Suggestions for KotOR III

You're walking dangerous grounds here, you're judging a game you haven't played yet. TSL doesn't have the same presentation as KotOR, but it has shine when comes story and content IMO.

No I am not, I judged FF X-2 before I played it and seen my judgement remain the same after I play it.

I hate when some people go around saying "you cannot judge something before you play it" since for me it the same "you have to eat **** to know it taste bad".

With that attitude, then i'm afraid you're going to hate TSL aswell. You're going to hate the whole story, since it resolves around you being a

force wound

, which doesn't fit your perception on what the force really is. You're going to hate that

Canderous is the new Mandalore, gathering other Mandalorians from the galaxy back to Dxun

. You're also going to hate that

the Basilisk war droid doesn't have the same design as the TOTJ-books

, which by the way, looked awful, and you're also going to hate that the Jedi temple on Coruscant lies empty since it doesn't fit with the EU-timeline. And you're definately going the hate the fact that

there's still some "True Sith"-empire out there.

I'm not even going to into the gamemechanics, since you're to bound to the d20-rules in order to accept some flexibility.

Arguing with you is like discussing what "true" Metal is with a metalhead :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm not even going to into the gamemechanics, since you're to bound to the d20-rules in order to accept some flexibility.

I always said they sould either use the Star Wars d20 system (that is more flexible, adds a better representation of Star Wars and even been revised by the autors) or they sould create a new system.

Personaly I rather seen a new system, as it stands its too hard to use a table top RPG rule system since it never translate well into the cRPG medium and trying to "fix" some of the problems tends to create new ones that are overlooked.

So dont go around lying over what I stand over the d20 system since the only strong stand I taken was when it come to epic levels were I said they would break the system without careful implementation (and I know that because I own the epic Handbook and seen how class progression in relation to almost evertything changes) since there is a reason why its the d20 system.

But feel free to ignore my opinions that come from someone that used (and abandoned) the d20 system before KotOR was even when other people come out and expressed the same points that I did.

Reading these replies remind me of GameFAQs fangirls calling me sexist and prejudiced because I said FF X-2 was not my cup of tea ... I love the fanboy mentality, reminds me of extremist groups.

drakron.png

But I love KotOR so much....I tried galaxies and it sucked but KotOR's combat far exceeds that of Galaxies and overall KotOR feels more like Star Wars than anything else.

which is why i suggested you post this on a galaxies forum, in hopes that galaxies will change their format closer to that of kotor. :rolleyes:

Yeah but to do that they would probably need a new engine

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Yeah but to do that they would probably need a new engine

to do what youre asking would also require massive changes to the current structure of kotor as well. its no different, since youre asking for something that wasnt meant to be a part of the current kotor series.

True, that is why I ask for these suggestions to be implemented into KotOR III because most likely they will make a new engine for it.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I'll add my post from the other form to here:

================================

I loved KOTOR I and KOTOR II is even better. However, I had some interesting ideas for KOTOR 3. While I am sure you (programming team), receive ideas all the time, I thought it wouldn't hurt if I posted mine, as well.

1) Let the player start off as either JEDI or SITH. If your a JEDI, then you have a -COMPLETELY- different game. I'm talking different planets, different missions, etc. Then, if your a SITH, then you literally can fight to control the Sith fleet. Not just the characters becomming "dark side," but actually being a full Sith Lord (or whatever prestige class). Instead of you being fully evil, yet still fighting the Sith, you actually could control their fleet.

I'm also referring to like a whole different objective. Not the same game with different dialogs and different options/movies, but different planets/missions/etc.

Also, instead of just having dialog-changing events, have game-changing events. Like for example: Let's pretend on Peragus you have the option to blow up or not blow up the mine field. If you do blow it up, you go to a completely different set of planets again (including the already different game if you choice JEDI or SITH.), and if you don't blow it up, you continue on the game.

You could include several "game-chaning" events, and make literally each time through almost impossible to be the same game more than once.

However, still let dialog choices effect the outcome... because you then get to literally play the game hundreds of time, with each time being different.

2) Please put an actual romance back into the game. Like literally let Mira/Handmaiden/Visas/etc. fall in love and kiss and all with the character. (Like Revan and Bastilla in the original KOTOR.)

