So much for "no more mature topics in D&D"

deganawida

"...and..um..."kids"?"

Yeah, this explains why kids were in NWN including HOTU. And, if you want, very much killable.

I don't remember there being any kids in HOTU - in NWN, yes, but that came out prior to the 2003 "crackdown". Also wasn't a brothel also taken out of HOTU?

Didn't the NWN Inn have a child or two? If not, meh, still, there's a lot of so called 'mature' stuf in both HOTU and TOEE to destroy these claims.

You are correct. The starting inn had a few children NPCs

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Yes, but no drow children.  No children where the bulk of the fighting was going to take place.

because no such models exist. The only non-cc children models are human. Thus thats why they only appear in the offical modules.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

"Yes, but no drow children. No children where the bulk of the fighting was going to take place. "

Eh. IIRC, you were in the NW inn for like 10 minuts of game play AND had a 'major' battle there. Not exactly combat free was it?

"So, Bioware was lazy."

Or, from a less anal person's point of view, they probably felt art resources were better off elesewhere then just making kiddies for other races.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Get the beholder model or a few added children models... hhhmm let me think about that one..

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

"Is it just me, or do the children in Bio games sound like adults?"

Hmm.. I never noticed then; but soem 'adult" vocies sound like chdilren. ie. Listen to the NWN 'solar' one.

Ha.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

....And I wouldn't want to play in a game where there was "...nothing but drug-addled hookers toting bloodied machetes all over the place..."  Gritty is fine, but grit for no reason other than to show how ugly you can make a campaign just seems stupid to me.

I was just using it as a hyperbolic example.

I understood that. ...Or at least I'd assumed that. Actually, if anythying, I agree with you. If you want nothing but ugliness in your campaign, you should be able to include it yourself. Campaign books should give hints and pointers for creating a setting and one dedicated solely to a setting that makes Fallout look like fantasyland just has absolutely no appeal to me.

Still, Dega is right concerning the statements about WotC and mature content.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The WotC guidelines were fairly unambiguous re. mature content.

So, here we have a situation where WotC has happily ignired it's own guidelines...

conclusion?

WotC realised their guidelines were bunk. The guy who signed off on them is probably out of the loop now. Will this stop Wizards using their content guidelines as a capricious and wildly inconsistent blunt instrument to bludgeon CRPG developers with? [/] rhetorical question.

Happy New Year.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG