Suggestions for KotOR III

No......I doubt because KotOR I made alot of money....KotOR II will probably make about as much and thus there is no reason not to make a KotOR III.

KotOR II make out in a piggy ride of 3 things ... Star Wars name, KotOR success and the Xmas release.

KotOR III have to live with the fact its a sequel to KotORII were they already decided what SW:KOtOR III story is all about and we are not getting sales figures at this stage, I ca say its one less sale that KotOR since I have no intention of being subject to that kind of plot, I have some taste when it comes to plot and universe intregity and I have FF X-2 to prove that I am right when it comes to have a decision if a game is good or not.

Are you claiming that KotOR II is to KotOR like FFX-2 was to FFX?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

why oh why do people keep suggesting a multiplayer function? there is star wars galaxies for this. thats why that game exists. the kotor series is about the STORY. no multiplayer game has a great story. none.

if anything, anyone who wants multiplayer should be on the galaxies forum suggesting different new additions to that game rather than trying to change kotor into what its not. <_<

After reading all these responses I think I can resonably say that the whole "different hilts" idea wont work but I still think that there can maybe be a "special" hilt that resembles dookus......but I am probably the only one who cares.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Are you claiming that  KotOR II is to KotOR like FFX-2 was to FFX?

No, its not fair to FF X-2 since it lacks the many technical issues being reported by Xbox players.

But there are some similarities of both game development but there are diferences, at least FF X-2 had a new combat system and was continued by the same developer.

I cannot really compare both, at points one is better that the other and the other that is reversed ... FF X-2 story is hard to take at some times (like the peace concert :) ) and it was kinda "charlie angels" (except with a japonese pop flavor) most of the times as TSL (mind you I am a european and as such only know what been posted about the plot) appears to be a "Star Wars spin off" with concepts that make no sense in the setting, perhaps if they stop trying to rip off PS:T and TESB it might been better but I have no way to know it.

For me FF X-2 is bad but TSL is worst.

drakron.png

Are you claiming that  KotOR II is to KotOR like FFX-2 was to FFX?

No, its not fair to FF X-2 since it lacks the many technical issues being reported by Xbox players.

But there are some similarities of both game development but there are diferences, at least FF X-2 had a new combat system and was continued by the same developer.

I cannot really compare both, at points one is better that the other and the other that is reversed ... FF X-2 story is hard to take at some times (like the peace concert :) ) and it was kinda "charlie angels" (except with a japonese pop flavor) most of the times as TSL (mind you I am a european and as such only know what been posted about the plot) appears to be a "Star Wars spin off" with concepts that make no sense in the setting, perhaps if they stop trying to rip off PS:T and TESB it might been better but I have no way to know it.

For me FF X-2 is bad but TSL is worst.

You're walking dangerous grounds here, you're judging a game you haven't played yet. TSL doesn't have the same presentation as KotOR, but it has shine when comes story and content IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

After reading all these responses I think I can resonably say that the whole "different hilts" idea wont work but I still think that there can maybe be a "special" hilt that resembles dookus......but I am probably the only one who cares.

It could work, but it won't impress anybody but the casual gamer, or at least that's what I think.

But, why doesn't everybody just queit down, let Hades make a list, then we will go from there.

Trust me, with Hades at the head, with a couple of underlings for him to torture/order around, in a couple of months, you'll have a great game.

Will you all stop B*itchen about how u hated TSL? What the hell were u expecting?

THe game improves upon the first game in nearly every aspect except argueably the end storyline, and everyone loved KOTOR.

so dont be whiny little girls casue i really cant stand teh pessimism. This game is jsut as good if not better than KOTOR and u all think you know what ur talking about but im sure most of you woudl be pissed no matter how the game turned out.

If they used a brand new system you woud be whingin how it did not follwoe the D20 system close enough or that the old gameplay was fine.

($SPOILER$)

KOTOR 2 was a good stoy up untill teh last two worlds when u realized you could never be a jedi, never be a sith lord, didn't really have a connection to teh force, manipulated other around you, and the Sh*t hit the fan with Atris and teh Jedi council.

($END SPOILER$)

Other than the dissappoint finnishings of teh storyline TSL is vastly superior to KOTOR in everyway. It was the same difficulty and it had teh same KOTOR gameplay only it was on steroids with new powers and skills

The main improvementsI PERSONNALLy enjoyed.

-COmbat styles and force stances

-Improved effectiveness of non lightsaber wielding players (Atton and mandalore)

-Deeper conversation choices

- Prestige Classes

SUre there were a few poor points like

-shortage of Dark Jedi to fight throught the game

-Bugs

-Deadliens with characters (Mira)

Dumb conclussion

But other than that it was the same game as kotor jsut with new tricks, which i enjoyed casue it was Kotor with a twist and a fresh character and new worlds. So if u liked KOTOR Stop bitching unless u can back up ur opinion with solid fact instead of pure conjecture.

You're walking dangerous grounds here, you're judging a game you haven't played yet. TSL doesn't have the same presentation as KotOR, but it has shine when comes story and content IMO.

No I am not, I judged FF X-2 before I played it and seen my judgement remain the same after I play it.

I hate when some people go around saying "you cannot judge something before you play it" since for me it the same "you have to eat **** to know it taste bad".

drakron.png

Will you all stop B*itchen about how u hated TSL? What the hell were u expecting?

I expected what we got.

THe game improves upon the first game in nearly every aspect except argueably the end storyline, and everyone loved KOTOR.

