MY KotOR III suggestion box

Pardon me if I posted this in the wrong forum, but here goes...

This is for the Devs...

I have read many posts with KotOR III suggestions and here are a few from my husband and myself...

1. Please drop the number of NPCs - I know personally that there were just too many to keep up with for my taste. I think 6 would be excellent and it would keep the storyline easier for everyone. 3 dark side characters and 3 light side characters to explore would be fine.

2. Please no more than 2 droids - I really like HK and T3 but G0-T0 was completely useless to me. HK - for dark siders and T3 - for light siders is perfect.

3. The influence system was a good idea but done badly. Please if you intend to keep it, fix it :shifty:

4. Make a better romance storyline - One of the best features of KotOR I (for me) was the romance options with Carth (female) and Bastila (male).

5. When a dialogue is used and followed to to the conclusion PLEASE have it disappear from the dialogue tree. That was one of my major gripes for KotOR II. The repetition of the same dialogue over and over was quite annoying.

6. If Revan (OR THE EXILE) is an intended mention of character in KotOR III and there are questions to establish Revan's (OR THE EXILE'S) gender please be consistant in whether Revan (OR THE EXILE) was male or female in dialogue. I got so tired of everyone referring to MY Revan as male when I clearly stated to Atton at the beginning that my Revan was female.

~Proof reading is a WONDERFUL idea :)

7. Please put the dialogue between NPC's back in - The party banter between NPC's was amusing and I would love to see it again and not just when you go back to the Ebon Hawk either but during play.

8. Please use the rapid transit again - You don't know how frustrated I got having to run back to the Ebon Hawk so much just for party dialogue ;)

9. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't use the "cut scene" dialogue system anymore - I hate having to find out all of my party dialogue this way. I would rather dialogue go back to the way it was in KotOR I than cut scene dialogue. It was a bad idea and WAY over used.

10. I love the upgrades in this game and the fact that you can make them yourself or get your NPC's to make certain things but I would much rather have had better conversation options than this feature. The lightsaber upgrades kick butt and the fact that you can make regenerative armor upgrades is too cool but I would trade both for a better storyline next time. Just something to keep in mind :)

Like I said these are MY opinions so don't flame me too badly :)

- De-emphasize melee combat, except for Jedi. It's kind of silly seeing a character run straight into blaster fire to hack his opponent with a sword in the Star Wars universe. And now that training of NPC's as Jedi has been introduced, you pretty much have to focus on melee feats from the get-go, for almost everyone. There should be a SEVERE penatly for charging toward rangied apponents. Basically, I'd like to see more blaster fire and fewer non-lightsaber melee duels.

- More missions where you split into two concurrent parties. I would have preferred the final hours of K2 to be structured around this, rather than the Onderon mission, which was seemingly pointless. Just any excuse to use as many party members as possible would be good. It gives other people the chance to play hero, instead of the "Usuaual suspects" that you might normally take with you.

- A more flexible party limit. I realize that 3 is a good number that forces balance by making you choose between skilled characters and combat characters, but there should be special occasions during play when more are allowed. Maybe even divide them up into two squads that you can send off in different directions, as a looser version of the above suggestion.

- Ditch the Skill system and replace it with something more along the lines of feats and force powers. Hell, you could probably move several of the Feats over into the Skills section as it is. And it would give more diversity among the party if there weren't any designated "experts" at any one craft and you were forced to be more specific and complimentary in your party-building/selection.

5. When a dialogue is used and followed to to the conclusion PLEASE have it disappear from the dialogue tree. That was one of my major gripes for KotOR II. The repetition of the same dialogue over and over was quite annoying.

that annoyed me to no end. especially when i was still trying to learn their backstory and each character had about 4 dialogue options available that each split into 3 or 4 more dialogue options.

i was hoping that after a dialogue tree was exhausted, it disappeared. that way when something new was opened up, you could see it. if you still had nothing new to learn, then just one line of a generic "nothing right now."

I got some too.

Except for this first one, this is a complaint.

-Atton and Carth are too much alike. both Pilots, both trouble makers, and they are both pretty boys.

-Stop making the PC lose his damn memory, it's old now.

Heres my KOTOR III Box.

-Make more important people join your party, like a Sith Lord or something.

-Make the bad guys more important this time around, and let us know more about them. (Nihilis and Sion are both still mysteries to me.)

-Stop the whole "Stuck somewhere" Crap. In the beginning of KOTOR, you were stuck on Taris, and in the beginning of KOTOR II, your stuck on Peragus mining depot and then Citadel station for a bit. That is really lame.

"There is no running or hiding, Jedi. Your times up."

-Boba Fett-

BOBAFETT.JPG

Has there even been any confirmation of KotOR III?

Hmmm...all these threads seem a bit premature for me, but hey - I'm not gonna flame you for it. :D

No confirmation. Nobody has picked up the contract to start development yet, so everything you see on K3 right now is pure speculation from players.

