Exile, Revan, & Nihilus

I just finished the game yesterday and almost all of my story predictions turned out to be wrong.

I enjoyed the storyline and the story is what drove me to play the last 3 hours of the game non-stop just to see the ending. Man, was I wrong about everything.

I didn't read anything but previews to the game prior to its release. So I knew nothing of the story other than the main character was an "exile" finding his way back to the Force.

For the first part of the game, I was convinced that the exile was Revan and Kreia was his old master that stripped his Force ability and memory (similar to the star wars book "traitor"). Then for some reason, I thought that Nihilus was Revan. And when Misas unmasked him I thought there was a chance he was Malak.

I guess I was waiting for a big revelation before the game ended and was sort of dissapointed with what happened. But a very good game overall.

I played the first one inside and out. I just assumed the second would be a continuation of Revan's story. That's what I get for assuming things I guess.

I was partially right on the part that Kreia formerly taught Revan though.

I did't really expect Nihilus to be Malak, I just wouldn't be surprised since he had a similar voice.

I was never really "lost," just expecting things that never happened.

I think you can make a legitimate arguement that the exile is Revan all the way through Telos. You're on the Ebon Hawk, Bao-Dur calls you "General," etc...

I played the first one inside and out.  I just assumed the second would be a continuation of Revan's story.  That's what I get for assuming things I guess.

I was partially right on the part that Kreia formerly taught Revan though.

I did't really expect Nihilus to be Malak, I just wouldn't be surprised since he had a similar voice. 

I was never really "lost," just expecting things that never happened.

I think you can make a legitimate arguement that the exile is Revan all the way through Telos.  You're on the Ebon Hawk, Bao-Dur calls you "General," etc...

Revan, I believe, would hold the rank of admiral, because throughout both games he is mentioned for brilliance in fleet tactics, not ground manuevers. Malak would likely hold the rank of general, because in the first game he is noted for his superior fighting skills. But Malak is obviously dead, and the exile isn't... yet.

Hahaha, imagine Malak coming up to you going "Ha-ha-ha! Don't you get it? There is no plot twist!"

1. What?! How could you do this to me, Bastila?

[Movie sequence starts] They say the plot twists can do terrible things to a mind. What greater weapon is there than to have no plot twist?

My own wrong predictions.

Revan was most likely dead-killed by the unknown 3rd sith lord.

Atris was Nihilus-prediction based on the ad graphic that morphed them into each other. found out I was wrong when I first spotted nihilis and saw his massive guns (arms not blasters).

Correct predictions:

-Mandalore was Canderous-everyone thought this

-Sion was an apprentice to a greater master-remember I got into an argument with someone about this. My reasoning was that he had a vader/malak kind of thing going on and the brutish guy always ends up being subservient to a thinking/manipulative master. Also thought the name sion was derived from scion of which one definition is student.

-Bastila would not have a significant role in the game

-Revan would not be in the game (this was separate from the thought that revan would be dead)

I don't think the Republic would grant a Jedi the title Admiral. That would mean he would be one of the bosses of the entire military similar to Admiral Acbar in the movies or Grand Admiral Thrawn in the expanded universe.

He could be granted the title General since he and Malak lead a certain group for part of the war. Similar to Luke and Han Solo getting the title General in the movies.

Don't worry, there were things I predicted correctly. It was obvious that Kreia would turn on the exile and Atris would eventually turn.

Horay me and horay beer.

I don't think the Republic would grant a Jedi the title Admiral.  That would mean he would be one of the bosses of the entire military similar to Admiral Acbar in the movies or Grand Admiral Thrawn in the expanded universe.

Revan had a third of the entire republic fleet under her direct command during the Mandalorian War. That sounds like it would qualify for "admiral". If she was actually granted military rank within the republic fleet, or if she was just given command of a sizable chunk of the fleet by the senate as a Jedi remains untold.

For example, Bastila was given command of the Endar Spire at the start of the first game, even though Trask mentions she was not an officer within the fleet. Though the Jedi seems to hold a special position of authority within the republic, Revan was not acting on behalf of the Jedi Order when joining the war. She and her followers joined the republic fleet against the will of the Jedi Council.

It's possible that Revan convinced the Senate to place the republic fleet under her command without actually officially joining the fleet. She is described as very charismatic and was bringing several hundred Jedi with her, an offer the Senate probably wouldn't turn away as the Mandalorians were crushing the republic forces at the time.

