telos millitary facility

does anyone know how to open the door to the sublevel in the millitary base on telos

AFAIK you can't.

Also the damaged droid up there is supposed to be used for some sort of puzzle, but every time I try to do anything with him he just walks a few feet away and then explodes.

I think a good deal of the game was taken out of that part of the planet.

has anyone else been able to figure this out, or is the protocol droid that blows up the key? I skipped this door first time through but would like to figure it out this time.

Wonder about it no more....

That door leads to the "HK FACTORY", and for laughs and giggles I played through the side quest last night! NO, you can't get there through the door. It was originaly planned that there would be a side quest with HK, called the "HK factory" (it comes up in conversation quite early on with HK, but oddly led to nowhere).

As it turns out the DEVs did quite a bit of work on the "HK FACTORY", it is however only accessable currently by downloading a modified save game file, that can be copied to the xbox harddrive via an "ACTION REPLAY", or similar device (thanks STORMSINGER!)

http://home.alltel.net/jls31/

There's the location of the save game file you need. Aparently there is more to this game than meets the casual oberver. Enjoy.

What's Action Replay? And how do you get it?

The action replay (I just got one 2 weeks ago and love it!), is one such device that allows you to share save files between your xbxo and your PC. This allows you to download modified save files from the web and put them on your xbox to play with.

The good news is that it works with OUT having to make any modifications to your xbox.

Already someone has a gamesave that allows you to play as HK in the previously innaccessable HK factory mission. You really have to see the factory and the dialog is a laugh riot. Too bad it was never fully included into the game.

You can get an ACTION REPLAY from either:

www.ebgames.com

www.gamestop.com

costs about $30.

We already bought the game, we might as well be able to play the whole thing huh?

do you know if it might be possible when the pc version comes out to play the hk factory on the pc or can it only be used for the xbox?

From what I know of KotOR I, motifying save game files is very easy, so I am pretty sure you will be able to play the level.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

has anyone else been able to figure this out, or is the protocol droid that blows up the key? I skipped this door first time through but would like to figure it out this time.

That door leads to the "HK FACTORY", and for laughs and giggles I played through the side quest last night! NO, you can't get there through the door. It was originaly planned that there would be a side quest with HK, called the "HK factory" (it comes up in conversation quite early on with HK, but oddly led to nowhere).

As it turns out the DEVs did quite a bit of work on the "HK FACTORY", it is however only accessable currently by downloading a modified save game file, that can be copied to the xbox harddrive via an "ACTION REPLAY", or similar device (thanks STORMSINGER!)

There's the location of the save game file you need. Aparently there is more to this game than meets the casual oberver. Enjoy.

How much would you say is complete on it?

How much would you say is complete on it?

It's approximately 3 maps long (there may be more to it, I haven't had time to play through it more), and numerous encounters to be had. Overall it is certinly larger than the original TELOS military base by quite a bit, and larger in number of total rooms than the spacestation ('I'll try to get some pics of the maps involved this weekend as well). Even with the little bit that I played through, it seemed oddly close to completion (sometimes a conversation will lead to a cutscene, where there will be text requesting a dev to create the scene, however the scene will play as if it was done).

Unfortunately it can only be played solo with HK (and he is powered up beyond any challenge!), but if you're an HK fan, there's a lot of story and dialog (humor) that you'll not want to miss. A wild guess might be an hour or so of playtime exploring, and going thru encounters there.

I quite inadvertently completed to quest (shut down production, and the facility reactor), and took the lift back to the TELOS military base, only to be given a formerly unsen movie of a Sith/republic war going on above... After that it locks up in loading.

It seems very near completion, they obviously put a lot of time into it, shame it got cut.

It makes me wonder if there are other "missions" on the disc that didn't make it to the "final" version.

That is quite possibly the sadest news I've heard about this game...  Cutting something like that out.

/sigh

About 5 minutes into it (with dialogue blazing), I immidiately felt bad for the devs and voice actors who worked on this part.... all that effort and no one to see it.

I'm sure there's no way this could ever happen, but take what BETHESDASOFT did with MORROWIND for the XBOX. BETHESDASOFT issued a "GAME OF THE YEAR" version of MORROWIND for the XBOX after their original release, and included new lands, quests, items, etc.

Unfortunately OBSIDIAN is at the mercy of LUCASARTS, but a version with additional content would be much welcomed I think.

Like I said, if you love HK (not my personal favourite, but I appreciate the humour), then you should definitely check it out. PICs to come....

The GOTY Morrowind was just the PC version again, with the two expansion packs they released for sale, bundled up.  It didn't have deleted content or anything that was cut from the inital release.

No, but it had "additional content" not in the original release, and it sold, sold, sold! Perhaps it is a sort of precedent for OBSIDIAN to do a release with "addiitonal" content (read content not fully developed, but either inaccessable, or sitting around on some workstation). Maybe they could do a deal, where you trade in your old game, and get a new one at a discount price.

Naaa, hell will freeze over first.

maybe one of the devs that are still watching the pc version will finish it and put it in.

excuse me i need to go pray

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png