Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

So much for "no more mature topics in D&D"

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

....And I wouldn't want to play in a game where there was "...nothing but drug-addled hookers toting bloodied machetes all over the place..."  Gritty is fine, but grit for no reason other than to show how ugly you can make a campaign just seems stupid to me.

I was just using it as a hyperbolic example.

I understood that. ...Or at least I'd assumed that. Actually, if anythying, I agree with you. If you want nothing but ugliness in your campaign, you should be able to include it yourself. Campaign books should give hints and pointers for creating a setting and one dedicated solely to a setting that makes Fallout look like fantasyland just has absolutely no appeal to me.

Still, Dega is right concerning the statements about WotC and mature content.

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6713 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The WotC guidelines were fairly unambiguous re. mature content.

So, here we have a situation where WotC has happily ignired it's own guidelines...

WotC realised their guidelines were bunk. The guy who signed off on them is probably out of the loop now. Will this stop Wizards using their content guidelines as a capricious and wildly inconsistent blunt instrument to bludgeon CRPG developers with? [/] rhetorical question.

Happy New Year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users