3) On the fight scenes, (ex: When Kreia walks on the bridge on Malachor V and the Sith show up behind her, actually show Kreia attacking them or using force powers... not just a black screen, fade in, and we see everyone die.)

4) Please don't get rid of HK-47! He is the best part of the game, meatbags! :-P

5) **Endings!** The ending in KOTOR II was interesting in the fact that Kreia told the future, but it offered no real resolutions. More importantly, *** NO END-GAME MOVIES! *** You HAVE to have end-game movies, PLEASE INCLUDE END-GAME movies in the next KOTOR III.

I realise that -especially number one- is a programming nightmare, but it would be so amazing just to see the different (hundreds) of ways to play one game.

Also, please somehow explain what became of Revan and the TRUE SITH. That would be a great plot for KOTOR III. The "TRUE SITH" or the Jedi side of the game: re-organizing the order and then gathering forces to battle the "TRUE SITH."

These are just my suggestions that I think would make KOTOR III not only the best game ever, but also the most advanced game ever created.

Thanks!

I'll add my post from the other form to here:

================================

I loved KOTOR I and KOTOR II is even better. However, I had some interesting ideas for KOTOR 3. While I am sure you (programming team), receive ideas all the time, I thought it wouldn't hurt if I posted mine, as well.

1) Let the player start off as either JEDI or SITH. If your a JEDI, then you have a -COMPLETELY- different game. I'm talking different planets, different missions, etc. Then, if your a SITH, then you literally can fight to control the Sith fleet. Not just the characters becomming "dark side," but actually being a full Sith Lord (or whatever prestige class). Instead of you being fully evil, yet still fighting the Sith, you actually could control their fleet.

I'm also referring to like a whole different objective. Not the same game with different dialogs and different options/movies, but different planets/missions/etc.

Also, instead of just having dialog-changing events, have game-changing events. Like for example: Let's pretend on Peragus you have the option to blow up or not blow up the mine field. If you do blow it up, you go to a completely different set of planets again (including the already different game if you choice JEDI or SITH.), and if you don't blow it up, you continue on the game.

You could include several "game-chaning" events, and make literally each time through almost impossible to be the same game more than once.

However, still let dialog choices effect the outcome... because you then get to literally play the game hundreds of time, with each time being different.

2) Please put an actual romance back into the game. Like literally let Mira/Handmaiden/Visas/etc. fall in love and kiss and all with the character. (Like Revan and Bastilla in the original KOTOR.)

3) On the fight scenes, (ex: When Kreia walks on the bridge on Malachor V and the Sith show up behind her, actually show Kreia attacking them or using force powers... not just  a black screen, fade in, and we see everyone die.)

4) Please don't get rid of HK-47! He is the best part of the game, meatbags! :-P

5) **Endings!** The ending in KOTOR II was interesting in the fact that Kreia told the future, but it offered no real resolutions. More importantly, *** NO END-GAME MOVIES! *** You HAVE to have end-game movies, PLEASE INCLUDE END-GAME movies in the next KOTOR III.

I realise that -especially number one- is a programming nightmare, but it would be so amazing just to see the different (hundreds) of ways to play one game.

Also, please somehow explain what became of Revan and the TRUE SITH. That would be a great plot for KOTOR III. The "TRUE SITH" or the Jedi side of the game: re-organizing the order and then gathering forces to battle the "TRUE SITH."

These are just my suggestions that I think would make KOTOR III not only the best game ever, but also the most advanced game ever created.

Thanks!

Great suggestions! I love them all!

Edited for content

I always said they sould either use the Star Wars d20 system (that is more flexible, adds a better representation of Star Wars and even been revised by the autors) or they sould create a new system.

Personaly I rather seen a new system, as it stands its too hard to use a table top RPG rule system since it never translate well into the cRPG medium and trying to "fix" some of the problems tends to create new ones that are overlooked.

So dont go around lying over what I stand over the d20 system since the only strong stand I taken was when it come to epic levels were I said they would break the system without careful implementation (and I know that because I own the epic Handbook and seen how class progression in relation to almost evertything changes) since there is a reason why its the d20 system.

