Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bloodlines Revisited

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
It happens. I solve it by typing "charedit" or similar(the console fills in on auto so you only have to type char or edit) so it takes me to the character sheet. From there its just normal.

Some people say you solve it by hitting this or that key, doesnt work.

Phosphor

Phosphor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2214 posts
Got it to work - closing it with the tilde key does the trick, rather than using the mimimize or close boxes.

Loof

Loof

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I must say that im my opinion the statement that vampires in VtM cant feel love is total bunk. Im pretty sure the oposite is stated in several of the sourcebooks (cant come up with quotes havent played the game in ages). What is true is that they have no interest in sex which isn't exatly the same thing....

So seduction might be possible if you think of it as trying to be charming, fassinating and so on... vampires would just fall for it for completely different reasons than humans >_<

(and yeah charedit is what i use when the console locks up)

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
(yup, if you have a non-us keyboard then it just doesnt work with ~ )

I just realized one thing about bloodlines that I sort of took for granted, the voice-acting is probably the best Ive heard in any game.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10683 posts

I just realized one thing about bloodlines that I sort of took for granted, the voice-acting is probably the best Ive heard in any game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't say ? :)"

I agree completely. The only pair I noticed that fell short was Carson and perhaps Trip. A shame that most of the PC dialogue seems written by 13 year olds (The PC dialogue, the NPC dialogue seems generally well written and performed by the voice actors) :)

Eurmal

Eurmal

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 92 posts
The most NPC dialogues are written and voice-acted well but PC isnít allowed to play even a worthy supporting actor. The scenario is set in stone in that way, which is a part where it doesnít reach the level of PS: T although I admit that I havenít seen this good NPC dialogues for a while.

This can be related with why some people arenít happy with Malkivian dialogueÖit ends up with adding another misery to the low quality PC dialogue "options".

Percival

Percival

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 557 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't say ? o:)"

I agree completely. The only pair I noticed that fell short was Carson and perhaps Trip. A shame that most of the PC dialogue seems written by 13 year olds (The PC dialogue, the NPC dialogue seems generally well written and performed by the voice actors) :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, you can't go wrong with John Di Maggio, the guy who did Bender in Futurama. :huh:

I noticed that Jeanette was done by the same voice actor who did Viconia among others in BG2. Plus, there's a bunch of the same actors who did a lot of work for other games (from BG games to the SW games), some of them quite unremarkable. I guess it takes more then voice actors to make a good voice set for the game.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
Based on the advice of quite a few people, I bought Bloodlines.

I'd like to thank my numbered friend, Vol, and all the other folks who suggested it. I am so suprised by it that I just had to make mention of it.

I hate to say it, but it beats KotOR2 and any of the other CRPGs I've played over the past year. Hell, it actually beats KotOR 1. ...at least so far. Everyone says combat sucks, but I don't think it's that bad and, frankly, I've had virtually no combat anyhow. Now, as always, I might change my mind as I progress, but I have made some progress in Santa Monica and the things I enjoy about the game are unlikely to change. The voice acting is good, sometimes great, and the writing is better than KotOR 2. That really surprises me.

Troika has finally created a game that deserves the praise fanboys have been heaping on them for years.

Child of Flame

Child of Flame

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3213 posts

Based on the advice of quite a few people, I bought Bloodlines.

I'd like to thank my numbered friend, Vol, and all the other folks who suggested it.  I am so suprised by it that I just had to make mention of it.

I hate to say it, but it beats KotOR2 and any of the other CRPGs I've played over the past year.  Hell, it actually beats KotOR 1.  ...at least so far.  Everyone says combat sucks, but I don't think it's that bad and, frankly, I've had virtually no combat anyhow.  Now, as always, I might change my mind as I progress, but I have made some progress in Santa Monica and the things I enjoy about the game are unlikely to change.  The voice acting is good, sometimes great, and the writing is better than KotOR 2.  That really surprises me.

Troika has finally created a game that deserves the praise fanboys have been heaping on them for years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^Agreed^

Unfortunately, I've been hearing that after the release they've gone flat broke, probably because of the huge delay they had because HL2 was delayed, and might never make any games again. This makes me sad...very sad.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10683 posts

Everyone says combat sucks, but I don't think it's that bad and, frankly, I've had virtually no combat anyhow.

Which clan are you playing ?

I played a Malkavian male in my first game and ran into some nasty obstacels towards the end because Malkavian disciplines are next to no good against non-human enemies... Had to go way back to an earlier save game and pick an alternate route through the last part of the game.

In my second game, I played a sexy Nosferatu female in fetish wear. Had a way easier time towards the end because of the disciplines available and took the bulls approach to problem solving (headlong charge).

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5371 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

I hate to say it, but it beats KotOR2 and any of the other CRPGs I've played over the past year.  Hell, it actually beats KotOR 1.  ...at least so far.  Everyone says combat sucks, but I don't think it's that bad and, frankly, I've had virtually no combat anyhow.  Now, as always, I might change my mind as I progress, but I have made some progress in Santa Monica and the things I enjoy about the game are unlikely to change.  The voice acting is good, sometimes great, and the writing is better than KotOR 2.  That really surprises me.

Glad you like it. Enjoy it while it lasts, because once you get to the last quarter of the game, it goes downhill fast. Lots of senseless combat, and next to no role playing in the final parts of the game. Overall though, it's a very good game. :(

ShadowPaladin V1.0

ShadowPaladin V1.0

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8772 posts
It's on sale for £9.98 on games website.

Percival

Percival

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 557 posts

Glad you like it. Enjoy it while it lasts, because once you get to the last quarter of the game, it goes downhill fast. Lots of senseless combat, and next to no role playing in the final parts of the game. Overall though, it's a very good game. :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didnt find the last quarter of the game to be bad, in fact I found it to be up to par with the rest of it. There was very little sensless combat, in my opinion. And not to spoil the game, the game would turn sensless if you could indeed talk your way out of the last quarter of the game.

Phosphor

Phosphor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2214 posts
What really bugged me about the end portions of the game was that it was more confining, I felt. The game until then had been fairly open, but suddenly the player is forced into a narrow path. Not that the game was open-ended or non-linear, it certainly was, but I felt that suddenly I was more confined or dragged along.
And I hated the combat in the game. Absolute button-mashing.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
I'm glad I found out I'm going to have to get some decent fighting skills under my belt for the last half of the game. I'm playing a Ventrue clan vampire right now, and I talk my way out of a lot of situations. I have, however, been willing to fight. In fact, if I think someone is evil, I gladly smite them.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5371 posts
Um, I don't know. In my first playthrough I went Ventrue too, and I didn't develop my fighting skills too much. I must have had like 4 levels in firearms and I didn't even bother with the HtH abilities. And since Presence is rather worthless compared to your other disciplines, I had lots of points for social/mental.

As long as you're well equipped, you shouldn't have much trouble, even less considering you seem to like the combat system.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10683 posts

Um, I don't know. In my first playthrough I went Ventrue too, and I didn't develop my fighting skills too much.

My Malkavian guy would have sold his soul (well, he already lost it, so the point is moot, but anyway) for the Fortitude discipline...

On the other hand, using Bedlam in a crowded street in Hollywood was hilarious. Watch those pedestrian taking it out on each other, some of them getting whacked and flying 50 meters through the air :D

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5371 posts
Yep. Dementation's a riot when used like that. And it gets even better in the PnP... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users