An...odd question

I have noticed that one of the major gripes that people seem to have about KotOR2 is the lack of info given as to what Revan is up to and where he/she is. I find this slightly odd, as the story for the sequel focuses on the Exile, not the former Dark Lord of the Sith. I understand that Revan is a central character in both games, but Obsidian was up-front about the Exile being the main character of the sequel. So, why, then, are so many people ticked off that this game doesn't revolve around Revan? Sure, Revan was cool and all, but the Exile was also an extremely interesting character, one that I bonded with quite a bit more than with Revan.

Edit: Drat it all, no formatting in titles! Just imagine that "odd" is italicized.

I have noticed that one of the major gripes that people seem to have about KotOR2 is the lack of info given as to what Revan is up to and where he/she is.  I find this slightly odd, as the story for the sequel focuses on the Exile, not the former Dark Lord of the Sith.  I understand that Revan is a central character in both games, but Obsidian was up-front about the Exile being the main character of the sequel.  So, why, then, are so many people ticked off that this game doesn't revolve around Revan?  Sure, Revan was cool and all, but the Exile was also an extremely interesting character, one that I bonded with quite a bit more than with Revan.

Edit:  Drat it all, no formatting in titles!  Just imagine that "odd" is italicized.

Actually I could care less about what Reven is up to. The part of the game that annoys me to no end is that the history of the Exile and the plot surrounded him isn't really well written and seems to have several incredibly glaring loose ends.

While I find KOTOR-2 to be a pretty enjoyable game, I'm not going to kid myself and claim that the writing is as good as the original game. There are a lot of plot holes and areas that seem to be important but never quite go anywhere and alot of things that are just pretty much never resolved or given any kind of closure at all.

Don't get me wrong, the things that are in the game are for the most part pretty well done, but there is obviously alot of stuff that is missing and alot of things that were removed from the game (probably due to time constraints due to lucas arts forcing a christmas release). The game itself just doesn't seem nearly as complete as the original one, and thats the area in my estimation where it comes up short.

Oh, I'll freely admit that I think that there was too much missing about the Exile's story to make it superb; I especially feel that the events of Malachor V should have been dealt with in a much more concrete manner, rather than in loading screens and one optional high-influence convo with Bao-Dur. I mean, heck, the whole game is about the Exile needing to come to grips with his past and put Malachor V behind him ("He carries his destination with him," as Kavar says at one point, thus indicating that he constantly carries the deaths of those at Malachor V with him), and yet that event is implied in the final battle, but never stated.

As for the writing of KotOR2 vs. KotOR1, I felt the sequel's was superior to the original. However, the storytelling of The Sith Lords was vastly inferior to the original's. Someone else made the analogy of a brilliant term paper written at the last minute: there are great ideas, and the writing is astounding, but there are too many dropped ideas, too many holes in the subject, etc.

I have noticed that one of the major gripes that people seem to have about KotOR2 is the lack of info given as to what Revan is up to and where he/she is.  I find this slightly odd, as the story for the sequel focuses on the Exile, not the former Dark Lord of the Sith.  I understand that Revan is a central character in both games, but Obsidian was up-front about the Exile being the main character of the sequel.  So, why, then, are so many people ticked off that this game doesn't revolve around Revan?  Sure, Revan was cool and all, but the Exile was also an extremely interesting character, one that I bonded with quite a bit more than with Revan.

Edit:  Drat it all, no formatting in titles!  Just imagine that "odd" is italicized.

Actually I could care less about what Reven is up to. The part of the game that annoys me to no end is that the history of the Exile and the plot surrounded him isn't really well written and seems to have several incredibly glaring loose ends.

While I find KOTOR-2 to be a pretty enjoyable game, I'm not going to kid myself and claim that the writing is as good as the original game. There are a lot of plot holes and areas that seem to be important but never quite go anywhere and alot of things that are just pretty much never resolved or given any kind of closure at all.

Don't get me wrong, the things that are in the game are for the most part pretty well done, but there is obviously alot of stuff that is missing and alot of things that were removed from the game (probably due to time constraints due to lucas arts forcing a christmas release). The game itself just doesn't seem nearly as complete as the original one, and thats the area in my estimation where it comes up short.

I have no problem with the open-endedness of what happened to Revan. It sets up a sequel nicely if that happens. I would have loved to see more on what happened to the other NPC's from the first game, but it wasn't (and shouldn't have been) Obsidian's main concern. They needed to concentrate on the Exile and the new NPCs.

My problem is that they didn't seem to complete that. All the NPC's that I've dealt with in this game seem like their 2/3 done.