I still don't understand why players take time to type out all their suggestions for a game that may or may not happen. Its not like the new dev team is going to go to your post and take notes and implement your ideas into the next game lol.

- dr cloak

Has there even been any confirmation of KotOR III?

Hmmm...all these threads seem a bit premature for me, but hey - I'm not gonna flame you for it. :D

No confirmation. Nobody has picked up the contract to start development yet, so everything you see on K3 right now is pure speculation from players.

I still don't understand why players take time to type out all their suggestions for a game that may or may not happen. Its not like the new dev team is going to go to your post and take notes and implement your ideas into the next game lol.

- dr cloak

And yet people will read your "insiteful" posts and reconsider they're entire outlook? I doubt it.

This is a discussion forum. People discuss ideas and thoughts. Just because the game had not been announced doesnt mean that it will never come out. If you are sick of KOTOR 3 posts that pop up then either ignore them or just find another place to post. I cant wrap my head around why people wanna squash any chance for ideas for KOTOR 3 to be bounced around. So who cares if Devs never read these threads? No skin off anyones back.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

Well, just because KOTOR 3 hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean we can't formulate ideas. If you followed that logic, since the universe is doomed to collapse into a quantum singularity or exist forever while all matter is destroyed, than life is pointless as whatever you do is completely worthless in the end. It's the same with KOTOR 3. If KOTOR 3 isn't ever announced, then this will all be pointless, but at least we will have had fun making up ideas and complaining about flaws. But if it does come true, then... umm.... this will still be pretty pointless, as a developer won't be skimming forum posts when he or she is designing the game. But meh.

Well, just because KOTOR 3 hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean we can't formulate ideas. If you followed that logic, since the universe is doomed to collapse into a quantum singularity or exist forever while all matter is destroyed, than life is pointless as whatever you do is completely worthless in the end. It's the same with KOTOR 3. If KOTOR 3 isn't ever announced, then this will all be pointless, but at least we will have had fun making up ideas and complaining about flaws. But if it does come true, then... umm.... this will still be pretty pointless, as a developer won't be skimming forum posts when he or she is designing the game. But meh.

Ok

- dr cloak

Holy crap, who the hell cares how much crap we post. That is what a Forum is for. And even if there isn't a KOTOR III, we can still create and trade ideas.

I hope there is a KOTOR 3, and i hope we don't have to do another 5 hour escape at the beginning! >_< :D :p

"There is no running or hiding, Jedi. Your times up."

-Boba Fett-

BOBAFETT.JPG

Don't make the PC an "important" figure with some kind of past signifigance. Just your average Joe Jedi. Or whatever else, I agree with Hades when it comes to the whole "you can only be a jedi thing." Now, I don't know the rules for d20 Star Wars or what its called, but multiclassing would be kinda cool, so long as you can only have one jedi class and one prestige class, not necesarrily jedi, if there are any.

A new PC is the worst idea for the game. Having 3 hero's, of 3 different games, supposedly being all apart of one story, with minor tie ins and characters. Doesn't work to well in my book. Revan still has story, and if he's a powerful Jedi or not, is of no importance. He would still be level 1, but I care as must as I did with Canderous not being level 20 in KOTOR 2. Revan is the true hero of the series, and a trilogy needs a dominant hero. Having another hero dwindles both KOTOR and KOTOR 2.

Exile was fine as a hero. He had purpose, he helped Revan in many ways, and is a good character. Thus him being in the next game is of no importance, because his story is in many ways finished. Revan's story on the other hand is not. We have learned more about Revan in KOTOR 2, and that game has increased the need to be him again. We know why he did certain things. So lets finish his story in KOTOR 3. Then if a new KOTOR series comes along, you can have another PC or a character that can be a wookiee or Ewok.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

How is the exiles story finished?

He can bring death upon the force and can become as powerful as Nihilus. (Feeding off the force from entire worlds)

Lightside exile doesn't have much future.

Because his story is finished. Those are just reasons for using him again.

The Exile did what he had to do. He destroyed Nihilus and killed Kreia who was trying to destroy the force. Can he return in KOTOR 3, yes, but he can also go back into exile which Kreia said would help Revan as well. Exile found out his answers, and it's my opinion that going back into Exile is the best choice for him as a character.

Revan on the other hand, as we know isn't finished. He has gone to face the True Sith.

Meh

It really shows how unimportant playing as the Exile is. An appearance in Kotor 3 wouldn't suffice, because he doesn't have a mask.

Can't he at least become the new Nihilus if you played darkside?