Good point. I always thought that the Republic was just happy to have Revan and Malak join the fight that they gave them control over a portion of the fleet that took the fight to the Mandalorians.

I just think that is closer to the Han Solo and Luke examples I gave.

Guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Good point.  I always thought that the Republic was just happy to have Revan and Malak join the fight that they gave them control over a portion of the fleet that took the fight to the Mandalorians. 

I just think that is closer to the Han Solo and Luke examples I gave.

Guess we'll just agree to disagree.

If anyone could point me to the exact piece of dialogue which clarifies that Revan controlled only a portion of the Republic fleet I'd be most grateful. I've played through both Kotor games numerous times and so far I'm under the impression that Revan was given control of the entire Republic fleet, or at least the entire number of the fleet which was sent to fend off the Mandalorians. How much of that fleet disappeared with him is another matter entirely.

As for the General/Admiral question, I think that we can assume that the Exile was granted the title, or at least the position, of General. From that we can extrapolate that the Jedi who worked with the Republic during the Mandalorian Wars were given the titles that went with their positions. Therefore, Revan would certainly have held the rank of Admiral. This is a different situation from Bastilla's, as Bastilla was given one ship and a crew - presumably to keep her Battle Meditation mobile at all times for the Republic's benefit. Bastilla was aiding the Republic on the Jedi Council's behalf, not working for the Republic as Revan's Jedi were.

If anyone could point me to the exact piece of dialogue which clarifies that Revan controlled only a portion of the Republic fleet I'd be most grateful. I've played through both Kotor games numerous times and so far I'm under the impression that Revan was given control of the entire Republic fleet, or at least the entire number of the fleet which was sent to fend off the Mandalorians. How much of that fleet disappeared with him is another matter entirely.

If I remember correctly you are told by Master Dorak on Dantooine when he tells you about the recent history of the Jedi Order. When there is a choice of three or so questions to ask, picking the "How did Revan fall to the Dark Side" alternative he will mention that a third of the republic fleet was under Revan's direct command by the end of the war.

If I remember correctly you are told by Master Dorak on Dantooine when he tells you about the recent history of the Jedi Order. When there is a choice of three or so questions to ask, picking the "How did Revan fall to the Dark Side" alternative he will mention that a third of the republic fleet was under Revan's direct command by the end of the war.

Thank you, I'll check that out later.

Someone talks about visas demasking darth nihilus... I finished the game, she demasked him but I didn't see anything...Is there a way that a can see his face?

It may seem odd to you but I was thinking that darth nihilus may have been bastila, I start thinking that when I saw the holocron on korriban but changed my mind when Kreia said to me that he's a man. And you say that darth nihilus have the same voice as malak but for me he never talk, he seems to be talking with telepathy or something like that because i've never heard his voice... Is this a bug?

Someone talks about visas demasking darth nihilus... I finished the game, she demasked him but I didn't see anything...Is there a way that a can see his face?

It may seem odd to you but I was thinking that darth nihilus may have been bastila, I start thinking that when I saw the holocron on korriban but changed my mind when Kreia said to me that he's a man. And you say that darth nihilus have the same voice as malak but for me he never talk, he seems to be talking with telepathy or something like that because i've never heard his voice... Is this a bug?

You don't see his face, but you do gain more connection to the force by taking the mask as a trophy.

Nihilus is Nihilus. He's not Bastilla, or Revan, or anyone else. He is a product of Malachor 5, and neither of those people were at the battle of Malachor 5.

You don't see his face, but you do gain more connection to the force by taking the mask as a trophy.

Nihilus is Nihilus. He's not Bastilla, or Revan, or anyone else. He is a product of Malachor 5, and neither of those people were at the battle of Malachor 5.

Nihilus and the Exile are two parts of the same individual. When the exile seperated himself from the force, that aspect of him could not cease to exist and became Nihilus.

Hahaha, imagine Malak coming up to you going "Ha-ha-ha! Don't you get it? There is no plot twist!"

1. What?! How could you do this to me, Bastila?

[Movie sequence starts] They say the plot twists can do terrible things to a mind. What greater weapon is there than to have no plot twist?

No plot twist? More like no continuous plot in the first place... <_<