The List of Continuity Mistakes

1. Why are Sith trying to bring back Nadd when he's destroyed? Meaning that Nadds force presence was obliterated by Exar Kun. Nadd isn't even on the force map anymore.

2. A Basilisk War droid doesn't look like a Virago Star fighter from SOTE. Silly or not, continuity is continuity. Plus the Silly Basilisk War Droid can lay waste to fleets.

3. Naga Sadow is ALSO one of the Sith Lords not entombed on Korriban

4. The Nagai shouldn't be mentioned in anyway shape or form. They are a race in hte unknown regions. Who don't make themselves known for 4000 years, when they start the short War with the New Republic.

5. Valley of the Dark Lords, yes,yes, yes. My fav.

Now I thought Chris did his research, not even KOTOR made this many mistakes.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

• 1 month later...
1. Why are Sith trying to bring back Nadd when he's destroyed? Meaning that Nadds force presence was obliterated by Exar Kun. Nadd isn't even on the force map anymore.

2. A Basilisk War droid doesn't look like a Virago Star fighter from SOTE. Silly or not, continuity is continuity. Plus the Silly Basilisk War Droid can lay waste to fleets.

4. The Nagai shouldn't be mentioned in anyway shape or form. They are a race in hte unknown regions. Who don't make themselves known for 4000 years, when they start the short War with the New Republic.

Now I thought Chris did his research, not even KOTOR made this many mistakes.

So, uh, five mistakes is a lot? :rolleyes:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The one thing that stuck out to me was the fact that Atton didn't understand T3 on the mining colony but later on in the game he was arguing with him a couple times.

Heh. I didn't notice that.

The one that annoys me the most is the thing with Sadow and Korriban. Sadow is on Yavin. Not Korriban. And yet in the game it says he is. :rolleyes:

I guess it doesn't matter. I mean if most people don't know the facts, then it just doesn't matter whether it's right or not.

The one that annoys me the most is the thing with Sadow and Korriban. Sadow is on Yavin. Not Korriban. And yet in the game it says he is.  :rolleyes:

I guess it doesn't matter. I mean if most people don't know the facts, then it just doesn't matter whether it's right or not.

Thats from KOTOR I I think it's the lesser of two evils. If they had changed the tomb in KOTOR II then the people who played KOTOR I would wonder what was going on. As it is it will only bother a small number of SW geeks.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Urm, why does *everyone* make this mistake? They're not. The ritual is about controlling the beasts of Dxun. Miss the conversation with the Sith soldiers in the tomb? And the whole bit when you're attacking the palace (or wahtever) and the Sith suddenly lose control of the beasts? That's when your other party members have disrupted the ritual.

Silly. :rolleyes:

And mandalorians don't look like humans *shrug* but I prefer them looking human, it means that Jango and Boba can be *real* Mandalorians. I was disappointed with the Basilisk looking like a cheap Tardis/bus though, yeah.

Yeah I know... weird. Unless you take the logical step that maybe the Sith build the tombs for their Lords in advance (I mean, it happened a lot in ancient civilisations) so that when they died they could just take them there without having to like, build a whole new tomb.

I mean, Naga Sadow's tomb is the only one without a corpse in KotOR 1... right?

Meh, maybe they were around for a bit , got bored, left for 4,000 years and were forgotten.

Are you just saying that the whole place was a mistake? Hmm, well I think that it's just represented that way in the game, obviously it's a lot bigger/grander than that.

WTF was the Khoonda militia doing on Citadel Station? There were only twelve to begin with (I think), and most of them got killed during the mercenary attack (if you supported Khoonda). This isn't necessarily a continuity mistake, but it seems to be a huge strech.

WTF was the Khoonda militia doing on Citadel Station? There were only twelve to begin with (I think), and most of them got killed during the mercenary attack (if you supported Khoonda). This isn't necessarily a continuity mistake, but it seems to be a huge strech.

There is also a contigent of Onderon Royal Guard it's a case of everyone from the previous planets pitching in to help to drive off the attackers, you are the cavalry so to speak.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

There is also a contigent of Onderon Royal Guard it's a case of everyone from the previous planets pitching in to help to drive off the attackers, you are the cavalry so to speak.

I loved the camaraderie. :">

manthing2.jpg

There's one very large, very angry mistake KOTOR one made that even a person who has never read the KOTOR comics would get.

Why, why, why, why, why can you take Bastie out on Taris if she's all like "Oh, the Sith will see me oh no, oh no, oh no!" Seriously, man. That's a huge plot hole. With a capital "P".

Fnord.

The one thing that stuck out to me was the fact that Atton didn't understand T3 on the mining colony but later on in the game he was arguing with him a couple times.

Atton becomes force sensitive!

I guess.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Yeah, I was wondering if someone else caught that. Maybe they got their ship concepts mixed up or decided to reuse some models.

Thanks for reminding me why the word Nagai felt so familiar. I remember the white skinned space punkers obsessed with knives now. There's a Zeltron in the game too. Nice nod of the head for the old comics. I don't think they are really considered part of EU. At least not as rigidly as the stuff written after EU was established.

SODOFF Steam group.

The Basilisk fits the description that Canderous used in KOTOR almost perfectly. Right to the jets firing at the last second when it looked like you were going to smash into the planet.

So is this another case of having to go along with something established by KOTOR ?

478327[/snapback]

Actually no they don't. Canderous says he RODE his basilisk into battle. Not to mention that when he entered Althirs atmo, he was riding the basilisk. He only had 6 centimeters of armor protecting him in the atmo entry.

So the Basilisk he's speaking of is the one of continuity. The one in KOTOR 2 is wrong.

http://www.galacticholonet.com/Droids/Basi..._War_Droid.html

This is hte offical bio on the basilisk war droid to add.

"Looking like a cross between a Karran Bettle and a Zalorian rock lion, the basilisk war droids were created by the technologically minded Basiliskans, arrogant reptiloids who poisoned their own planet during the Battle of Basilisk. Afterward, the tech-hungry Mandalorians greedily looted countless war droids.

Loaded with shatter-missile launchers, laser cannons, shockwave generating rods, and heavy brawling claws, a Mandalorian on a Basilisk is a formidable foe. The war mounts, operable in atmosphere and deep space"

THAT basilisk is the only Basilisk. That little Virago would have been destroyed in seconds against an ACTUAL Basilisk War droids.

It's those generating rods on the front that are the trick. They charge up to make one big blast that can turn even the mightest ship into a flaming hulk.

The Marvel stuff was reinserted back into continuity a few years back.

Yeah, I suspected that it might have been. Still, I expect it took some heavy interpreting to make it fit the EU. For example, the comics heavily imply that the Empire ceases to exist, at least as a major threat, at Endor while EU has it crumbling at significantly slower pace.

SODOFF Steam group.