KotOR 2's ending

did KotOR 2's ending suck?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. did KotOR 2's ending suck?

• Yes
    • No

if people insist on doing polls, i wish theyd give more options than just a "black or white" response.

i wasnt particularly enamored by the ending, but at the same time i dont think it "sucked". wheres the option in the poll for the middle ground choice? as it is, even if i vote for "no" since i didnt think it sucked, then that might give off the impression that i loved the ending.

can you tell i hate polls? :p

Fairly disappointed with the ending. With the conversations that had gone on before the end, including what Carth had to say, I was then amazed when the credits came up. What was the point about Mira near the end, and the remotes, etc. All presumably because the game was released unfinished.

The Dark Side ending, was just....pointless. So you've slaughtered everyone in the Academy, and the three Sith Lords...you've got no army now! How are you supposed to wage war agaisn't the Jedi without one? The Light Side ending was good though, you go in search of Revan. It reminded me of the Empire Strikes Back. Looking for Han/Revan.

No, the ending did not "suck." I'd have to agree with Jedi_Knight that the Light Side ending was quite remniscent of The Empire Strikes Back, which KotOR2 often reminds me of more than anything else. The Dark Side ending was very . . . undramatic.

if people insist on doing polls, i wish theyd give more options than just a "black or white" response.

i wasnt particularly enamored by the ending, but at the same time i dont think it "sucked".  wheres the option in the poll for the middle ground choice?  as it is, even if i vote for "no" since i didnt think it sucked, then that might give off the impression that i loved the ending.

can you tell i hate polls?  :lol:

I too agree that the ending was a bit weak, but it was not particuarly bad. Think about a lot of games now: how many good endings do we see? Besides, the fun part is supposed to be getting to the ending, not the actual ending itself.

i wasnt particularly enamored by the ending, but at the same time i dont think it "sucked".  wheres the option in the poll for the middle ground choice?  as it is, even if i vote for "no" since i didnt think it sucked, then that might give off the impression that i loved the ending.

can you tell i hate polls?  :lol:

I too agree that the ending was a bit weak, but it was not particuarly bad. Think about a lot of games now: how many good endings do we see? Besides, the fun part is supposed to be getting to the ending, not the actual ending itself.

To you, maybe.

Sucked? Yes, pretty much. I actually say there with controler in hand running through the questions I wanted ask eveyrone when I got back aboard the Ebon Hawk.

I sat there for several minuntes with the credits rolling up the screen before it occured to me that it was over. :)

So... when does KotORIII come out? :)

Without absorbing the entire story I felt like I was stabbed in the chest when I saw the Ebon Hawk flying away and no type of ceremony. Plus the music they play at the end, LS, is so sad... not pathetic sad but break down in tears sad. If I would be able to see my crew and say "We're off to find Revan" then roll credits I think it would have been a better cliff hanger ending. But to suffice to say I accept the ending more so now rather than when I first ended the game.

• 2 weeks later...

No it did not suck. I feel that the ending is leading to something bigger that will be in another game.

I went through the game quickly and didn't understand the first time.

I then went back and played at a slower speed so that I could understand the story. I think it was a better ending the some other recent overhyped game endings.

while the ending sucked ass compaired to what we were told was going to happen at the end, I don't think it was a horible ending merely a ending that needed another month to properly finish (i.e. the cut scenes that either got cut or forgot about). Also if you take it from the whole "clifhanger" perspective then it was a fairly decent ending (just needed those cut scenes to be perfect).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png