But feel free to ignore my opinions that come from someone that used (and abandoned) the d20 system before KotOR was even when other people come out and expressed the same points that I did.

Fair enough, i must've mixed your opinions up with someone elses.

Reading these replies remind me of GameFAQs fangirls calling me sexist and prejudiced because I said FF X-2 was not my cup of tea ... I love the fanboy mentality, reminds me of extremist groups.

Huh? What's with the namecalling?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, I agree. Quite sad really. Like they're going to receive a special prize in the mail from Obsidian for consisently defending their game on the Forums lmao

- dr cloak

*attempts to rescue topic to the realm of sanity*

KotOR 3 must feature the following:

• The reurn of the 3 stooges - "Lord Malak was most displeased you had escaped Taris alive...".

• The retun of Gluupor! Preferably "wonkey".

• Absolutely NO MORE Wookies. Hell, we'll take Gungans, Ewoks AND Jawas, but please, no more Wookies.

• One of the strange blue elephant creatures from Jabba's Palace

• Swoop upgrades....finally! <_<

• A Carth killing minigame.

• Yuthura Ban as a recruitable NPC.

• Removal of the bastardization of Star Wars d20 rules.

• The availabiliy of non-Jedi classes for the player character.

• No rampant levelling.

• High level of challenge and difficulty.

• Memorable characters.

• A first class story.

• Did I mention no more Wookies?

:cool:

manthing2.jpg

Interesting selection of suggestions Jag, hard to tell which you are serious and which not.

1) At the moment don't recognize who you mean.

2) Jaja, yeah there's somebody that was missed.

3) I don't mind Wookies and I don't mind not having them but no Ewoks...no, never, ever, EVER!!!

4) Sorely missed from any of the multiple cantinas in either KotOR game.

5) Yep, though I never cared for the swoop game anyway.

6) Jaja, I never disliked Carth, but if they put it in I'm not opposed to it.

7) I'm not for this one; I liked her story and character but not for having her in the party, but if they do put her in I wouldn't complain about it.

:o Agree.

9) No.

10) Absolutely, though they have to find a way to balance all the Force power and feat progression, there's way too much to give a character if you can't level up as fast and so much. Otherwise characters would get virtually no feats or skills upgrades throughout the game.

11) Agree.

12) Goes without saying.

13) Jeje, whatever; in/out don't bother me none...just no Ewoks!

I'd love to also see the following.

1) Core planets; I'm sick of the Outer Rim all the time; Coruscant, Corellia, give me at least one!

2) More Prequel races: Zabraks are cool but I want Kel Dor dammit (Plo Koon), Iktotchi (Saesee Tiin), Nautolan (Kit Fisto), and a bunch of others I don't remember their names.

3) Jedi Armor. Yeah I like robes, but I like the idea of being able to use both, I like to for once actually look like a knight instead of a monk and the armor from the comics looked really good.

4) Conclusion to the story. End it before you screw it up beyond repair, if you want to make KotOR 4, 5, 10, then go right ahead; you still got over 3500 years before TPM, plenty of new story and atmosphere to create. But make a grand ending to this particular saga, it deserves better than stagnating one cliffhanger after another.

5) When you actually make a character as cool looking as Nihilis, give him something to do, make that character actually prominent in the story and actually a villain to beat, not a pushover cameo when the guy's face is plastered on the box and has been built up mysteriously in every poster and teaser since the game's announcement.

6) More NPCs. Add some replay value so it's different other than LS/DS. Give me different parties and character combos that make a new game actually feel like a new experience. If I can have 10 npcs with me throughout the game, have a list of 20 or even 30 possibles. Yeah I know how long it will take to do that, but since everyone is expecting a new engine anyway might as well add more things to make 3 better than the previous two.

7) If you're gonna do romances, do them right. Involve the romance into the plot, give the characters a sense they actually feel something for each other, make complications like jealousy or a threat, and my God have the characters kiss, hold hands, anything visually descriptive of emotional attachment that isn't a line of dialogue which is never reinforced by anything else.

