Max Character Level

Sorry, I am new to this forum. I was curious as to the max level that your pc can attain. I played through KOTOR I numerous times and was unhappy at the lvl 20 max. My question is what is the maximux level that you can attain in KOTOR2?:">

Thank you for the quick replies. Also, do you continue to get Attribute points every four lvls? I would assume that you would. When do you run out of feat points for your level? IE: If your PC is at lvl 40, would they receive atrribute, skills, feats and powers points? Just curious. :ph34r:

On my third time trough right now 2nd planet. Level 20.

End 2nd at 28.

1st at 24. but level cap is 50 i believe.

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

Thank you for the quick replies.  Also, do you continue to get Attribute points every four lvls?  I would assume that you would.  When do you run out of feat points for your level?  IE: If your PC is at lvl 40, would they receive atrribute, skills, feats and powers points?  Just curious.    :ph34r:

Yes, you continue to recieve your normal feat/attribute progression.

Ummm. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I like "uber" characters as much as the next person, but ... seriously, how does a D20 game go up to 50 levels? :ph34r: Just wondering. Admittedly, I'm pretty ignorant about the D20 rule set, but if characters can go up to level 50, shouldn't the DC also go up to 50? ;) Am I just misunderstanding the whole rule set thing?

I know that from playing through NWN, you can get up to lvl 40. Personally, I am glad that Obsidian left out the lvl 20 cap. I like to go through a game and slay indiscriminently!! Anyhow, thank all of you for the replies. I just got the game for X-mas and have played for about 15 hours. I'm just waiting to get to lvl 15 to become a weapon master. Thanks for all of the input!!! (w00t)

Ummm.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I like "uber" characters as much as the next person, but ... seriously, how does a D20 game go up to 50 levels?  :ph34r:  Just wondering. Admittedly, I'm pretty ignorant about the D20 rule set, but if characters can go up to level 50, shouldn't the DC also go up to 50?  :devil:  Am I just misunderstanding the whole rule set thing?

I dunno, I don't play the rulebook stuff. What I can tell you is the enemy difficulty (even though lacking completely) scales with your characters. So lvl 50 or lvl 20, still takes roughly the same 2 seconds to kill an enemy.

Ummm.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I like "uber" characters as much as the next person, but ... seriously, how does a D20 game go up to 50 levels?  :ph34r:  Just wondering. Admittedly, I'm pretty ignorant about the D20 rule set, but if characters can go up to level 50, shouldn't the DC also go up to 50?  :devil:  Am I just misunderstanding the whole rule set thing?

I dunno, I don't play the rulebook stuff. What I can tell you is the enemy difficulty (even though lacking completely) scales with your characters. So lvl 50 or lvl 20, still takes roughly the same 2 seconds to kill an enemy.

are you sure about the scaling aspect? kotor did NOT scale... and what little experience we got with kotor2 suggest that it did not scale either (had to replay a signifficant portion of game, and a battle that were tough when we played dantooine as first chosen planet, were cake when we played third instead.)

am just curious where you get your info. no doubt we could simply have looked at feedback screenie and compared to see if enemies actually were tougher (more hps and better bab) depending on our own level, but it did not seem important.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Did Nar Shadda as a lvl 13-15 on my 1st game, and as a lvl 50 on my second game.  The enemies took a lot more damage in the second game.

how did you get level 50??????? I killed EVERYTHING and did every quest and got level 28.

Tho only other thing I could have done was have Kreia in group for the xp bonus but I truely doubt that would have given me 22 more levels.

So was that a typo or just massive massive expansion on the truth?

Did Nar Shadda as a lvl 13-15 on my 1st game, and as a lvl 50 on my second game.  The enemies took a lot more damage in the second game.

how did you get level 50??????? I killed EVERYTHING and did every quest and got level 28.

Tho only other thing I could have done was have Kreia in group for the xp bonus but I truely doubt that would have given me 22 more levels.

There is a tomb in korriban where u can click on a dead jedi and it spawns a few enemies. You can just click on the jedi a bunch of times and then AOE with force lightning and collect thousands of XP a minute. It's very easy (and boring) way to gain levels.

I think its posted as the l33t hack or whatever on every game faq website in the known universe :)

There is a tomb in korriban where u can click on a dead jedi and it spawns a few enemies. You can just click on the jedi a bunch of times and then AOE with force lightning and collect thousands of XP a minute. It's very easy (and boring) way to gain levels.

