Is it Raining on Your Parade?

Many XBox players on these boards have said how disappointed they were in KOTOR II.

Thus, many PC'ers have lost some of their enthusiasm for KOTOR II. Other, however, have refused to let these complaints of the XBox lessen their expectations.

So how about you?

Have the XBoxers rained on your parade?

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Not at all.  I already figured I wouldn't be getting this game.

hehe, you're such a liar Hades. You're going to get this game and play it :thumbsup:

And no, theyr'e views haven't ruined anything for me. Instead I'm more excited than I orignially was about this game. It's getting very mixed opinions, and people are comparing the ending to Halo 2. This makes it more interesting for me to see what it's like. And I'm not worried about the bugs the Xboxers are getting, patches work miracles on PC games. :D

Let me tell you something, IMO, Halo 2's ending was perfect. There was alot going on that they couldn't fit into 1 game, so they stopped at the only logical point to stop at. Master Chief on a ship headed for earth after the crisis at Delta Halo was resolved temporarily. If somebody can tell me a better way they could have ended it, lemme know.

I definately have been discouraged by x-boxers' complaints. I had been planning to buy the pc version as soon as soon as it hit store shelves, but i will now be waiting until reviews and feedback from players come out. I have even decided to wait until sith lords makes it to the bargain bin if the pc version turns out to be as buggy or buggier (as I am expecting it to be) than the x-box version, or not buy it at all. I for one am glad for seeing all the x-box complaints; it could end up saving me money.

No, there's at least one miraluka Jedi I can think of in the TotJ comics. I can't remember her name and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Shoneb Culu

shoaneb2s.jpg

The thing is, there has only been two major complains about the game.

1. Glitches (cause of the majority of the complaints), which according to the devs, will be fixed for the PC version, so no problem there.

2. The not so great ending. Now that i know the ending is not so great, i will be prepared for it, and it wouldn't be a let down.

So yea, I think PC version will kick absolute ass.

1.  Glitches (cause of the majority of the complaints), which according to the devs, will be fixed for the PC version, so no problem there.

2.  The not so great ending.  Now that i know the ending is not so great, i will be prepared for it, and it wouldn't be a let down.

its not just the ending that people are disappointed with. the story itself is a bit...not really sure the word.

1.  Glitches (cause of the majority of the complaints), which according to the devs, will be fixed for the PC version, so no problem there.

2.  The not so great ending.  Now that i know the ending is not so great, i will be prepared for it, and it wouldn't be a let down.

Well, there have been quite a few reported design flaws too. I don't think those will be corrected in a patch.

Still, my opinion hasn't changed. I'll try the game when it comes out, and decide for myself if it's worth my money. No amount of bitching or bad reviews is going to change that.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I've heard many things, but I will not judge anything until I've played the game for myself and that's it.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Gromnir played kotor2 on the xbox... but we will buy for pc.

many of our problems with kotor2 will, no doubt, be resolved with a pc release. bugs can be patched on a pc release. slowdowns won't be a real issue as they were not on the kotor pc version. etc.

many of the other problems we had with kotor2 were problems we already expected. we knew that balance would be screwy (just as it were in kotor,) and we knew that combat would pose no real challenge, and we assumed that party ai would still be a pain in the arse on occasion. am not seeing how we could be discouraged by xboxer comments on such things as we already knew such stuff were coming anyway.

there is some story stuff that we found disappointing 'bout kotor2... stuff we didn't expect from obsidian developers. however, in spite of some glaring problems, kotor2 actually were very good from a story perspective.

as we note already, Gromnir played the xbox version, but we not been dissuaded from buying th pc version. for persons who own both a pc and an xbox, we would highly recommend waiting for the pc release

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I enjoyed the game and had a lot of fun playing it and I will also buy the PC version. However, we cannot deny that there are some flaws. The xbox version gives me an impression that it has been rushed out for xmas. There are a lot of new goodies and animations that improve and add variety upon Kotor 1 but in my opinion these are secondary in a rpg.

I noticed more than a few glitches. I am not talking about the black screen problem which I never really experienced - seems more like a hardware issue but coding problems. The main things I noticed are global and local variables problems which may result in broken quests (including the main quest) if you happen to save your game at certain specific points in the game and reload. There are also some force powers that don't work. These issues are easily fixed and I am more than confident that they will be corrected when the PC version is released but I find this hardly excusable for the xbox version as those should have been easily discovered during QA testing.

The other thing that bugged me are numerous dialogues that are repeated ad perpetuam and/or that do not make sense once an event has occured. You kill a boss and npcs keep telling you that you are yet to meet the boss...Also, some quests have been removed but dialogue branches referring to these quests have been left in the game. It's not a big deal but it leaves a "strange" feeling...

However, overall, this game is still very good and well worth playing...more than once (it is certainly way better than most of the games that are released).

yes I've gotten some warnings that I intend to follow .. so before I buy the game myself, I will try it by other means, maybe borrow or rent it, if possible .. but I will try before I buy ..

Fortune favors the bald.

don't let the haters jade you -- play and judge for yourself!  The game deserves atleast that....

I happen to love it.  :)

well I've spoken to people I know share my tastes in these matters .. I fully intent to try it! no doubt .. I've been expecting this game for far to long to simple walk away .. but if it turns out to be as "bad" (or at least as mildly disappointing as said by many) I won't spend my precious 80$ on it, and will wait until the game get's cheaper ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Unfortunately that isn't a possibility for PC gamers.

Which part, the "play" or "love" part? :o

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Well, most X-Box complaints are related to things that won't be an issue for PC users, such as loading times and frame rates.

As for the game itself, I find some of the comments made by X-Box players so moronic that I will probably find KotOR 2 to be the best game I ever played, surpassing the likes of Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and KotOR 1.

I will be waiting in right in front of the stores the day KotOR 2 comes out.

As for the game itself, I find some of the comments made by X-Box players so moronic that I will probably find KotOR 2 to be the best game I ever played, surpassing the likes of Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and KotOR 1.

Nothing wrong with having your own preferences but, how does a moronic comment about the game make it better in your eyes? :o

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.