****ing dell!!!

roshan

this company is completely screwed up. i bought a laptop from them costing almost 2000 dollars on the 28th of last month. i sent them an email on jan 2 and then again on jan 4. when you mail them through the website, they tell you that they will send you an automatic reply confirming that they recieved the email, but i didnt get any of these automated replies. this morning, they finally reply to me saying that they cancelled my order on the 29th!!! but on the 30th, my credit card company called and informed me that the money has been taken from my account.

wtf is this? they take the money from my account and cancel my order! now their customer support is saying that they cancelled the order because of credit problems and the retarded customer care doesnt know anything else other than that. what the ****???

i dont think im ever going to order anything from these retards again. i just want my damn money back!!!!!

this company is completely screwed up. i bought a laptop from them costing almost 2000 dollars on the 28th of last month. i sent them an email on jan 2 and then again on jan 4. when you mail them through the website, they tell you that they will send you an automatic reply confirming that they recieved the email, but i didnt get any of these automated replies. this morning, they finally reply to me saying that they cancelled my order on the 29th!!! but on the 30th, my credit card company called and informed me that the money has been taken from my account.

wtf is this? they take the money from my account and cancel my order! now their customer support is saying that they cancelled the order because of credit problems and the retarded customer care doesnt know anything else other than that. what the ****???

i dont think im ever going to order anything from these retards again. i just want my damn money back!!!!!

Zoq: That certainly does suck. Though we've never had any troubles with Dell.

Fot: Legal action is my advice.

Pik: ...

Zoq: Yeah, good luck with that.

zoqfotpik-sitting.gif

I absolutley loathe and despise Dell.

I had this really nice laptop. They totally screwed my dad over on the financing (it JUST got payed off a few months ago.) Everything was fine with the laptop, until the second the warranty wore off. Then BOOM! Everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong.

My current laptop is an HP, through a local store with awesome financing.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

i sent them an email on jan 2 and then again on jan 4. when you mail them through the website, they tell you that they will send you an automatic reply confirming that they recieved the email, but i didnt get any of these automated replies.

your mail client (or windows settings) most likely has a problem with web based email systems. i have the same problem. i.e. when an "automated" reply comes in from a web page, the server sees it as spam or something malevolent and blocks it. such blocks should be logged, IMO, so you can at least figure out where messages are getting dropped.

i haven't figured out whether it's my client or my XP settings, however. XP does so much "automatic" crap that it's hard to tell where the blockage is occuring. i know for sure it's not my router (which has its own firewall to boot).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

It was the best laptop I could find for the money(975 pounds).

1028 mb 400 mhz ram, radeon 9700 128 mb, pentium 4 3.2 ghz, wusga screen, 60 gb 5200 rpm hard disk, dvd writer.

Can you recommend anything better with a similar price?

Can you recommend anything better with a similar price?

Lets see... 2000$ for... how much laptop was it that money got you ? Oh, nothing ? Well, then I would say just about any other vendor might potentially give you more laptop for your money ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, I would strongly suggest you take a look at Acer computers, since you seem to live in Europe, Roshan. They're good, reliable and cheap. If you have lots and lots of money, they even have models that were designed by Ferrari and carry the Black Stallion brand!

Anyhow, they're cheap :rolleyes:

Check them out here: http://global.acer.com/

Ps. I think the Ferrari Acer's better looking than Alienware..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!