Etymology

Rosbjerg

I always like to find the origin of names .. words and the like!

so where did your username come from? does it have a deeper meaning .. or just something you thought sounded cool? and why did you choose it?

mine is quite simple .. it's my last name! (Am I the only one using my real name here btw? and have a picture of myself .. I feel kinda strange at times with all the DARTH ----- around) :lol:

I chose it because most of the forums I'm on I like to use my real name, so not to give the impression I hide my opinions behind a pseudonym.. (not implying any of you do!) :thumbsup::)

but I normally use Camek which was derived from Cenek (a Czech name dervied from the Roman Vincent which means "to conquer")

Fortune favors the bald.

My handle/nickname is the game of the main character in Ender's Game. Whether or not said character is the protagonist is somewhat debatable in some eyes.

He is a hero who commits atrocity unknowingly.

It is a book about dual natures, leadership, love, war and everything inbetween.

hmm as a side bonus info people could explain what their avatar is .. I would like to hear the story behind both of yours! :)

Since I can't recognize them, all though I vaugely remember Darque's being mentioned in reference to a game of sorts?

Fortune favors the bald.

My username is just the first nonsense that came off the top of my head when registering the account.

The avatar is the cover of the '80s ninja movie '9 deaths of the ninja'. A true l33t avatar for a l33t username. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Mine was named after the band "Pixies". The Pixies rock. As in I like the band "Pixies". The "avatar" came off a website about the band, Pixies...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I hate my name. I've thought of changing it to "Ted" or "Boz" or some such. I guess I'll have to stick with Eldar. *shrug* It was good enough for Tolkien's elves, it more than good enough for me. I guess. Maybe a bit pretentious, I suppose.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Song by Staind that my girlfriend and I first...  well you know

ah yes .. then I should call myself "Meet Virginia" (yes I fought it was a quite amusing song to hear while having "well you know" too!) :D

and to Eldar .. well depends on how old you are! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

<Cosmo Kramer-Greatest man to have ever lived through the telly.

Wheelman-From my favorite driving game: The original Driver. Sure I was young and easily influenced, but this game got me into cars big time.

Old Skool-The cars I like. Preferably a 1967-70 Black Dodge Charger. It's a man's car.

As for the capitalization, well, bigger is better. Except when it's posted. :)

My nick comes from Ludo, which is my nick in real life too (derived from Lukas), and my last name is van der Zee. Ludo + Zee = Ludozee

My avatar at this moment is one of the Happy Tree Friends, but the avatar I use the most is the Dutch symbol to warn people that a movie contains nudity... :) :ph34r:

(which reminds me, time to switch)

taks has been my nick for over 20 years... 25 actually. it didn't really set in till i was in high school, however, and there were 4 or 5 marks running around in our group. we all had to go by last names but shortened, due to stonedness i suppose. taks reared it's head again as a shorter version of my last name...

as for the TRUE etymology of my last name, it is either rumanian (yes, spelled with a u) or hungarian and rumor has it the word means "shoemaker." i am not a shoemaker, however, nor was my grandfather, the last soul with the original name.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

My handle/nickname is the game of the main character in Ender's Game.  Whether or not said character is the protagonist is somewhat debatable in some eyes.

He is a hero who commits atrocity unknowingly.

It is a book about dual natures, leadership, love, war and everything inbetween.

I liked Speaker for the Dead better. The ending was very bittersweet though,

what with Ender's loss of Jane and all.

;)

I actually read the first one (Ender's Game) for a book report in school earlier this year, my essay was titled 'Two Sides of the Same Coin".

Mine was named after the band "Pixies".  The Pixies rock.  As in I like the band "Pixies".  The "avatar" came off a website about the band, Pixies...

I always thought it was some kind of allusion to Cocaine! :ph34r:

I hate my name.  I've thought of changing it to "Ted" or "Boz" or some such.  I guess I'll have to stick with Eldar.  *shrug*  It was good enough for Tolkien's elves, it more than good enough for me.  I guess.  Maybe a bit pretentious, I suppose.

And thus you have the source of my name. Eru is the head 'God' figure from which all the other lower gods sprung up from in The Silmarillion, and is who the Eldar, Dwarves, and about an equal split of the Men followed.

My friends call me kor, which is shortened from my painful name of Corey. And well, the Qel Droma thing doesn't need an explanation in a SW forum, does it? I pilfered my avatar from a Johnny Cash website since someone was already using the Exar Kun one. And OSW, I think George is the best thing on that show.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

And well, the Qel Droma thing doesn't need an explanation in a SW forum, does it?

Well, this isn't really a Star Wars forum.....

Fair enough. Ulic Qel Droma was a brash young Jedi who tried unsuccessfully to learn the power of the dark side in an attempt to destroy the Sith. He became the student of Dark Lord Exar Kun, did some bad stuff like slaying his brother before he was cut off from the force.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

My nickname is the first letter in my first name and my whole last name: M Kreku.

My avatar is an enemy you can encounter in the game Wasteland, with an ugly Santa Claus hat drawn onto it..

My title used to be Swedish Redneck before they removed custom titles. Grr.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My title used to be Swedish Redneck before they removed custom titles. Grr.

There used to be custom titles? In these boards? :o

Why did they remove them?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.