8) Aside from closure to the story, an actual cinematic ending to conclude the experience without breaking the feel or pace of the game would be a must for me.

My Two cents.

My suggestion is not worry about a KotOR 3 til Lucas Arts confirms there is an actual KotOR 3 is coming and who the developer is.

Seconded. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a little speculation, but recently all you can see in General Discusison is wilder and wilder KotOR 3 speculation.

Very True but now that KotOR II is out everyone goes to the Spoiler forum to talk about it leaving the General Discussion forum without much to talk about than a speculated KotOR III.

Edited for content

Good suggestions everyone I am glad to see people using this post to add to the list I started.

Edited for content

To make KotOR III more like the movies and more realistic with regards to lightsaber attacks, I think it would be interesting if certain lightsaber attacks can sever your hand like how Keira loses her hand at the beginning of TSL. Then, if you're more into weapons, you can can choose to go to certain shops to get a mechanical hand or request an NPC like Bao-Dur build one for you once his skills are high enough ... or you can concentrate on your force powers (get some focus bonus?) and not get a new hand. A lot of people are playing with one or two sabers these days so I don't think having to play with a single saber through part of a world would be that bad.

War is horrible and a lot of people get injured. Just visit any VA hospital. This would be a way to let people know the personal injury consequences of war in a game setting. Plus it would be in line with the Star Wars movies since losing a hand is a common thread that shows up in all but one of the movies. From a business/money perspective, I wouldn't do it if you couldn't still get the Teen rating for the game though.

It would be nice if your saber could get destroyed mid-way through a battle that you win as well. Some components could be lost, some damaged, and others recovered.

hmm lets see definantly a seperate feature for double bladed as someone who has the game pointed out and i totally agree with.

more styles a must dammit i dont care for the seven innovate people cmon use those heads for more than banging against a brick wall.

a female pilot for a change whiny carth, and heard atton cant pilot all to well.

perhaps switch from the ebon hawk i dont care if it is an improved hawk called blue hawk as long as its different and upgraded.

what else yes make it so implants doent require base level constitution cant believe the testers didnt complain on that. oh and pls bring back the vacum mask from kotor 1 which was the best item ever shame it was darkened for revan.

more variety of droids and weapons and robes and armours lets see just various versions of droids would be cool and definantely death scythes, spear weapons, bigger rocket launchers, maybe an ion cannon oh and definantely a sith bladed weapon of some sort cant forget that. oh and one last thing how bout some sith artifacts that you can use to sup yourself up with.

more planets to visit probably a few aparations depending on ls or ds.

Forget pazaak i want to gamble so lets bring up the dueling, robot boxing, robot wrestling (futurama style lol), robot football.

doent be subtle with romances bring it on but not one specific char have options open unlike kotor 1 but hey i let that slide cause bastilla was cool.

try to get more force powers it may be tough to top but give it a try.

if i think of more il get back to ya :luck:

KotoR III?

If there is one*fingers crossed* i would like to see some of the following.

The story finished to its logical conclusion.Theres been hints dropped throughout the first two games that something sinister and dark is bidding its time beyond the Outer Rim.A threat that makes the Sith who have caused all the latest trouble seem a pale threat.Canderous made mention of it in the first one,running into something in an asteroid belt,this latest installment gives it greater depth but it still lurks in the shadows.Therefor the adventure taken out of the known and into the unknown.Into the dark place and against the threat that Revan left behind his companions to face.The one that seemed to make even Canderous pause.

New worlds,bigger worlds,more involved worlds.I would even like to see a pre-empire Corsucant.One game allowed you to travel there briefly,forget which one for the old PS1,it would make a very interesting world.Mandalorian worlds.

Greater fleshing out of characters,more dialouge between characters,more involved dialouge.Multiple endings.Not just light and dark but also neutral.Endings affected by what the character did or didn't do.More party members available to recruit,though you wouldn't be able to recruit all of them in a game.Each game would play out slightly different and would add to the replay value.A game that is more story and character driven then the last two.It's asking alot,but it's why i play the game.The combat is an integral part of the game,but to me it's all about the characters,the combat is the inbetween part in developing my relationships with my party and the story.