First not everyone loved KotOR, its a good game but hardly "lovable" and there are a lot of people that hate the game because of people like you, anoying fanboys that go around defending a game for god sake.

so dont be whiny little girls casue i really cant stand teh pessimism. This game is jsut as good if not better than KOTOR and u all think you know what ur talking about but im sure most of you woudl be pissed no matter how the game turned out.

Well I know what I am talking about, unlike the fanboys that are cluess over the d20 syste, and Star Wars itself.

And no, I would not be "pissed" if this game would have done diferenty ... in fact I am not pissed at all because:

a) I spend no money on it (I dont have it).

b) I have no expectations over it.

If they used a brand new system you woud be whingin how it did not follwoe the D20 system close enough or that the old gameplay was fine.

I always defended the system sould either be reworked or abandoned, one of the notable weak points of KotOR was the incredible easy combat system and the fact BioWare adaptation of the d20 system left a lot to be desired.

($SPOILER$)

KOTOR 2 was a good stoy up untill teh last two worlds when u realized you could never be a jedi, never be a sith lord, didn't really have a connection to teh force, manipulated other around you, and the Sh*t hit the fan with Atris and teh Jedi council.

($END SPOILER$)

That is why I dont like the story, its absurd and not Star Wars ... its PS:T all over again.

Other than the dissappoint finnishings of teh storyline TSL is vastly superior to KOTOR in everyway. It was the same difficulty and it had teh same KOTOR gameplay only it was on steroids with new powers and skills

Yes "Bigger and Louder" .... are you 13 or something because I left that age long ago.

But other than that it was the same game as kotor jsut with new tricks, which i enjoyed casue it was Kotor with a twist and a fresh character and new worlds. So if u liked KOTOR Stop bitching unless u can back up ur opinion with solid fact instead of pure conjecture.

With the same "facts" you presented ... right.

drakron.png

New engine: I'd rather not see one... maybe better graphics, that's all. I'm afraid they'd ruin the whole KOTOR feeling with some peculiar engine.

Maybe, which is why I would prefer to see a new engine, based on the original engine.

This keeps it familiar, but (I think) allows improvements (i.e. graphics) to be implemented much easier. Also cuts down on development time.

No I am not, I judged FF X-2 before I played it and seen my judgement remain the same after I play it.

I hate when some people go around saying "you cannot judge something before you play it" since for me it the same "you have to eat **** to know it taste bad".

Go ahead and judge it ahead of time if you want, but I can tell you comparing KOTOR2 to FFX-2 is the worst thing I can imagine. <_<

I liked FFX, truly. And I HATED FFX-2 -- so much that after 8 hours of force-feeding it to myself, I traded it back and never plan on playing it through, or touching it again.

KOTOR2 has an excellent story. And since you're judging it by the bits and pieces you read here, I say you go right ahead and skip it. But for the fans of the first game, looking for compelling characters and a more personal story of a jedi knight's redemption (or fall to darkness!), ENJOY the game.

I judged FF X-2 from the bits posted on GameFAQs.

And from what I seen TSL does not have a great Star Wars story, it have the same story that PS:T with a Star Wars twist to it.

I seen enough of the "bit and pieces" to make a judgement, it looks you do not since the story is not about "the personal story of a jedi knight's redemption (or fall to darkness!)", we are playing TNO except instead of mortality we have the Force.

drakron.png

why oh why do people keep suggesting a multiplayer function?  there is star wars galaxies for this.  thats why that game exists.  the kotor series is about the STORY.  no multiplayer game has a great story.  none.

if anything, anyone who wants multiplayer should be on the galaxies forum suggesting different new additions to that game rather than trying to change kotor into what its not.  <_<

But I love KotOR so much....I tried galaxies and it sucked but KotOR's combat far exceeds that of Galaxies and overall KotOR feels more like Star Wars than anything else.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I judged FF X-2 from the bits posted on GameFAQs.

And from what I seen TSL does not have a great Star Wars story, it have the same story that PS:T with a Star Wars twist to it.

I seen enough of the "bit and pieces" to make a judgement, it looks you do not since the story is not about "the personal story of a jedi knight's redemption (or fall to darkness!)", we are playing TNO except instead of mortality we have the Force.

whatever you say. If it's exactly like PS:T, I wouldn't know. All I know is I've been playing the game for 52+ hours, and you've played exactly ZERO ;)

You should make a gaming website -- I mean, with informed opinions like yours, who wouldn't pay??

But I love KotOR so much....I tried galaxies and it sucked but KotOR's combat far exceeds that of Galaxies and overall KotOR feels more like Star Wars than anything else.

which is why i suggested you post this on a galaxies forum, in hopes that galaxies will change their format closer to that of kotor. ;)

whatever you say.  If it's exactly like PS:T, I wouldn't know.  All I know is I've been playing the game for 52+ hours, and you've played exactly ZERO  ;)

You should make a gaming website -- I mean, with informed opinions like yours, who wouldn't pay??

drakron is just against anything kotor, even though he hasnt played tsl yet. thats not to say that his comments have no validity in them, but that any validity they have are merely "coincidence" since hes never actually played the game.

For the record I am not against everything SW:KotOR ... I liked many things on the first (being a game I actually finished with is rare for me these days, I tend to get bored and start playing something else) but that does not mean I failed to see that game flaws.

When TSL was anounced so were the game features and people that were here at the time remenber how much I blasted the epic levels as well as many things, I had some expectations but with the release information about it they were not meet.

As for making a "gaming site" ... its something that crossed my mind but I know myself and I would end up neglect it, not to say I would need to invest time to learn website construction, find a host, writting in a way that does not muder the english language as I tend to do ... too much effort for little gain, people are just too fanatical about gaming these days with is a sad truth.

drakron.png