Max Character Level

I was unaware of the "balancing" that Obsidian put into this game. What you are all saying is that the more powerful my pc becomes, the more powerful the enemies become. Is that part of the DnD d20 rule set? I always thought that in the ruleset that an enemy's hp, bab and saves were calculated based on that enemy's level; not the pc's level. If that's the case then, I believe that Obsidian did d20 a great disservice by basing an enemy's stats on your pc's stats.

bs... and you know it. is some encounters where you need very high persuade or computer or repair or numbers or other skills... but you can explain away your cheating all you want. as we said, only you is getting hurt, so no harm.

You should return to your village, they need their idiot.

actual numeric feedback from somebody who does own the game and they has noted that with REASONABLE level differentials, there is no scaling of enemy bab and saves

Who gives a goddamn about this numberic ****? Allow me to repeat it for you again, since you fail to read entire posts, rather just bumble through them like a blubbering vagina.

If it was not the case, then when you solo with Hanharr he should not have been almost dead at lvl 50 after fighting two rooms of badguys. He should, in theory have stormed through them like they were ants. There is a significant difference, whether your 8 level difference friend sees it or not.

If your idiocy were correct, than Hanharr should have blitzed through the entire area with no effort, since he would have been fighting enemies ~30 levels below him. Instead, he was faced with enemies that did enough damage to squash him if he were lvl 20 or so. He has 100's and 100's of hit points at that level, and they just smashed him down rather quickly. Enough that I was only able to clear a few rooms before running to the door to free the exile.

bizarre reasons why ownership is so important

Beause you talk from your ass. You can't leave your PC, go to your XBOX, pop in the game, boot up a save try something out, then play to get to lvl 50 in another game and notice a drastic difference.

Game 1 I played through normally, namely because I didn't know about the hisses in the tomb.

Game 2 I played to get as powerful as possible, and found it not once bit easier to complete.

It was equally as easy both ways, the differences in damage recieved from enemies, and the damage enemies recieved before they died was significant. I had the same issue with Hanharr the first time I played that section at lvl 18 or so, as I did when I did it at lvl 50.

I wonder what two sentences you'll pick out of this post to further your cause of ignorance on this subject will be?

Only played through once, was level 29 at the end. Fighting the sith lords was far too easy in my opinion. Kreia was the only one capable of even scratching me. The first KOTOR had a better balance. There was more build up to fighting Malak, and it took a bit of thinking and effort. I was surprised that your whole party could fight Darth N - what with his cool mask, and being on the cover of the game, trailors etc, I was expecting a fight. He was dead in seconds.

I don't know how it's cheating when there is no gain. I just wanted to try it out.

There are no advantages, in fact, it seems like you become weaker. It's just something to try out if you want to spend time so you can get many force powers.

I don't know how it's cheating when there is no gain. I just wanted to try it out.

There are no advantages, in fact, it seems like you become weaker. It's just something to try out if you want to spend time so you can get many force powers.

True. When I was at Lvl 50 DS and fought Talia, it took forever. Even though my Force Kill did about 477 damage per three seconds, it didn't even make a dent on her health. See, I don't think the enemy saves or anything increase...I think that their vitality is raised to an alarming rate.

I'm glad the level cap is gone.  My character was not at all usefull at level 20, and nearly incapable of taking on Malak.

If that is the case, then you either auto-leveled up or have little to no skill in building a character. I killed Malak very easily as a Jedi Sentinel, despite the fact that force powers rarely/don't work on him and this is the weakest class for lightsaber combat.

Leveling to 50 using a glitch is cheating no matter how you slice the cake. Yes, ok maybe the game does scale to your level, but it does not account for the fact that you get every feat and force power, which you would not have otherwise. And the fact that it is a glitch, and not something the dev's intended, is kind of a red light that you're not supposed to get to level 50!

If you were someone who was terribely at selecting force powers/feats, then leveling to 50 would negate your inability to understand how to build a character. This is cheating. I'm not saying it isn't worth doing after you've beaten the game on dark and light and are looking for something fun to do, but it is still cheating.

And I'm not sure who said it, but KotOR 1, did scale in a manner of speaking. Not like this game apparently does, but depending on what order you did the 4 main planets, the enemies would be harder/easier on them based on your level.

I think having no real level cap in this game is silly. It doesn't work for a game like this with a linear storyline and a limited amount of XP in the game. For a game like Morrowind which is absolutely huge and without bounds and you can do it however you please, it works, but I just believe it unbalances the game by devaluing having to pick your feats/powers intelligently.

If it was not intended, they would have capped your level off at a reasonable point. As it stands, and the fact enemies scale to your level, the system works as good as it does if you don't do the exp glitch. You make it seem as though all those powers/feats make your character more powerful... The game is so easy to begin with that the extra force powers/feats don't amount to squat, since you can, by level 25 or so, have everything that's "good".

I love the fact the the level cap is 50....if there is one at all. It adds to the replay value. Quit moaning about the level cap and focus on the fact that the game is incomplete and buggy. Anything that adds replay value is aces with me.

• 4 weeks later...

Without exploiting any unlimited XP glitches i was able to get up to:

15 Jedi Guardian

15 Jedi Weapons Master

At the very end I was approx. 1200 short of another level up.

I cracked every safe and door posssible, disarmed every single mine I could, and killed absolutley everyone that would give me XP. I would even run into battle to disarm mines before random idiots could step on them and waste them.

I am an XP whore!!