Yeah, but I don't believe it's a wise decision to deal with Sith like Nihilus and True Sith at the same time. Takes way from the development of the True Sith, who will only have one game to become a dominant enemy. I believe it was the battle of Telos intent anyway, that all the Sith from Revans and Malaks time be destroyed. See this even increased the need to be Revan even more, because he no longer has any Jedi or Sith to help him out against the True Sith Race. He does have the Mandalorians, and they might give the Sith a nice pounding, but they are to small a force now to destroy them. The Republic is weaker than before, and he's all alone.

So now Revan has might have the thinking, that he's failed, and this adds to his character. Add a force Ghost Kreia to the mix, and it's all set.

Revan would be a bad idea to play again. Revan mind has returned and might hate himself for the choices he/she made in the first game. Raven went back to the plan. Exile would be ok because we got to see his past and had choices. The exile probably found raven and one died or join forces. Raven incharged and the exile the General.

A new PC could work very well. Theres a new jedi order. I just want choices when making a PC sex and race would be nice. I don't want o play a nobody who just 1 in hundreds jedi. Maybe You could start as "True" sith for a change and find old jedi teachings that you could learn from. Lots of NPC but very hard to get the same group every game.

I want to play a force user in KOTOR. Magic/force power is a must for me in a RPG.

Raven would be a bad idea to play again. Raven mind has returned and might hate himself for the choices he/she made in the first game. Raven went back to the plan. Exile would be ok because we got to see his past and had choices. The exile probably found raven and one died or join forces. Raven incharged and the exile the General.

A new PC could work very well. Theres a new jedi order. I just want choices when making a PC sex and race would be nice. I don't want o play a nobody who just 1 in hundreds jedi. Maybe You could start as "True" sith for a change and find old jedi teachings that you could learn from. Lots of NPC but very hard to get the same group every game.

I want to play a force user in KOTOR. Magic/force power is a must for me in a RPG.

ehem

*revan, not raven :)

I loved this game as i have loved the last Kotor. I took a four day hiatus from my girlfriend to play (no calls, no nothing). I just want to list what i loved and what I thought should be changed in the next version, please please please have another kotor.

1.) The breakdown and creation of items was brilliant, i don't know who came up with the idea but give them a raise. I wanted more though, i think it would be interresting if you didn't get anything from people that you frag other than components or chemicals which would force you to make everything you need to play. Why not be able to break down more stuff, consoles, disabled droids, and anything you don't have nailed down. I finally got the idea to sell everything and buy repair kits to break down, you could get much more components if you shopped a little but when i did this the game crashed whitch brings up 2.

2.) I wouldn't have minded if the game came out a few months later if it ran without so many glitches, i admit exploiting some of them but it made the game play less enjoyable to have it crash so much. Take your time the game is worth it, but what do i know about marketing, well you could sell more if you got it out by christmas instead of in february i guess.

3.) If you are going to have multiple party member maybe you could bat around the idea of making three charaters playable as your own instead of picking up NPC's, i know they exist for the story witch is great but it brings me to my next point.

4.) I timed it my first time through, i didn't even pick up all the characters in Nar Shadaa and when i got to the ebon hawk i had to talk for 30-45 minutes just to move on. p. s. it's ok not to be too odvious about npc motovations, i knew that kriea was a sith from allmost the begining it would have been cooler to reveal it later and/or gave indefinate clues to string you along.

5.) Does everyone have to be a jedi? I love that you could turn people through clever conversation (yeah right) to the light side and have them be jedi but i like the diversity as well.

6.) The quests are aweasome, i don't like going back to a planet just to do one damnable quest at the end of the game, i don't mind going back as long as there is more stuff to do, call me impatient.

7.) I am probably the only person who thinks that you should not be dating npcs, if i wanted to date on the computer or the xbox i would get Sims, it seems silly. I know it's good for story depth, i aready feel nerdy devoting my life to a video game every time one of these come out but to try and score with an npc. You can get all the depth out of a story without a love triangle through the quests.

8.) I loathe and despise pazak and swoop bike racing, i know diversity in mini game form. wheeeeee!

I know that it might seem like i'm bitching but i am enamered by these games and i want more than anything to play as many as you make. I love the system and frankly i want you guys to expand it some. I got another sixty dollars to buy the next one, keep em coming.

(onto the next fourty hours as i play the next of my four characters)

You know what's funny? My Light Side player character in K1 rejected the entire Revan identity. He's no more Revan than the PC in K2 is an exile. Those names are obsolete upon completion of both games.

As far as Revan's "new story" goes, I saw it as little more than an elaborate rug, with which they can sweep the character under and get him out of the way. K1's story was too epic not to bear mention a mere five years later in the continuum. They had to tell you what happened to him. He's off, by himself, fighting an unknown enemy. Isn't that better than saying he died? Plus, he was by himself. He left a whole bunch of pre-created characters behind that aren't hindered like he is. They have firm names, characters, appearances, and voices. And THEY can appear in future KOTOR games. Revan and the Exile cannot.