Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RPGs of 2005

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Dhruin

Dhruin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

are these really the only rpgs scheduled for a 2005 release?  i could have sworn there were more than that.  >_<

thats rather depressing.  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We tracked 31 full releases...seems a fair bit to me. Some won't make it, some won't get finished at all, some others will pop up and lots will be crap. You expected more than that?

NeverwinterKnight

NeverwinterKnight

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1320 posts

We tracked 31 full releases...seems a fair bit to me.  Some won't make it, some won't get finished at all, some others will pop up and lots will be crap.  You expected more than that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah my mistake. i didnt see the link for part 2 and 3 of the article, so i thought those listed on page 1 were it, hence my "is that all?" comment. :">

roshan

roshan

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2425 posts
The ones that interest me are:

goldenland
the fall
metalheart (maybe)

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts

are these really the only rpgs scheduled for a 2005 release?  i could have sworn there were more than that.  :blink:

thats rather depressing.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We tracked 31 full releases...seems a fair bit to me. Some won't make it, some won't get finished at all, some others will pop up and lots will be crap. You expected more than that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've learned that it's best not to have any expectations of great cRPG's in the 21th century. <_<

For all the genocide, ethnic cleansing and wars the 20th century will be remembered for, at least we can thank it for FO1, FO2 & PS:T. :">

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts
It seems like the better the technology gets.... the less games we seem to get...

That's not right by any measure :blink:

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Bah. Games have tended to get better. I expect that overall trend to continue though 2004 wasn't the best year. Some people have nostaligia twisting the past.

draakh_kimera

draakh_kimera

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 193 posts
I'd say games get better graphic wise and gameplay wise, but not necesarrily story wise. I agree with Volourn though, though I can't say much about nostalgia. Well, the original Super Mario on Nintendo brings back some fun memories, but other than that, no.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
"but not necesarrily story wise"

true. Story wise it's always a crapshoot. Espicially sicne story has nothing to do with the tech and is almost 100% opinion based on whther someone likes or dislikes a story.

Dhruin

Dhruin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Have to agree with Volourn. :thumbsup:

taks

taks

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2024 posts

The ones that interest me are:

goldenland
the fall
metalheart (maybe)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i was looking forward to goldenland, but the looooooong time spent translating the game into english has me thinking it's vaporware. my guess is the game isn't doing that well and the publisher is balking. given this, and the fact that the developers never visit their own message board (not since october), i doubt we'll see it this year, maybe never.

taks

taks

taks

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2024 posts
volourn, you've had good luck with supporting comments from the masses lately... perhaps your form of "clarity" is catching?

taks

PS: i couldn't resist... :thumbsup:

Duskreaver

Duskreaver

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
I'm looking forward to TES4. Morrowind was pretty awesome, and I'd like to see how they follow it up.

Aponez

Aponez

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 419 posts

Between, what type of game is Freedom Force? ¿Strategy? ¿RPG? ¿FPS? How is? :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ain't it cute how he keeps on using those inverted spanish questionmarks? :luck:
(no offense Aponez ;) )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not offence Ludozee, but my english is very poor, and about your gramathics I'm worst ever, then I write with english words but using the spanish gramathical rules :">

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts

Between, what type of game is Freedom Force? ¿Strategy? ¿RPG? ¿FPS? How is? :-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ain't it cute how he keeps on using those inverted spanish questionmarks? :-
(no offense Aponez >_< )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not offence Ludozee, but my english is very poor, and about your gramathics I'm worst ever, then I write with english words but using the spanish gramathical rules :">

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't let Lucozee bother you, he's Dutch. People from Holland speak better English than most people from America. :">

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts

Between, what type of game is Freedom Force? ¿Strategy? ¿RPG? ¿FPS? How is? :-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ain't it cute how he keeps on using those inverted spanish questionmarks? :-
(no offense Aponez >_< )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, you're getting better :) don't feel ashamed :)

Your English is far better than my Spanish remember :)

Diogo Ribeiro

Diogo Ribeiro

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4823 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:ModernPlague
My spanish is just improvisation at best :p

Aponez

Aponez

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 419 posts

Hey, you're getting better  don't feel ashamed

Your English is far better than my Spanish remember

I'm not sure about that milady, I think your spanish is better than my english :lol:

Ludozee

Ludozee

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 867 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please, by all means accept my humble apologies if made you feel bad about yourself...
I am the one who should be ashamed...(But I still do think they look cute. I can't seem to find them on my keyboard though :devil: )

Edit: Well, this is a great place to improve your English (that is, if you don't pay a lot of attention to grammatical errors ;) )

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5356 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

My spanish is just improvisation at best :)

I hear you. One would think that being neighbors and all we would do better at understanding each other. Ah, the bitter irony... :)

Aponez

Aponez

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 419 posts

My spanish is just improvisation at best ;)

I hear you. One would think that being neighbors and all we would do better at understanding each other. Ah, the bitter irony... :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he talk in portuguese I can understand what he says, Portuguese isn't very different than gallego :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users