I'm asking for nothing less than an epic adventure that not only explores the boundaries of the Star Wars universe but reaches out beyond them to new races,events,losses and triumphs.I'm only asking for a continuation of one of the best,most intriguing,and entertaining explorations of the Star Wars universe and mythos around.

Might add more later.

My two cents - Two Words: Droid Planet.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/ar...ev20050117.html

I was VERY dissapointed when they didn't resolve the HK storyline in KOTOR II by the end, and I think a mini-quest and/or storyline plot where you travel to a droid world where HK's are being made by some evil sith fellow to destroy Revan/Exile could tie up all the loose ends as to why HK was all in bits and pieces in KOTOR II and where T3 took the ebon hawk to, to try and find out who/why someone was making HK replica's and why he erased it from the Ship database etc etc.

Such a HUGE plot point unresolved, let alone the ending...was frustrating.

So yeah, my ONLY wish, is a droid planet on the "outer rim" to sum up and piece together/fix the HK/T3 storyline.

Kotor III should indeed have a new engine where you can:

A) chop off heads / arms and slice melee weapons without a cortosis weave in two (sandpeople with Gaffi sticks where so unrealistic in Kotor I)

B) Have free look ability (does Kotor II have that? I haven't played the game yet)

I don't necessarily have to agree with a lot of other points. I think an expansion disk is all right to me as well.

I do have to say that I wouldn't want to play again as the exile or Revan but as someone who doesn't know much about the force, the Jedi (which are wiped out in Kotor III, why not). Start of as a sort of Luke Skywalker in ANH with how about Yuthura Ban / Juhani or how about Mekel as a Jedi Master to train you in the ways of the force. That would be very interesting IMO. For all other things well, I do trust game developers are making a great game. As for to be visiting planets. This is on my wish list:

1) YAVIN IV!!!

2) Alderaan

3) Mon calamari

4) Coruscant

5) Hapes

6) Naboo

7) Ithor

:blink: Ord Mantell

9) Dagobah

I don't know about you but from Kotor I, I really didn't like the "Kotor created planets" like Taris and Manaan and to a lesser extent the Unknown World and the Star Forge. Maybe Kotor II is doing something better with Peragus and Telos but I am not really looking forward to those.

Space exploration is a good thing to do in Star Wars and since the only way to explore this universe is to play the Kotor RPG's I say we should have a fully new list of planets to be taken from the "Original section of planets" from the movies or books! NO MORE CREATIONS PLEASE!

Master Vandar lives!

ya while kotor2 brought in alot of new planets there couldve been more

my wishlis 4 kotor3:

1) mon calamari- looooong overdue, i mean they do tattoine but but they dont do a very kool world like this?

2) coruscant be kinda kool to see some of the global action like the planetary city still bein built, u kno like u gotta go into a work area or somethin and youd see a droid workin on a terminal or somethin and overload or a human or alien get shocked and use a cuss word in their respective language

3) lightsaber hilts, itd be kool if like u could change a double bladed lightsaber so it could switch/snap like mauls did in episode1, also curved lightsabers would have more maneuverability.

4) lightsaber feats & forms, ANIMATION for lightsaber forms, like juyo which requires alot of movement and stuff. i mean if the fools on LA can do it so can obsidian. also feats 4 double bladed or 2 lightsabers, ex ur guy fights in a different way, like anakin wit 2 and maul wit his double- that was seriously kool ****, regardless of dialogue in the...new movies.

5) fable like romance options, ex marry- or whuteva u wanna do wit em and have sex wit prty members-hehe if youve played fable its really a kool option.LOTS and lots of dialogue wit ur prty members.

6)new 3d plane game engine, somethin thattl hold night/day and weather.

7)also ur character face options. like in final fantasy u can choose right down to their eyes, except make it so u can choose the species, but u can only marry ur own species..i mean itd be kinda weird wit a twi lik or a hutt bangin bastilla or somethin...veneral diseases...herpes...

8) NO WOOKIES JAWAS OR EWOKS PLEEEAAASSSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....damn irish

9) decent shops, i mean u couldnt buy anything WORTH buying in kotor2...i had like 50,000 creds and im supposed to buy a antidote kit or a stick?