I think its posted as the l33t hack or whatever on every game faq website in the known universe :)

LOL! Ahhhh that would explain it then!

heh I stay away from those sites as why bother playing the games at all if your going to cheat? Makes no sence to me! hehehe

am still not sure 'bout this. figuring out hps is not as easy as looking at bab and saves in the feedback screenie... and we just had somebody check for us and they not seem to be seeing an increase in bab or saves for same battle in spite of fact that their pc were of differing levels... 8 levels different in point of fact.

is possible that the enemies does get an hp increase, but if their saves and bab and other abilities not scale then it ain't really scaling to any real degree.

could somebody actually check this? we not actually own game, so we cannot check feedback screenie to verify.

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. yeah, using a glitch to level up to 50 is cheating... but as this is a single person game, it not really matter as only person getting cheated is the person cheating.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"p.s. yeah, using a glitch to level up to 50 is cheating... but as this is a single person game, it not really matter as only person getting cheated is the person cheating."

Nobody is getting cheated since the game does not become any easier. You just benefit from a the higher level, while the enemies DO scale to your ability.

If it was not the case, then when you solo with Hanharr he should not have been almost dead at lvl 50 after fighting two rooms of badguys. He should, in theory have stormed through them like they were ants. There is a significant difference, whether your 8 level difference friend sees it or not.

"There is a significant difference, whether your 8 level difference friend sees it or not. "

ah, so this is a gut level thing from you. our friend actually checked the feedback screenie to observe if enemy bab or saves had improved... and they did not. is much more accurate a measure we would say, but we has not as yet verified.

"Wow how is it cheating?"

in the same way that using console cheats to increase level or gold or stats is cheating... is no different. 'course, as we noted already, is a sp game and only person you cheat is self.

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. we know that some of the munckins may not have noticed, but there is more to this game than combat... and being level 50 kinda makes having to be choosing skills wisely a pointless endeavor.

ah, so this is a gut level thing from you. our friend actually checked the feedback screenie to observe if enemy bab or saves had improved... and they did not. is much more accurate a measure we would say, but we has not as yet verified.

You 8 level difference friend has not played a lvl 50 character. You 8 level difference friend has not seen the DRASTIC difference between the power of a lvl 50 versus the power of a lvl 25. Your 8 level difference friend therefor hasn't been able to observe that enemies that once took 100 damage to kill, now eat 200 before falling.

But why have this discussion with someone who doesn't even own the game?

in the same way that using console cheats to increase level or gold or stats is cheating... is no different. 'course, as we noted already, is a sp game and only person you cheat is self.

Yeah, the whole cheating self, when nothing is being cheated. Nothing changes for the worse. But, again, you don't own the game, perhaps your 8 level different friend can explore some more and do a little more investigating for you.

p.s. we know that some of the munckins may not have noticed, but there is more to this game than combat... and being level 50 kinda makes having to be choosing skills wisely a pointless endeavor.

You have too much faith in this game. There's nothing "wise" about choosing your skills. You only need X amount in each skill to unlock the benefits, and you can easily attain those key numbers without getting to level 50, 40 or even 30. Unless of course, you want to waste time on the workbench building medpacs from 1000 credit items that you've broken down, which, if sold, would have given you more medpacs anyway.

Darn, I responded to all of your crap again, and you, again, failed to acknowledge other facts. So futile to even try to debate with ignorant people, but I guess it's a personal fault of mine to do it anyway.

"You 8 level difference friend has not played a lvl 50 character. You 8 level difference friend has not seen the DRASTIC difference between the power of a lvl 50 versus the power of a lvl 25. Your 8 level difference friend therefor hasn't been able to observe that enemies that once took 100 damage to kill, now eat 200 before falling.

"But why have this discussion with someone who doesn't even own the game?"

exactly. Gromnir doesn't have the game. we did play it though and we noticed no scaling. also, we does have actual numeric feedback from somebody who does own the game and they has noted that with REASONABLE level differentials, there is no scaling of enemy bab and saves... you just got gut... and we not have much faith in your gut.

"But, again, you don't own the game,"

again, lord knows how that is relevant. we played the game... and the issue of what is and is not cheating is hardly an issue specific to tsl owners, is it... though maybe you got some bizarre reasons why ownership is so important. is cheating but nobody gets hurt.

"There's nothing "wise" about choosing your skills. You only need X amount in each skill to unlock the benefits, and you can easily attain those key numbers without getting to level 50, 40 or even 30."

bs... and you know it. is some encounters where you need very high persuade or computer or repair or numbers or other skills... but you can explain away your cheating all you want. as we said, only you is getting hurt, so no harm.

HA! Good Fun!