

drakron.png

Are you talking about the same LFL who approved the BWD in KOTOR 2, and went back and approved the original version for the Mandalorian Article? Which in the end makes offical the way a Basilisk looks.

So in reality the Basilisk in KOTOR 2 is still wrong, seeing as the stupid version is now offical.

Yeah LFL gave the ok to the Virago Star Fighter being used in KOTOR 2 in place of a the real Basilisk. Cool, but continuity will always concider the Beast as the true Basilisk War droid. Just like the Valley of the Dark Lords.

So exactly, how are you trying to prove that a non-canon product is any more canon that another one? :rolleyes:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, so? That's not a real Basilisk, just a concept. Since it's an invention, a piece of fictional art, it's not set in stone unless the owner of the intellectual property says so. And in this case, they haven't. :lol:

From Star Wars Insider issue 80:

Basilisk War Droid:

"Looking like a cross between a Karran beetle and Zalorian rock lion, the Basilisk War Droids were created by the technologically minded Basiliskans, arrogant reptiloids who poisoned their own planet during the Battle of Basilisk. Afterward. th tech- hungry Mandalorians greedily looted countless war droids."

All of this was approved by LFL license of course. :D

NEVER: LOL. This issue came out in a month after KOTOR 2. Clearly LFL went back on their word. The beast is offical. :lol: